7 minutes ago, rob0203 said:

Ehmmm with all respect.... that is quite a statement I own it and understand the gap its filling

Also you can say it is the repetitive comments to people who are critical about the product from people who like it

Nah. It's a lot of the same people saying the same thing, again and again and again...

I've even raised my own points about what ASFS doesn't do – once.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

2 minutes ago, MPL said:

I have used active sky since fsx and with locked out api there is no way that AS achieves same results as before. Maybe there is lot's of us who share the same comment? Each to their own, i guess 😉

I agree, in principal, but we shouldn't compare AS with ASFX or ASP3d - Asobo has locked the door but in many ways ASFS improves the MSFS experience. It all depends on what and how you fly and what you consider important. @Gsalden has built a home cockpit and he likes live weather where he can see the fronts in the distance, so for him, right now, AS doesn't fill the bill.  But many find that AS creates a more realistic experience and  multiple cloud types etc are important to them.

There is not a single computer program today that everyone likes, we all have our preferences. Stating an opinion about what you like is fine.

Main thing is that Damian and HiFi are working very hard to tighten up AS to get us the best we can get under the circumstances - won't please everyone but will please a lot of people.

So let's keep the *constructive* criticism coming and stay courteous - I know for a fact that the discussions here have affected buying decisions in both directions.

• Like 5

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

4 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

Nah. It's a lot of the same people saying the same thing, again and again and again...

I've even raised my own points about what ASFS doesn't do – once.

LOL. I agree BUT let's not forget there are a lot of folks who just read the first few posts and jump to the end to respond. It's the way of forum communications but IMHO a LOT of good info, comments, complaints and suggestions have come forth in this thread and I know for a fact that Damian has listened and adjusted.

So, criticize constructively but do not insult, please. We've got a good thread going, I'd hate to have to shut it down.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

4 hours ago, Noel said:

I'm sure we'll see this giant element addressed in the 2024 release though no one here knows just how well, along with several other weather related elements including cloud layers, better morphology as Asobo accesses serious enhancements in multithreading.  That MS/A has apparently greatly hamstrung the SDK for weather access suggests to me they're far from done with developing this massive component of the sim.  And....I can't help but notice the timing on this release of AS.

Asobo has had 4 years to get it right in MSFS 2020. The odds of them getting it right in MSFS 2024 are virtually zero.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

I agree, in principal, but we shouldn't compare AS with ASFX or ASP3d - Asobo has locked the door but in many ways ASFS improves the MSFS experience. It all depends on what and how you fly and what you consider important. @Gsalden has built a home cockpit and he likes live weather where he can see the fronts in the distance, so for him, right now, AS doesn't fill the bill.  But many find that AS creates a more realistic experience and  multiple cloud types etc are important to them.

There is not a single computer program today that everyone likes, we all have our preferences. Stating an opinion about what you like is fine.

Main thing is that Damian and HiFi are working very hard to tighten up AS to get us the best we can get under the circumstances - won't please everyone but will please a lot of people.

So let's keep the *constructive* criticism coming and stay courteous - I know for a fact that the discussions here have affected buying decisions in both directions.

Actually im sorry for HifiSim not able to fulfil the "almost perfect" Active Sky that it could be if they would be able to use that API. Still hope there would be some "backdoor" available to achieve that 😎

Edited by MPL
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Mikael Leinonen

21 minutes ago, MPL said:

Actually im sorry for HifiSim not able to fulfil the "almost perfect" Active Sky that it could be if they would be able to use that API. Still hope there would be some "backdoor" available to achieve that 😎

Fully appreciate that post.  We can hope, but as said before it is not likely until the end of some agreement.  So time for a Kit Kat bar?  Best!

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

9 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Fully appreciate that post.  We can hope, but as said before it is not likely until the end of some agreement.  So time for a Kit Kat bar?  Best!

giphy.gif

Thank goodness you didn't offer a Twix then we would have had the whole left Twix vs Right Twix debate :unsure:

• Like 2

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

3 minutes ago, psolk said:

Thank goodness you didn't offer a Twix then we would have had the whole left Twix vs Right Twix debate :unsure:

Lets stick with the Kit Kat.  We found agreement.   Appreciate that!

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Just now, fppilot said:

Lets stick with the Kit Kat.  We found agreement.   Appreciate that!

How about a dry Beefeater Martini? Stirred not shaken. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

20 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

How about a dry Beefeater Martini? Stirred not shaken. 

Beefeater?  I believe I am shaken! 
Who are you?  Where are you?  How did you know I was about to put steaks on the grill?
th?id=OIP.Yh3m59U4NFst4IT6C-4hWQHaEe%26p

• Like 1

Frank Patton
ASUS 

Just a wild thought - in a perfect world Asobo would wise up and Hire Damian to fix their weather for 2024 - look what they did with Working Title! 🙂 

• Like 13

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

Just a wild thought - in a perfect world Asobo would wise up and Hire Damian to fix their weather for 2024 - look what they did with Working Title! 🙂 

That is really a great idea, i think, if anyone, he could really do it! I hope that this idea reaches Asobo! No more worries about the api then 😃

Edited by MPL

Mikael Leinonen

1 hour ago, RNAVV19R said:

Asobo has had 4 years to get it right in MSFS 2020. The odds of them getting it right in MSFS 2024 are virtually zero.

Asobo wasn't 'trying to get it right' for 2020 so there really is no way to come up with what the odds are for Asobo making a substantial improvement in many aspects of weather and cloud depiction.  They hyperaware that clouds and weather are on many users' radar, of course.  And it's really entirely up to them to enhance the basic voxel architecture such that new and more distinct cloud morphologies can be created.  No 4th party (presumably Meteoblue is the 3rd party already) can change that which is why AS' 'cirrus' clouds look like this:image.png.88950441ad581bf49a4c9cda0c926635.png

whereas RW cirrus look like this.spacer.png

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X