Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

AivlaSoft future now looking brighter.

NEWSFLASH: See my post dated 4 May for latest info.

Urs, the owner of Aivlasoft EFB has announced the end of the product and server access.

https://forum.aivlasoft.com/topic/8704-project-aivlasoft-has-to-be-ceased/

This is one program I’ve used for years and when it eventually becomes unusable it will be a sad day.

• Like 3

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

5 minutes ago, MarkW said:

Ray, I never used this program, however, I wonder if this move is a result of the combination of Simbrief, Navigraph and so many in aircraft EFB's that we see today.

Urs hasn’t given his reasons. I suppose if sales have dwindled that might be a reason. It was a lot cheaper recently than what I paid years ago. Perhaps to lure MSFS users to it.

Or it could just be he’s getting old like the rest of us and wants out. Sadly it doesn’t appear possible for another user to take it over or to release the source code.

I’m unsure what will trigger it unusable. I think it calls home to validate the licence is valid. Perhaps this answers that question… “The activation server is paid until the end of the year.”

So 1 January 2025 would appear to be the date it becomes unusable. But surely that part of the code could be disabled if all other functions work.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

That's unfortunate, but understandable. I use Aivlasoft EFB a lot, but I maintain a subscription to Navigraph (whose Charts I use relatively rarely). Guess I'll be forced to make the switch.

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

Yes, that is sad. I didn't use it a lot but I did use it and it was well behaved. He says 

"For legal reasons, it is unfortunately not possible to offer the products listed above as freeware."

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

The first 'proper' software i bought, years ago. Love it. I will actually, really, miss it 😞

• Like 1

Rob Jones.

I'm also sad to see Aivlasoft EFB having to shut down.  One thing I preferred about Aivlasoft vs Navigraph Charts is that the airport layout would match the sim, including the taxiway labels and runway numbers (even if it was incorrect, but at least it was the same as the sim).

I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and move to Navigraph Charts - the charts would show the correct true picture of the airport, but in the sim there may a missing taxiway here or there I guess?

I run Aivlasoft EFB every flight on a client PC. From seeing my route, multiplayer aircraft etc, it will be a loss as I have been using it for years. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Oh, Oh , bad news, no doubt.

Poor @Bobsk8, it's going to affect him a lot.

Urs hasn’t promised anything but he’s investigating whether the server can continue to run post 31/12/2024.

I would urge anyone who wants this program to continue to be useable to post on their website.

https://forum.aivlasoft.com/topic/8707-a-black-day-project-aivlasoft-has-to-be-ceased/

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

The news left the building yesterday. Page 3  - 

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

1 hour ago, thomasl123 said:

Dear All,

AivlaSoft EFB has left the building.

https://www.aivlasoft.com/index.html#1643tab2

No, not yet they haven’t. Okay you can’t buy EFB any longer but the program remains useable until the server is turned off on 31/12/2024.

But Urs is investigating whether hosting can be taken up by another body. If you cherish this program I would urge you to write on their forum and plead for the server to continue to run.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Posted (edited)

What a shock 😞 

I use this software every flight, and I love how you can just switch to a frequency with a click of a button - very easy to use for vatsim ... 

Any alternative software that has this feature? 

Edited by paulwain

Paul Wain

Ouch, @Bobsk8 , did you know this already...?!

This always is a big fear of mine: one of your favorite addons being dropped... More and more (of not all) addons require some sort of online activity nowadays and this means there may always come a day that you can't use the software anymore. Scary stuff.