Sign in to follow this  
PhilTaylor

Cielosim Chatter!

Saw this on the front page, and unless I'm missing something, this can be done already. In fact, I do it sometimes when I'm not using FS ATC. Just select a tower, center or other ATC from liveatc.net, or a downloaded file, then just play it in the background with Windows Media player. Unless this app does something else, that I'm not seeing, I don't see the need for it.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guest ledzzepplin

I do the same. I just let center run in the background. Gives the sim a little more realism hearing real chatter in my opinion. Not sure I understand the point of this software either.

Hellohow about being able to switch between Ground, Tower, Departure, Approach ect using your Com2 radio, might just give you even more realism :-)Or being able to save feeds as favorites and recall them at any time.Maybe i am missing the point and being tuned to one center for the whole flight is really more realistic.

Except for selecting it via the Com2 panel (Which you have to presetup) I can do this now just by, for live feeds, selecting the new feed I want, or for downloaded feeds, load them in my playlist in media player and just select which one I want.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

Guest fsxmissionguy

It's even worse than you think. From the "how it works" page:"In order for Live ATC to play ATC audio, you must have ATC streams or Mp3/Wave sound files which can be downloaded freely from many websites on the internet. After they have been downloaded, you add them to Live ATC."So, let me get this straight. I have to download this audio from the internet myself, so Cielosim Chatter can play it back to me "from within the sim."Am I missing something here?

They can't legally do direct links to the audio streams. The web site says it's a 'no-no'.Soo... I'm not sure what you're really paying for.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

helloIf you are located in europe then $19.95 is ridiculously cheap

>hello>If you are located in europe then $19.95 is ridiculously>cheapEnjoy the exchange rate while you can, As economists expected it looks like the Euro is starting to lose ground against the dollar. Not by anything the US is doing, just that the recession is starting to effect Europe as well, and your just heading down to our (US) level, especially if oil prices keep climbing!!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

I thought the same thing. Seems like I can spend 19.99 on other stuff for FS. I just use ATC.net on my laptop, while the main pc is flying. I can change to any one that I want, Free.Jerry

Guest Teddie

I almost bought this because I thought the software itself provides the streams.Then after looking further into it I realized that there are free streams available out there.I never knew this... Doh!I flew my flight last night with while streaming Oakland in Winamp for the first time... I like how the Oakland stream has commercial on the left channel and GA on the right.

Guest bjablonka

I made the mistake and bought it. I thought that the software allows you to listen to live ATC at the airport you are presently in. I didn't know I had to download a stream. What a waste.

HelloWho said i am using the EURO, there are lots more currencies than just the EURO over here.