Sign in to follow this  
NetNinja

My Disappointment with FSX 11!!!!!!!

Sung to the tune of a popular 'jingle' this time of year. (quietly so you don't scare the kids).FSX, SP1, Accelaration pack,Not much fun, then SP2, another piece of crap,OhhhHelp is near, I've heard them say, w'ere going to rock'n'roll,Santa's bringing Crysis and Elevens gone console!Noooooo!Three Pee Dee's, Microsoft and Phil and all your elves,We love your work and know it hurts, when someone sez it smells,BuuuuttFSX, is the best, now we want Eleven,Have a Merry Xmas, and THANKS for flight sim heaven!:-waveTerry

No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.

Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.   

Guest ccartmel

This has made my day :) I have decided to wait for the promised FSXI version ported to an iPod. I expect 1 fpw.Merry Christmas to allCharlie

There's no way I'm going to upgrade to FS 11!!!I have too much money invested in FSX addonsI'm going back to FSX. It runs perfectly on my 16-cores Nehalem, that you can find very cheap these days.Well, at least we are already covered on this one :)

>There's no way I'm going to upgrade to FS 11!!!>>I have too much money invested in FSX addonsI guess you should have waited buying that Ariane 737 and the CS 130FSX! :-) MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!Pete S.

Pete S.

10th gen CPU I7-10700K, MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge MB, RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB-DDR4 3600, 

2X 1TB Sabrent Rocket Q M.2 Nvme SSD. Enermax RGB CPU Liquid Cooler.(Still waiting on Evga RTX 3080 Video)

Hi David,Yes well you did offer it to 'Geofa' and I thought maybe there wasn't enough flea's on here ;-)It's something I always wanted David but was too shy to ask:-)Merry Christmas to you as well. Don't send in the lawyers, in the UK we live on the bread line mate :-)

Dave Taylor gb.png

:-lol :-lol :-lol Bad boy!!!

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

:--)Dave,You're a lucky guy, you have a nice name!!:-beerchug

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

This discussion, although useful, is avoiding the reality that developing addon scenery and aircraft is much more important than flying in the sim. Critical to that is the interoperability and functional extensions of the new FS11 SDK, and I have some concerns. In the beta version, I'm finding in the documentation that the holographic mouseovers have a little too much chartreuse. The 5dsmax telepathic animation/transparency/texturing tool is prone to interference and distortion: I can no longer watch Bugs Bunny when designing. On the plus side, we all understood the loss of backwards compatibility, and it's heartening to see this philosophy extended: during the beta cycle, it's been decided to drop forward compatibility as well.Finally, the elimination of the NDA requirements of beta testers has vastly increased the amount of feedback, speculation and premature ranting on Aces blogs and the forums. MS responded quickly with the recent duodecacloning of Phil Taylor which, although disturbing to his family, allows simmers to focus on what's important: talking about the sim rather than flying, thus taking the pressure off addon developers and eliminating the need for computer upgrades. I'm sure the recent bankruptcy of HP, Dell and several other hardware vendors is unrelated.Jon

What fun this forum thread is... you guys should do this more often! :-lol :-lol :-lol Merry xMS and a happy nYEAR! ;-) GaryGB

What? True life holographic 3D VCs and still no 2D panels. Geez, ACES heads must have been you know where. I'm so sticking with FS9.Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

I think the only solution for all of the problems in FS11 is if people just realize that the closed source model doesn't work. I think all the 3PD's should open their up their source code. Now, just because all of their products are open source doesn't mean they won't get paid. People will still pay for all the stuff they can download for free! Really! And if nothing else, all of the 3PD's can just hang out on Avsim and do tricks for a dollar. Like, "The report this post trick". Just watch! Who wants a dollar?

Oh Yeah. From this day forth every time I mention the travesty that is FS11 I shall make a clever and artistic statement by referring to M$ as Microsoft.