I see ORBX is now supporting DCS. Looks like P3D is in the bin for future products and updates, they don`t have time.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

They're focused on the sims that have growing - not shrinking - user bases, XP12, MSFS, and DCS. 

There haven't been any updates for P3Dv5 Orbx products in a very long time and I'm not expecting to see any. 

Pete Locascio

Well, their "CEO" stated several months ago that they were working on updating their P3D product line for P3Dv6.

It's either true or it's not, but I can't understand why she would say something like that if ORBX did not intend to eventually get around to it.

Clearly, their priority is MSFS because that's where the money is.

Dave

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

35 minutes ago, dave2013 said:

Well, their "CEO" stated several months ago that they were working on updating their P3D product line for P3Dv6.

It's either true or it's not, but I can't understand why she would say something like that if ORBX did not intend to eventually get around to it.

Clearly, their priority is MSFS because that's where the money is.

Dave

Anyway... it was easy to get all of my ORBX stuff in 6.1... Just skipped Vector because I was told it was useless since v5.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

23 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Anyway... it was easy to get all of my ORBX stuff in 6.1... Just skipped Vector because I was told it was useless since v5.

Exactly.
There are two choices, act, or complain.🙂

• Like 1

On 5/4/2024 at 12:09 PM, jcomm said:

Just skipped Vector because I was told it was useless since v5.

I didn't install Vector either as it's a big resource hog and hinders performance.  However, it does have more accurate Vector data than stock P3Dv5 in many areas.

Dave

• Like 1

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

I find it strange that ORBX says they're not abandoning P3D.  Then we hear they might.  Then they put the V6 entry into central with no products. Then they say they're testing.  And it's been 10 months since V6 was released.  All the while I've been using it via the library install method with no issues except for a small texture alpha issue at dusk.  The company seems to be a bit manic depressive to me. 

• Like 1

I9-9900, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3090 FTW

Or just not interested.

Were ORBX to consider doing installers for V6 and say charge $5 each they would do well.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, dbw1 said:

Were ORBX to consider doing installers for V6 and say charge $5 each they would do well.

To do this you need P3Dv6 users to post on the ORBX forum. More may get the message home.

PS I have already posted that I will not be buying anymore ORBX products till they do some time ago.

Edited by G-RFRY

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

I think the installer, from their point of view, is only part of the problem. Some unknown change in V6 could really mess up their scenery and they don't want to be on the hook for fixing it. I get that.

I can hear it now, "The installer screwed up my scenery!" :biggrin:

57 minutes ago, newtie said:

I can hear it now, "The installer screwed up my scenery!" :biggrin:

They've already received numerous complaints about Central and V6, and now they're disabling v6 recognition!

Very inconsistent behavior
- June 2023: "we won't forget P3D V6 users"...
- October 2023: we're working on Central for V6
- some V6 elements appear but point to "error messages", then disappear in Global, (following user complaints)
- then, latter, V6 is no longer recognized ("we're testing...")

I'm afraid they don't have a clear vision of what to do - and many former executives have resigned...