Sign in to follow this  
vodka69

LatinVFR A340

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

Astonishing how many people are buying this (not only here, but also on FSElite, Cruiselevel etc.) hoping for better than the previous 5 or so A3xx that were released by LatinVFR, and then end up being disappointed again.

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein.

Hey people can spend money on whatever they wan't that is their right but you can't buy Bologna and turn it into Steak when the Bologna factory can't do better. Bad analogy but it is a point taken. This product is a default A320 disguise as a A340. What I REALLY don't like is that people will spend 30$ or more on this and expect or hope the free community to mod this thing that's really word not allowed up.

Edited by JBDB-MD80

16 minutes ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

Hey people can spend money on whatever they wan't that is their right but you can't buy Bologna and turn it into Steak when the Bologna factory can't do better. Bad analogy but it is a point taken. This product is a default A320 disguise as a A340. What I REALLY don't like is that people will spend 30$ or more on this and expect or hope the free community to mod this thing that's really word not allowed up.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

But where does it sit in the scheme of A340-300 FS addons?

Black box / PSS

Feelthere / wilco

xworks

Is it good enough to switch to MSFS now for A343 flights? (The bar is low, though at least Xworks is free!)

Streaming at twitch.tv/brynmwr

Posted (edited)

This was my first plane that I purchase from LatinVFR and the chances are it will be my last.

The cockpit textures are just abismal,Toliss planes have actually better textures,this A340 textures it’s not for MFS standard by any means.

Trying to flare this plane is a nightmare,the moment the AP gets disconnected the plane is to sensitive and then just floats down the runway then just plumbs to the runway. It’s just a complete dogs breakfast.

I would have more respect for the developer if he was to say this thing was in Early Acess then releasing it not even half baked!

Edited by RC36

Typical LVFR…. I’ll say it until I’m blue in the face, their sceneries weren’t stellar, but that’s what they should’ve stuck with.

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Keirtt said:

Typical LVFR…. I’ll say it until I’m blue in the face, their sceneries weren’t stellar, but that’s what they should’ve stuck with.

I usually don't comment in threads like this but LVFR left the scenery scene to move on to the development aircraft model scene to make money off the XBOX folks that will buy anything. No more comments here from me but that is the truth.

If people wan't to spend their money on addons buy the Black Square Duke and get what you pay for and do some G.A. flying.

Edited by JBDB-MD80
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

Astonishing how many people are buying this (not only here, but also on FSElite, Cruiselevel etc.) hoping for better than the previous 5 or so A3xx that were released by LatinVFR, and then end up being disappointed again.

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein.

Didn't buy a single one of them. Didn't have high expectations, but did think it'd be better than it is. Call me insane if you like.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Posted (edited)

The add-on requires 11.17GB of storage space and is available on the in-sim Marketplace for approximately $29.49.

All 11GBs worth of what exactly?

The texture quality and polygons looks as a default P3D plane🤣

LatinVFR Releases Airbus A340-300 for MSFS - Threshold

Edited by blueshark747

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

50 minutes ago, blueshark747 said:

The add-on requires 11.17GB of storage space and is available on the in-sim Marketplace for approximately $29.49.

I don't get it. After reading this 2-page post that's pretty much saying that this is a subpar product, a default aircraft that LVFR is collecting $$ for, and you still pay for it. Stop your complaining!!!

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

17 hours ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

If people wan't to spend their money on addons buy the Black Square Duke and get what you pay for and do some G.A. flying.

Maybe, just maybe....they want an A340? Have you thought about that?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, blueshark747 said:

We get accused of lots of things, but I just wanted to clarify a bit about this thing about 'size of the file' and the 'quality'.

There are 32 liveries and on the main texture folder (not the ones with liveries) there are 407 texture files. A very recent Airbus from a very revered company had less than half the amount of textures, yet no one has ever said anything about their quality (which they shouldn't), also the best airbus addon on the market has only around 300 or less textures. The reason their file is huge is because they don't have to worry about xbox.

Reason the size is optimization for XBOX. We can't have many 4096 or 8192 textures because of performance issues on XBOX, so many textures needed to be (painfully) revised down to 2048. Also on the model, less polys.

There are many situations involved into putting a plane into xbox, and if you may have noticed not many airliners in xbox have modeled cabin, the reason is the same, performance. Yes some walls and other parts on the A340 look like they need more detail, but its a very complex thing to do so that when its on XBOX no one can use it.

Despite our attempts to optimize, there are people still with some issues, particuarly on XBOX S.

I heard from a youtuber that said that we were better off not doing cabins and just doing a window. Well its our choice and we prefer to have something instead of nothing.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

So…I bought the plane as I’m retired and collecting FS Aircraft is my only real hobby.  That said overall I find this offering a bucket of “meh” with my biggest disappointment being the fact you can choose between LBS/KGS in the EFB but I can find no way to do the same in the MCDU meaning my fuels and weights are Greek to me (pun intended).

Anyone know how to establish LBS measures in the MCDU?  TIA,

-B

Edited by btacon

Does the. Fmc now allow for sids, stars, lnav, vnav, wx radar, rnav approach’s etc? Thanks.

Yes SIDS/STARS.  LNAV YES. VNAV not quite sure yet. RNAV No, at least that’s what I read on LVFR forum -B

• Upvote 1

On 5/12/2024 at 12:30 PM, Bigmack said:

this is a subpar product, a default aircraft that LVFR is collecting $$ for

You've just explained everything you supposedly don't understand somehow....🙃🤣

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2