1 hour ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I got a bit excited there for a bit. Premium voices - for free! Turns out it’s only free to use my own voice then?

It's free to use your own voice (which is PTT). If you select Basic voices, when the ATC controller responds using a Basic voice, that's also free.

What's not free is if you select Premium voices, and the ATC controller responds to you with a Premium voice.

• Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

LOL They made all BATC options so confusing that even those who own and use it don't have a clue how it all works, haha!

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I got a bit excited there for a bit. Premium voices - for free! Turns out it’s only free to use my own voice then?

Yes, LOL, can you imagine they planned to ask money for using your own voice at first...?!?! 😄 Hilarious!

Edited by tup61

Posted (edited)

Today I experienced my first weird BATC flight. I departed from Oslo via a SID as instructed and after the first turn ATC complained that I was off course and directed me to a waypoint near the end of the SID. Then, moments before intercepting the ILS at Copenhagen it vectored me in the other direction, had me fly a 360 degree turn only to bring me back to the same spot, more or less. Also, BATC seems to struggle to understand me when I read back runways and frequencies all of a sudden. That wasn‘t an issue on my first 10 or so flights. It only happened occasionally. Strangely it didn‘t seem to make a difference whether I mumbled (like a real pilot😅) or spoke slowly and clearly. Still a lot of fun, but I hope the next flight will be better. 

Edited by Shack95

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

Posted (edited)

Funny, I just had a perfect flight!

LESA/26 N0279F300 DCT ZMR N733 FORNO FORN1F LEST/35

Everything worked as it should!

Well, apart from being told twice to contact a faulty freq... but luckily the other freqs worked without problems. But initia; vectors, STAR. altitudes,taxi, it all was simply perfect.

It's really cool when it all works out well...

Edited by tup61
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, tup61 said:

Maybe someone should start a database containing all the routes/plans that work perfectly. So if you want a hassle free journey just load one up?
I'm only KINDA joking with this.....people DO like loading up pre-made routes already!

😇

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

27 minutes ago, tup61 said:

Everything worked as it should!

Well, apart from being told twice to contact a faulty freq... but luckily the other freqs worked without problems. But initia; vectors, STAR. altitudes,taxi, it all was simply perfect.

It's really cool when it all works out well...

Glad you finally were able to actually purchase it 😄

• Like 2

6 hours ago, regis9 said:

This could all change of course when it starts talking to traffic, I’ll re-evaluate then.

From my testing I dont see how having traffic active will not become crazy expensive really fast. Those characters are flying by even when I`m solo and switching to basic in cruise. Could be that having premium for the whole flight with traffic will cost you more than a SayIntention sub. I`m preparing for that by using mostly basic.

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Glad you finally were able to actually purchase it 😄

Yeah, it was quite a journey LOL

Revolut did the trick in the end!

Edited by tup61
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Tva said:

From my testing I dont see how having traffic active will not become crazy expensive really fast. Those characters are flying by even when I`m solo and switching to basic in cruise. Could be that having premium for the whole flight with traffic will cost you more than a SayIntention sub. I`m preparing for that by using mostly basic.

You can turn the AI traffic to basic only. So only ATC will "cost" you. But since ATC also talks to the other aircraft, this might indeed get a bit out of hand.

However, we don't know how pricing will change once SI has AI traffic. They also have to pay for the voices for AI traffic and ATC and most likely the 30$ are not enough for this. They will have to pay the same amount to OpenAI for voices as BATC, and since they demand even more from OpenAI (the actual AI logic, i.e. the text, which also has to do this logic to each and every AI aircraft !), their costs have to be much much higher than with BATC. Therefore I either expect them to not introduce AI traffic at all or massively increase their pricing. Since the latter is not an option because people think already it's too much for one (!) aircraft, I assume they will not introduce AI traffic or at least have ATC not talk to it. I can't imagine how this would work out in any other way.

EDIT: I just asked on Discord and Brian said they won't raise the price, but probably do a lot of voice caching instead. So those interactions with AI traffic are not actually sent to ChatGPT, but rather via a conventional system which then uses pre-recorded voices if you will. Maybe BATC can do the same to keep the pricing down to an appropriate amount.

Edited by Fiorentoni
  • Like 2

SayIntentions has some kind of ATC Chatter right now but probabably those are sent to more than one user at once so the costs could be low. Traffic on the other hand would have to be individual to each and every user and adapt dinamically to the situation so that could be a challenge. We will have to wait and see.

Is better to pay a fix anual amount like say intentions, , and now they announced that they will reduce the prices

you can test say intentions program with the one day free trial and compare it with beyondatc

Would be good if you could buy premium voice sets, once owned the characters of owned premium voices would be free. 

Paul

BeQuiet Pure Base 500 FX - MSI Mag Tomahawk B760 - i5 13600k @ 5.1ghz - 32GB RAM - RTX 3060 12GB  -  32f (31.5" ) Full HD Monitor - TCA Officer Pack - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke -  Logitech Multi Panel

57 minutes ago, garlicbread11 said:

Would be good if you could buy premium voice sets, once owned the characters of owned premium voices would be free. 

This would be nice, but AIUI the whole reason you pay "per character" today is because BeyondATC has to pay an external service provider money for each individual transmission that they ask that service provider to generate with a premium voice.

If a premium voice was "pay once", then BeyondATC would receive only that one payment but have ongoing costs for generating that voice, and that appears not to be sustainable for them.