Sign in to follow this  
David Mills

April 2024 Asobo Developer Livestream

Regarding 2024 I just wanted to be able to read somewhere that Petrovich talent in flight dynamics for flight simulation is going to be the reason for deep changes to MSFS Fdm... That would turn me into a true believer...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

I laughed out loud in disbelief when is was said about 700 people are working on the project, with 200 on the core team at Asobo. 
Really?  What are that many people producing then? I don't see output from 700 people.

How could you see it when 2024 isn't out yet?

• Like 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

4 minutes ago, Krakin said:

Because I am talking about 2020 and all of the previous (nearly) 4 years.  I accept the team may have grown since.  However, like you, I am looking forward to MSFS2024, to which I am sure, most people are now working on.  :smile:

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

What worries me is that nothing is said or done about the servers used to eliminate the frustrating "insufficient bandwidth" message.

These reports, with what I understand that, at least in my case, are appearing more and more during the hours where, depending on the geographical areas, there are more active users, are a limitation and IMHO, should be taken into greater consideration by professionals considering the importance of graphics in MSFS 2020.

Posted (edited)

The 700 number includes their partners not just people working full time on the sim.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, RobPol471 said:

What worries me is that nothing is said or done about the servers used to eliminate the frustrating "insufficient bandwidth" message.

These reports, with what I understand that, at least in my case, are appearing more and more during the hours where, depending on the geographical areas, there are more active users, are a limitation and IMHO, should be taken into greater consideration by professionals considering the importance of graphics in MSFS 2020.

I have never once seen that message in four years of this game.  

• Like 1

I think there are thousands of addons created by users on flightsim.to. And if you search for "MSFS" on youtube and check the filter box for 1 day, you will probably find about a couple dozen new videos every day. Some of them have maybe only 10 views or so, and they go mostly unnoticed. But they are there.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

What's the betting that SU16 will principally contain the stuff backported from 2024? I have my doubts that we'll ever see SU17 unless it's planned as a final bugfix version.

Give people power to really test their personality.

This level of proactive and engaging attitude is for me THE number one reason MSFS does so very well no doubts.

Watching this kind of streams is music to my ear.

Well deserved 

• Upvote 2

Intel x299 I7 7820  OC @ 4.7 Ghz   Win10 pro 64

Gigabyte gaming 9  Nvidia 1080ti  11GB

Thermaltake level 10 Corsair H1100 h2o cooling

64 GB Corsair Dominator DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz

Ch Rudder,Yoke,&Stick Itra flightboard 2000

5 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

The 700 number includes their partners not just people working full time on the sim.

I love these definitive statements from those who apparently 'know'...what exactly is a partner? and how do you actually know what this 700 figure is supposed to include?

9 hours ago, Krakin said:

Yea that would be a bit like getting excited about the unprecedented 'fact' that 2024 would include only high quality (whatever the f that is) aircraft  when it isnt out yet

Oh the Irony

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Lonesome Cowboy Burt said:

I love these definitive statements from those who apparently 'know'...what exactly is a partner? and how do you actually know what this 700 figure is supposed to include?

I was literally broken down by Jorg in the stream

26 minutes ago, Lonesome Cowboy Burt said:

Yea that would be a bit like getting excited about the unprecedented 'fact' that 2024 would include only high quality (whatever the f that is) aircraft  when it isnt out yet

Oh the Irony

It is a simple matter of working with what is confirmed vs the ton of information we don't know yet. Are you being contrarian for kicks and giggles?

Edited by Krakin
  • Upvote 2

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, F737MAX said:

There's a reason why the more complex details (e.g. Garmin units) are being added to the platform and the expense incurred of creating a digital twin Earth. And it isn't for 'casual gamers' on Xbox.

Speaking of the "digital twin Earth", does anyone remember Microsoft Train Simulator? If MS/Asobo get it right, they can use the baseline MSFS platform for literally anything. There are dozens of "sims" on Steam... Euro Truck Sim and American Truck Sim are pretty huge, but imagine flying FedEx cargo from LAX to ORD, then hopping into an 18-wheeler to pick up the cargo and transport it to a distribution center? Now imagine all the commercial applications for a "digital twin Earth" with a realistic weather and physics outside of transportation simulation. A part of my brain remembers MS having a commercial application from the FSX days that TV stations used for virtual weather forecasts... not sure if that is still a thing, but with increased photogrammetry resolution and the help of AI, they could build the MSFS world into a platform for everything from real estate to government milsims to a full world metaverse that would make Zuckerberg retire.

Edited by Funky D
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Lonesome Cowboy Burt said:

The number I gave came from the dev live stream, I didn't make it up. They said there were around 700 people working on the sim and that around 200 of those are at Asobo,

They didn't define what they meant by partners, but I assume it's the third party groups like WorkingTitle, IniBuilds, Gaya etc that develop things that come with the sim updates, the handcrafted airports and landmarks that come with world updates city updates, plus the famous flyers and local legends aircraft.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 2

None of the update news of 2020 or 2024 means much unless MS servers stay online up there in the clouds spinning straw into graphic gold.

Yay! Great news! (MS income is rising against all expectations). 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/ar-AA1nFC9L

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.