Sign in to follow this  
Guest Astradan

Which one of Eaglesoft's business jet a/cs should I choose to...

...get the one of them that is most fun flying and with the best graphic detail both for the exterior but most important the virtual cockpit?Asked a similar question some time ago and received lots of great input, however when posting that my first priority was accurate systems and a realistic FMC etc and learned that best thing to do is sit back and wait for the Citation X 2.0So what I want now is just a fun a/c to play with while I wait for the Citation X 2.0 :)TIA for your input guys!

Richard Åsberg

I personnaly prefer the ES CJ1. It's not as fast as the swept wing jets, but can operate out of shorter fields. The CJ1 is one of the few aircraft I fly IFR from the virtual cockpit - gauge response is excellent. The general performance is quite good and fps is not a problem on my mid-level system. There's not a lot of complex systems but I find it much more satisfying to fly than the default aircraft.Dale

Dale

I use the ES Citation II as regular as clockwork. I fly totally from the VC. This aircraft doesn't use an FMC, it has a GPS which moves things along faster during flight preparation. It cruises at about 400KTS at FL26-28 and I like the voice of the co-pilot giving me reminders. There are plenty of skins available as well. I found the inclusion of the Sandel Nav gauge extremely useful.The only issue I have with this aircraft is that the IAS Capture/Hold is inoperative which is a shame but certainly not a showstopper.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

Thanks for the input guys!Come to remember now after scanning through some old threads that the FMS addon package for the CJ1 was close to BETA so I will check with ES how's that going - a further improved CJ1 with a FMS included would be nice while waiting for the Citation X 2.0 :)

Richard Åsberg

I'd second the ES Cit II vote.The missing IAS hold is as per the real thing. Needs more work as a result - you have to be prepared to back off throttle as you level out at T/C or during descent, or you'll fall apart with air frame problems. But that's a bonus, if you're in the mood to actually fly a plane, rather than let the AP do it.Framerates are as good or better than defaults. External model shiny and pretty, love it.Textures on the VC could be more detailed, but are plenty visible and see the last para - smooth as silk.Support at ES' webby is first class.Price good too. No regrets here.

Paul Skol

Guest Pro-Sim

I think Yellowjack was referring to the missing IAS Hold, as in the autopilot pitch mode (used on the aircraft when climbing, as opposed to VS). This is on the real CII but missing from the ES model.Most of the ES biz jets are excellent, you can't go wrong with any of them.The CJ1 is a sweet little plane with fab flight dynamics. Easy to operate. The CII has a stunning VC, amazing gauges and gorgous model.The Hawker is stunning but heavier of FPS than the others.The Citation X 1.0 is old now and shows it in some ways. The Citation X 2.0 will be MEGA!D.

I kind of like the look and layout of the v/c in the Beechjet when I've been comparing the screenshots on the ES's site, to me it looks less "painted" than the others and looks to have more depth - would you agree or maybe it's the screenshots that don't do the other v/c justice?Also one thing I quite don't understand, when looking at the Beechjet it says "Includes Beechjet 400A and Raytheon Hawker 400XP" - does that mean I will get two different models and if yes...what's the difference between them?Thanks for the heads-up on the FPS but I hope my computer will be able to handle it since I fly the Level-D 767 with no performance issues.

Richard Åsberg

>>I think Yellowjack was referring to the missing IAS Hold, as>in the autopilot pitch mode (used on the aircraft when>climbing, as opposed to VS). This is on the real CII but>missing from the ES model.>Not according to the Dev - IAS Hold omitted deliberately from the FSX version, (was in on the FS9 one) for realism.

Paul Skol

>Also one thing I quite don't understand, when looking at the>Beechjet it says "Includes Beechjet 400A and Raytheon Hawker>400XP" - does that mean I will get two different models and if>yes...what's the difference between them?Yes, there are two separate models. The major visual difference is that the Hawker 400XP has two less windows in the pax cabin. There are of course, some other differences, but they aren't visually apparent... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

>Also one thing I quite don't understand, when looking at the>Beechjet it says "Includes Beechjet 400A and Raytheon Hawker>400XP" - does that mean I will get two different models and if>yes...what's the difference between them?FYI: Back when we built the Beechjet 400A there was only one model to build. Near the end of our production Raytheon decided to remove the aftmost side windows and rename the aircraft to Hawker 400XP. It only makes sense for us to provide both models in one package since the Beechjet 400A ceased production:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Thanks alot for the info guys!Maybe this is a stupid question to the ones who sell the addon ;) but do you think the Beechjet/Hawker would be a good choice for a business jet while waiting for the updated version of the CJ1 and then the CXII?Again what I'm most interested in right now is an a/c that is fun to fly with a high quality v/c - not sure which one of your current available business jets for FSX would suite what I'm after best?

Richard Åsberg

Well, as someone who purchased the Hawker not too long ago (for basically the same reasons as you just explained), I can say, yes, for me, it was worth it. I really like the VC cockpit and the Collins package is very nice indeed.You won't get the frame rates of a dedicated FSX model, but I was aware of that going in, and am not sorry I picked it up.It also has very nice range, and performance very close to the CX.

About the frame rates, I won't get less than I do with the Level-D 767 will I?I've have been pending between waiting for the updated CJ1 or pick up some other a/c while I wait for it and I must say I'm not really sure what to do because I would really like a new a/c to enjoy now when I have some time off during the summer but on the other hand it feels a bit so-so buying an a/c that is not very up-to-date when I know there will be one any time soon...just wish I knew if it will be in a couple of days, weeks or months ... and yeah, yeah ... I know Ron & Co - you won't say anything until it's finished ;)

Richard Åsberg

The CJ1+ Citationjet w/Full FMS will be a replacemnt for the current Standard CJ1 as it is being phased out. We are giving some consideration to including the current Standard CJ1 as a bonus in the same package as the CJ1+ Citationjet w/Full FMS.Best of both worlds (simple and complex together) if you will:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Thanks Ron, sounds very good but what I really would like to know if when it will be available...if we're talking about days, weeks or months ;)If I knew it's very near release maybe I decide to wait for it but if it's still weeks or months from release I think I will go for one of the already available a/cs.

Richard Åsberg