Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

ActiveSky FS Released

1 minute ago, sd_flyer said:

Can you please help me to find where exactly to set it? I'm currently loaded flight plan from simbrief and using "live weather" mode

Options, Simulator depiction options, Depiction smoothing rate

• Like 1

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

13 minutes ago, LondonController said:

If you knew anything about me or my streams you would know that I was very excited for AS for MSFS. Was really interested to see what it would bring different from default. It brought absolutley nothing different personally - and in fact actually looked worse than default. And I had to pay for the privilege.

Other people with Flow and 'Toolbar Mods' experienced the same issue as me with weird weather depiction. So what does this product actually do? They can't change the weather depiction because the API, then can't add a weather radar because of the API. I know this isn't their fault and I'm sure they would love to change these things, but I don't get (and still don't) what I am paying £25 for?

Look like you should have spent some time learning how the program works, before doing a live stream proving that you don't. 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 4

spacer.png

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020  PMDG 777    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

14 minutes ago, LondonController said:

If you knew anything about me or my streams you would know that I was very excited for AS for MSFS. Was really interested to see what it would bring different from default. It brought absolutley nothing different personally - and in fact actually looked worse than default. And I had to pay for the privilege.

Other people with Flow and 'Toolbar Mods' experienced the same issue as me with weird weather depiction. So what does this product actually do? They can't change the weather depiction because the API, then can't add a weather radar because of the API. I know this isn't their fault and I'm sure they would love to change these things, but I don't get (and still don't) what I am paying £25 for?

Don't you think you should've asked those questions before you bought it?!
You're the problem with todays review junkies on streaming sites, quick jump in and have a go, if it doesn't work you shout from the roof tops not to buy a product even though common sense dictates you wait - patiently - to see if there's a reason, but no it's DON'T BUY isn't it...

• Like 12

Pico Neo3 Link VR - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

7 minutes ago, Maxis said:

@LondonController

Please dont take this as having a bash but "before" going live i would have recommended that you would have given the product a thorough run through offline so that you.

1.Dont look unprepared while online

and

2. Unfairly assess the product on the merits.

Hopefully you give your audience another go of the product once you have gotten past the initial teething issues you may have had.

Cheers

I wouldn't say I was unprepared at all. I've been streaming for nearly 5 years and check out new products all the time. Unfortunately first impressions really do count and the 'faff' that I had to go through to get it 'working' seemed really not worth my time.

That being said I would of course be up for checking it out again once teething issues have been cleared!

13 minutes ago, LondonController said:

but I don't get (and still don't) what I am paying £25 for

To get a cheap/instant monetization return on a YT stream deliberately ran as soon as possible after product release to maximise viewers?

If you're streaming for FREE I take that back.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 3

Russell Gough

SE London

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

To get a cheap/instant monetization return on a YT stream deliberately ran as soon as possible after product release to maximise viewers?

If you're streaming for FREE I take that back.

I am a Twitch streamer. I was already live at this point. We don't get 'extra money' for the amount of viewers we have.

Posted (edited)

Chewwy is testing it

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 2

Well,

My real world beta pilots are testing Active Sky and showing me videos of turbulence with Active Sky.. I must say @Damian Clark thank you so much for finally depicting turbulence properly! it is one of the things I hate the most from MSFS live weather..

MSFS Live weather turbulence just makes the wind change direction constantly at an incredible rate (measured in MS) this throws around any GA aircraft and makes it feels incredible unbearable to the point most of the time we end up disabling or setting the turbulence to "LIGHT" instead of realistic. This method from MSFS works with airliners because they have more inertia but small airplanes, it just nonsense.

Now with Active Sky I can see the wind changing speed, in a much more realistic way and smothered.. way, way much more realistic.. on this basis alone I am buying it.. 

My 2 cents,
Raul

• Like 31

Signature3.png

Oficial Website: https://www.FSReborn.com
Discord Channel: https://discord.gg/XC82TqvKQ3

Just bought it, great to have you back Damian. 

• Like 3

Ivan Majetic

ROG CROSSHAIR X670E HERO; 7900X3D; NZXT KRAKEN ELITE 360, GIGABYTE RTX 4080; G.SKILL TridentZ DDR5 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ALIENWARE 3423DWF

Haven't seen too many of the comparison images yet but the ones I have seen do look significantly more refined / realistic. I'm liking the look of the stratus specifically because in MSFS weather stratus tends to look more like a bunch of cumulus mashed together. In activesky I have seen a nice smooth top depiction as is more reflective of reality. The only thing holding me back at the moment is whether you can see an approaching front in the distance or if it is just metar "cubes" that one transitions between? Still likely to give it a go, Damian has worked a lot of magic historically in P3d and I loved his products then. Also, since it's apparent MSFS is doing absolutely nothing to really work on the weather, I want to support any efforts by a credible developer to improve it!

• Like 1

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

8 minutes ago, simbol said:

it is one of the things I hate the most from MSFS live weather..

It used to exist, but it broke at some point, I think when they switched to METAR weather. They're working on fixing it.

10 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Chewwy is testing it

He just admitted to not reading the documentation. "Hasn't had the time."

Puts his stream into same bracket as LondonController, I'm afraid.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

I like the potential of this product. Where can I provide feedback? EG I'm at EGCC (I live not far) and AS has depicted the clouds well, the Metar says light rain/drizzle but there's nothing depicted by AS....

WAT1036.png

Posted (edited)

Nevermind.

Edited by Fiorentoni