Reading all the threads about BATC and SI and overseeing the last couple of weeks of me using FSHud in combination with FSLTL and enjoying it: I just like it, I can't help it.

Thats's all. As you were.

Digger.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Yep.  The one ATC that actually both controls and interacts with traffic?!  A masterstroke, slipping under the radar with all the hype surrounding these voice activated ATCs. 

I just wish it performed a bit better.  I can only use 5 active and 15 parked aircraft on a reasonable system before I get stutters.  And also when I select the window my flight sim goes out of focus and I lose Frame Gen, causing a stutter.  Great add on though. 

• Upvote 1

Good for you. FSLTL is great, but I haven't used FSHud in months. To each their own. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I used FSHud since its early days and it filled the gap until the next generation of ATC programs came along. Even though BATC is in early access and traffic is not yet implemented, I have moved to that instead of FSHud. So much of what FSHud promised like better voices and voice control, they just haven't been able to deliver.

Nevertheless, it's great that we have so many choice now!

• Like 1

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

In fshud version 1.4 they will add the possibility to use cereproc and ivona voices

I do use both FSHUD and BATC. Each have their uses cases for me, and having this competition will help both products become better.

• Like 2

I'll chime in as well that FSHUD has improved greatly!

If you guys didn't know, FSHUD also now has a discord for anyone interested.

https://discord.gg/p5uDeGu7

• Like 1

Clinton Royston Fernandes.

Vabb-Mumbai India.

44 minutes ago, motishow said:

In fshud version 1.4 they will add the possibility to use cereproc and ivona voices

$30+ per voice, not for me. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

2 hours ago, Langeveldt said:

Yep.  The one ATC that actually both controls and interacts with traffic?!  A masterstroke, slipping under the radar with all the hype surrounding these voice activated ATCs. 

Yes. There is just no "Wow!-effect with FSHud as it is with BATC or SI. People hear a few snippets of the voice interaction with BATC or SI and easily go "Wow - these voices sound so realistic". 

FSHud on the other hand:

You get ready for pushback and already hear other aircraft being cleared to taxi to the runway and you see them start moving. You get to a taxiway crossing with another aircraft taxiing towards the crossing on the other taxiway. You are told to hold position for the other aircraft to pass through. During taxi to the runway you already monitor tower and hear other aircraft check-in on final approach and you know you will have to hold for a while at the holding position for them. You get takeoff clearance and while you are doing your checklist you hear another aircraft being cleared to land on the same runway so you know you better get going so that he won't have to go-around for you. On departure you see an aircraft in front of you fly the same departure route. You know why you don't get clearance for further climb yet.

On arrival you see other aircraft lining up for the centerline on your TCAS display and you hear the corresponding vectoring on the radio. You can already expect that you will be next to be vectored accordingly into the traffic flow. Shortly after you got your landing clearance you hear another aircraft cleared to land on the parallel runway and you see it abeam slightly behind you when you look out of the window. After you have landed you are told to hold short of the parallel runway for that other aircraft to rollout - as you expected.

All that creates such an immersive ATC environment I never experienced before in any flightsim.  It just can't be shown off in a short video - you have to experience it yourself to appreciate it. I could never go back to an addon that only gives commands to the user as if the user would be in another universe than all other aircraft. 

And regarding the voice recognition: it would be a nice feature to have but most of the time I would still prefer to have the auto-copilot handle the radio for me. After all it is unrealistic to fly the aircraft and talk to ATC at the same time, at least in an airliner. That is the job of the pilot monitoring; and the auto-copilot feature of FSHud simulates that well.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

$30+ per voice, not for me. 

i have the ivonna voices , bcs i used it in the past with pilot2atc

Ivona voices are much better, but they still sound like TTS voices unfortunately. No comparison to premium AI voices. After experiencing those in BATC going back to TTS feels like going back from MSFS to P3D. A bit hyperbole, I know, but that's how it feels for me.

56 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Ivona voices are much better, but they still sound like TTS voices unfortunately. No comparison to premium AI voices. After experiencing those in BATC going back to TTS feels like going back from MSFS to P3D. A bit hyperbole, I know, but that's how it feels for me.

Premium BATC voices are a waste of money, , if you wanna use premium voices in all your flights, use  sayintentions (300 euros for one year) and you will have better voices plus more languages than premium BATC  ones and a closed price for one year. With BATC you never knows how much money will pay during all year 

• Like 1

do you want nice voices or a program that controls all traffic, vectors and reduce speeds to have correct separation...FSHUD any day for me.

I will just put it here - it's not FSHud or any other ATC program, just default Windows AI called copilot (nothing common with aviation or MSFS):

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Shrek1970 said:

do you want nice voices or a program that controls all traffic, vectors and reduce speeds to have correct separation...FSHUD any day for me.

Why not both? Plus voice interaction. As close to real life / Vatsim as possible it the goal.