Sign in to follow this  
vodka69

LatinVFR A340

On 5/16/2024 at 5:54 AM, CaptBillyBob said:

41:00 . The aircraft is climbing with nose level. Should be around 5 degrees. 

I suspect this an anomaly arising from the Tuber removing some 50000kg of fuel in a couple of fell movements of the fuel sliders 20 seconds earlier. I doubt the sim is programmed to deal with this sudden and unrealistic weight reduction mid-flight.

Cheers

Terry

• Like 1

No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.

Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.   

Well this is better than we got in FSX / P3D at the same price point.  Whether people think it is garbage or not, or if they purchase it or not, you have to take price into account.
LVFR will also produce plenty of updates as they go, and you never know, they may even work with the modders again after a time.
I think they have avoided the modders to start with because people commented that they shouldn't need third party modders to add finishing touches to payware.  However, whether this is right or not, I see mods for other payware aircraft on FS.TO.

It doesn't matter anyway.  Whatever people think of it, it will sell - plenty will buy it.  I wouldn't put it anywhere near the category of Bredok.  :smile:  Let's give them time and see what they do with it.

• Like 3

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

On 5/17/2024 at 9:14 AM, bobcat999 said:

Well this is better than we got in FSX / P3D at the same price point

Not sure about the price point: I paid $50 in 2020 for the Blackbox widebodies (I wanted an A330-200 and an A340 a lot). While the VC was horrible, the 2D panel could make up for this (I still miss 2D panels in MSFS).

What matters more: is the LVFR A340 actually better than thee BBS one, regarding systems and flight dynamics? It's clear the LVFR one is a lot better regarding visuals.

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON) Ryzen 7 5700X3D (with SMT off and CO -50 mV), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), ID-Cooling SE-224-XTS air cooler, Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

On 5/17/2024 at 7:10 AM, Lord Farringdon said:

I suspect this an anomaly arising from the Tuber removing some 50000kg of fuel in a couple of fell movements of the fuel sliders 20 seconds earlier. I doubt the sim is programmed to deal with this sudden and unrealistic weight reduction mid-flight.

Cheers

Terry

Have a look at the standby attitude indicator before changing fuel. Pretty much level. 

Tony Fontaine

On 5/18/2024 at 10:22 AM, Luis Hernandez said:

Not sure about the price point: I paid $50 in 2020 for the Blackbox widebodies (I wanted an A330-200 and an A340 a lot). While the VC was horrible, the 2D panel could make up for this (I still miss 2D panels in MSFS).

What matters more: is the LVFR A340 actually better than thee BBS one, regarding systems and flight dynamics? It's clear the LVFR one is a lot better regarding visuals.

I made that mistake in P3D too. Looks like the LVFR is similar level with different but same scale bugs with basic navigation etc. 

An update dropped in Marketplace today for the a340-300.  I’m on their forum trying to obtain a change log. I’m also flying it right now and it seems better over what I remembered.

-B

4 hours ago, btacon said:

An update dropped in Marketplace today for the a340-300.  I’m on their forum trying to obtain a change log. I’m also flying it right now and it seems better over what I remembered.

-B

When you have a moment would you post a quick overview of the latest update? Thanks.

Does it no do an RNAV approach (w/LNAV)?