Wait, I thought there was a boycott/protest over the CSim and their products etc? I don't really pay attention. Though this plane does look good. JayDee and Company would likely mod it if they had it haha

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

Posted (edited)

I've flown some 5000 hours on Herc's and I can safely say that CS's rendition of a hardworking C-130 flight deck is pretty darned good!! Of course there is much more to this aircraft than just the cockpit and as an ex Air Loadmaster, I was a little disappointed there was no interior modelling imagery.  Although their blurb does oddly say under the heading EXTERIOR "Complete cargo cabin with animated ramp and doors", I feel it may not be as well rendered or equipped as the flight deck. If that is the case, it will be unfortunate as the cargo (wheeled and palletised), passenger, medivac and air drop capabilities ie everything behind bulkhead 245* are the aircrafts raison d'être.  I know, it's all about flying the aircraft not using it in its role....or is it? STOL ops with (as some one above said) reverse sounds that make your hairs stand up. Air drop of heavy equipment or Low Altitude Parachute Extraction System (LAPES).    

Anyway, I think the CS model is going to be pretty on the flight deck and around the outside but I suspect:

1. the cargo interior will be a bit spartan,

2. the radar will not work and will only be a simple animation (although I think this is an MSFS issue),

3. a real C130 sound pack including awesome reverse sounds will be entirely missing since they would have highlighted this if it was included,

4. it will be  a C130 systems lite with just what you need to start and fly for normal operations which means this is not study level, and will probably have no emergency simulations or animations such as feathering an individual prop, and finally,

5. The aircraft has a Gas Turbine Compressor or GTC, not an APU, so that doesn't bode well for systems knowledge or depth by the developer. 

Given the above, I wouldn't hold out much hope for the flight model and in reality you just cant do justice to a Herc unless you get a good feel for 100 flap short field landing, reverse thrust to a full stop, tactical offload or Special Forces extraction, back up using reverse thrust down the runway, close ramp and door and then power up for a short field takeoff and obstacle clearance climb. If it feels like a King Air which it probably will then its just a very pretty but strange looking King Air!! IMHO.

Cheers

Terry

Fuselage Station FS 245 is the position of the bulkhead that separates the flight deck from the cargo compartment. Everything happens either in front of it or behind it so '245' is an oft referred to position on the aircraft. 

Edited by Lord Farringdon
  • Like 3

No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.

Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.   

Wait, you mean Captain Sim finally finished the Hercules?  Let's not forget they released an 'exterior model only' last year.  Or was that just an 'early release' version?  LOL!!!

S

reported from C130 fan from another site

- No custom sound set -> default Asobo_KingAir350
- NO tacan support
- cockpit is old really old, to "E" model and NO "H" model as claimed.
- very old radios
- Visual model is great looking as always!
- Very primitive AP

• Like 2

Matt

NT - AUSTRALIA

14 minutes ago, jeansy said:

reported from C130 fan from another site

Thanks for that update Matt.👍

"cockpit is old really old, to "E" model and NO "H" model as claimed."

Shame its not the H which the RNZAF and RAAF (eventually) had. In fact the RNZAF  were the first to receive the H models and although the engines were certainly the upgraded H model, some of the avionics still needed upgrading to the extent that our Ops and Tech manuals referred to E/H model. The Capt Sim rendition looks very familiar from what I recall but then our aircraft were clearly a little hybrid at that point.

'''No custom sound set -> default Asobo_KingAir350" .

Thought so. Very dissappointing. Pity your source didn't mention the flight model which I suspect will also be King Air...ish. 

Cheers

Terry

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.   

7 minutes ago, Lord Farringdon said:

Thanks for that update Matt.👍

"cockpit is old really old, to "E" model and NO "H" model as claimed."

Shame its not the H which the RNZAF and RAAF (eventually) had. In fact the RNZAF  were the first to receive the H models and although the engines were certainly the upgraded H model, some of the avionics still needed upgrading to the extent that our Ops and Tech manuals referred to E/H model. The Capt Sim rendition looks very familiar from what I recall but then our aircraft were clearly a little hybrid at that point.

'''No custom sound set -> default Asobo_KingAir350" .

Thought so. Very dissappointing. Pity your source didn't mention the flight model which I suspect will also be King Air...ish. 

Cheers

Terry

you can track the conversation here

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/135009-Hercules-fans-you-ain-t-gonna-believe-this

• Like 1

Matt

NT - AUSTRALIA

8 minutes ago, jeansy said:

Thanks Matt. May have to sign up and ask a few pertinent questions 😉. Interesting comment that one poster mentioned regarding the primitive AP. Yeah, it was pretty basic but probably my biggest concern was that it would kick out randomly with a pitch up and then it would be hand fly the rest of the way. Of course this gave us a great opportunity to jump in the copilots seat and get some pole time. Back in the day when that was acceptable haha!  The black box would be re moved , sent to avionics and refitted as ground checked serviceable, only for it to happen again. Good thing we had plenty of rotatable AP black boxes!! 

Cheers

Terry

I did buy this, and posted a few pix here -

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/644220-cs-c-130-to-kpbi/

I'm not in any way qualified to comment on most of the points raised here, as I'm only really interested in the visuals, but I like it even if it is a bit overpriced for what it is.

• Like 2

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

I'm inclined to wait for the Milbirdblackviz one, as they mentioned the possibility of releasing an L-100 ( the civilian version of the C-130 ) at the same time. That said, if CS do their penance well, I could be tempted

• Like 1

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

2 hours ago, apollon01 said:

So, has anyone bought it yet?

I have already exceeded my budget this month after buying Taylor Swift's latest album.  Unfortunately, that doesn't have a good sound set either!  :wacko:

• Like 11
  • Upvote 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

I have already exceeded my budget this month after buying Taylor Swift's latest album.  Unfortunately, that doesn't have a good sound set either!  :wacko:

😂

Artur 

1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

have already exceeded my budget this month after buying Taylor Swift's latest album.

I realise I have turned in to one of those splendid old 1960s magistrates in recent years - as in "who are these Beatles?" I have so little contact with what I assume is popular culture these days that I was completely unaware of her until some stuff on the news recently. She may be perfectly splendid, but I'm unlikely to find out now.

• Like 1

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.