Sign in to follow this  
Manny

Do you have Mega scenery X Hawaii?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

This is incredible. I can only imagine if multiple people worked on doing the whole island in this way. Thank you for this.

That does look nice, but I refuse to buy another product from Megascenery after I found out they don't support their products at all.

Yeah - hmmmmmm!Well, I for one DO have Megascenery Hawaii.Granted, I do like it - mostly. However, it is totally screwed up on MY configuration when I try to use Acceleration/SP2. So, I choose to go without Accel/SP2 and know I have wasted $30 on something I can't use as long as those people DO NOT WANT to support their product! I will NEVER purchase anything else from Megascenery, and I surely will warn everyone else about their total non-support of their products!! 1. Find a RECENT reply by them to ANY of the posts on their so-called "support" forum!2. Take a look at all the posts there - there are TONS of problems, especially since SP2 came out!Some problems to which they responded way back in July or so LAST YEAR (long past their last patch) even made admission to "bleed through" of photoscenery due to using 10m mesh and how they had to MAKE A PATCH like they had done in the past to So. Cal. 3. Your opinion is just that - yours!Definitely NOT mine nor lots of others out there who NEVER get any response from aerosoft.au developers/support!Sorry, but I totally disagree with you - my perrogative of course, but I'm quite sure I am not alone!

>>3. Your opinion is just that - yours!>Definitely NOT mine nor lots of others out there who NEVER get>any response from aerosoft.au developers/support!>Sorry, but I totally disagree with you - my perrogative of>course, but I'm quite sure I am not alone!Well, it's also my opinion :-wave I've got no problems with MegaScenery Hawaii and Acc/SP2.Ulf BEdited: But after having a look at the support forum, you seem to be right. No active support.

Do you also have the FSX 10m mesh by Raimondo Taburet for Hawaii?Just curious, 'cause all I have for the base is Megascenery Hawaii, plus the 10m mesh.Oh, and now Manny's FABULOUS add-on - boy what a job he has done!It works fine without SP2 also.But, seems no one with SP2 is having any problems with his add-on either.I do have some add-on stuff for PHNL and for Waikiki. However, with or without the PHNL airport scenery, I still get the photoscenery bleeding through runways, taxiways & some other scenery areas at not only PHNL, but at various Oahu large & small airports - including Dillingham!I had no problems before, until I installed Accel/SP2.Uninstalling SP2 fixed it - so cannot run SP2 w/Megas. Hawaii - period.And, seems like people w/So. Cal. Megas. also have the same probs!Plus - NO SUPPORT on their SUPPORT forum (which is the ONLY place to seek support for their software!Yeah, I'm mad.But, I just won't buy anything else from them.

Hi,>Do you also have the FSX 10m mesh by Raimondo Taburet for>Hawaii?No. I'm using FSGenesis USA Mesch for FSX. No problems with runways and Dillingham works ok.Ulf B

gaosys, I don't have experience with Megascenery support, but their documentation gives an email adddress: support@megascenery.com. Did you try this?Jon

With Ray's 10m, Genesis or Global 2007 meshes I have no problem at all with runways and the scenery works ok.Acceleration didn't change anything.Maybe the thing to do is installing first Hawaii and then Accel?Manny, sorry if we are invading your post with this issue.Just another opportunity to thank you for your nice scenery :--)

Yup!No replies.This goes back to early-Dec.One poster with the same problem as mine actually lives in Australia.He even called their offices, just got voice mail, they never responded.The only email address that replied to me was Robert Ferraro at pcaviator, which is where I purchased the software and lots of other software as well - plus I am a charter subscriber to their magazine "Computer Pilot". A great publication by the way.This is the reply I got from him (info@pcaviator.com) on 12/10/07:---------------------------------------Glen - megascenery support e-mail is support@megascenery.com . I am not surewhere you found support@pcaviator.com.au. All e-mails to support@megasceneryare received and replied to.Robert FerraroPC Aviator Inc.www.pcaviator.com----------------------------------------------So, I emailed him back a few days later with this message:-----------------------------------------------Robert, I did appreciate your reply, but it has done no good either.You stated:All e-mails to support@megascenery.comare received and replied to.Well, that's where I sent it.Also, I got that original email address from an old email I had received a long time ago.I also have sent emails to other old addresses (dean@pcaviator.com.au and dbielanowski@optushome.com.au) without getting any response.I sent an email to the email address you mentioned on Monday. I still have not received a response, not even a "canned" autoresponder!I also posted again my frustration on the Megascenery Support Forum, under "Technical Issues FSX".------------------------------------------------Subsequently I got a reply from him (12/14/07) that stated:-------------------------------------------------Glen

David, I am sorry for probably being the one responsible for corrupting Manny's post.I truly apologize to all, especially to Manny.What a fab job he did (even if he is also a Texan like me)!I was one of the very fortunate ones to be involved in beta-testing his progression on this software. So, Manny, if you read this - my apologies.And this is my last post on this subject -I'm outa here y'all!

Roger that, I understand your frustration. All the best in getting your issues resolved.Meantime, back on topic, Manny, I downloaded your goodies and tried it out. What a great addition!Jon

Thanks everyone for your kind words. I appreciate it very much.Based on all the positive feedback... I am thinking of doing Kaneohe Bay area. It may not be as big as this one..but I like landing in that airport. So thats my next target...for now.I only wish I knew how to do custom runway textures. If anyone knows how and is interested it doing that, that would be awesome! Please let me know. I am also hunting for good freeware objects (other than the autogens).Manny

>>Based on all the positive feedback... I am thinking of doing >Kaneohe Bay area. It may not be as big as this one..but I>like landing in that airport. So thats my next target...for>now.>Hi Manny,I'm looking forward to see the Kaneohe Bay.Keep up the good work.You can download Waikiki scenery that work with Mega Hawaii FSX ( they have Vegas too) from this site:http://fs-x.world.coocan.jp/index.htmNote: cancel language packJimmy

I hadn't really flown Megascenery Hawaii since getting my new machine-but after flying it last night-especially with these scenery add ons, I don't think there is any better "reality" experience in flight sim. I can't wait till a whole world looks like this. Thanks again Manny-and look forward to future work.http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/1b5baf...b9f427f694g.jpgMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

Thanks Geof. Thats a great compliment. I appreciate it very much!:)Manny