Sign in to follow this  
cianpars

Texture Bleed Through

He is right.  This has been really bad for ages and it does seem to be getting worse.  I've not used DX11 for ages and always assumed it was a DX12 issue.  I do notice it more when I am using lower TLODs (with AutoFPS).  As the MSFS team don't seem to have any idea of the cause or how to fix it, would anyone here like to offer their thoughts, opinions and experiences?

• Upvote 1

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Haven't seen it for ages. Not since last year and even then only a handful of times and very briefly. 

• Upvote 2

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

When this problem shows up, the sim is unplayable. It seems to appear anywhere but not every time at the same place. I have noticed that it depends on what height you are flying at. Something that Asobo should fix as a top priority. No use developping eye candy features as long as this issue is not resolved.

• Upvote 1

I see it quite regularly. ☹️

I then use the known work around to go up in drone mode. Or I just try to ignore it. I would love it to get fixed.

cheers,
NiIs U.

AMD 5800X3D | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200MHz | RTX 4070 12GB @ 1920x1050px

I have it all the time in DX12.  Annoying.  Hoping 2024 resolves this along with the multi colored satellite/aerial imagery you get when flying.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I get it all the time too. DX12, so I know that's a known issue. It sure has taken them a really long time...

My thoughts on this are well known.  It's appalling, and after 18 months of many threads and clear examples of the issue from pictures and video, on their own forum, still no progress. :sad:

I am not happy with the way my question on this was answered on the latest Twitch session either, and I am glad Jayne dug her heals in with her own bosses to try to get a better answer, but to no avail

And people wonder why some like me do not see everything from the Asobo stable as sweetness and light. 
Some of us forget that they are simply a business, and they take money; they are not some kind of revered flight sim monks sent for our flight sim salvation.

I don't care about 2024 yet.  We may still have a six month wait.  If they just listened to us and tried to understand the problem, that would be a good start. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

It seems that 2020 was a sort of test bed for 2024.  Let's hope they learned a lot hehe.

I can't wait for some previews.  I want to see those pebbles in the river!

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

3 hours ago, St Mawgan said:

Haven't seen it for ages. Not since last year and even then only a handful of times and very briefly. 

Just checked the airport shown in the video (St Barts I think) and I can't find anything anomalous about the DX12 image either. Does anyone have a sense of the circumstances under which this bleed through might occur? We're almost four years into the life of FS2020 and we have so many add-ons, tweaks, etc., how do we know that it isn't some subtle combination of modifications that drives this phenomenon?

Cheers. 

• Like 2

John Wiesenfeld KPBI | FAA PPL/SEL/IFR in a galaxy long ago and far away | VATSIM PILOT P2

i7-11700K, 32 GB DDR4 3.6 GHz, MSI RTX 3070ti, Dell 4K monitor

I always use DX12 because of Frame Generation and I see this issue on pretty much every flight. 

no hope of it getting solved now, so hopefully there is some new architecture in place for 2024 on how this data is loaded into the game. 

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

I never see it on DX11. I do remember when trying DX12 it happened everywhere. It was so bad that I dunno how people using FG put up with it tbh.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, s0cks said:

I never see it on DX11. I do remember when trying DX12 it happened everywhere. It was so bad that I dunno how people using FG put up with it tbh.

Agreed. If it weren't for frame generation....

From the VC view I don’t see it in DX 12 mode.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

1 hour ago, GSalden said:

From the VC view I don’t see it in DX 12 mode.

Guess that's why I don't see it too, I only use outside views in cruise.

• Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

I have never seen the kind of texture bleed through that can be seen in that video, but I have only been using MSFS since last November. I run in DX11 mode, and the only relevant issues that I have seen are the awful purple and lime green textures on the Isle of Man, and a handful of other occasions where different shade texture tiles appear as I have approached a particular airport (from memory, these were EGGW Luton, EGAA Belfast International, and KSNA John Wayne Orange County). Having said that, I have not see the issue since at EGGW Luton.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png