Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

707 "Heritage" Flight from Bellingham to Portland

Featured Replies

I picked up the 707 today from the marketplace for an incredible 9.99 USD (it's 14.99 if you don't own the Premium Deluxe). This massive upgrade (I'd call it a totally new addon) is free if you bought the not-so-good- version last year.

I'll admit I started on the runway cause I wasn't sure how to get her up and running. Thankfully the Virtual FE took care of many of the engine settings and bugged airspeeds when I needed them. I was able to get the AP working as well. I flew KBLI SEA HELNS6 KPDX and ended with an ILS 28R. I used the UNS version (it's very similar to the Falcon 50's GNS-XLS that I'm mostly familiar with already). But the CIVA INS is literally the gem of this aircraft, coded by the Wizards at Working Title. There's also a GNS530W option.

I plan to read the 200+ page manual eventually and do a full cold and dark flight!

For now, enjoy the pics plus a few extras I wanted to capture.

707

7072

The artwork is done by iniBuilds - quite beautiful. It didn't look that great on the preview video today but when I purchased and looked for myself it was a different story!

7073

This is a pretty short flight at 16000 (I didn't want to go so high so people would miss the views from the earth!)

7074

The majestic Olympic range to our west... this thing is FAST too. at 16k vne was upwards of 360 kias!

7075

A very vintage HSI not exactly sure what's its called. I would have liked a regular HSI myself but this is still really cool

7076

Passing Mt St Helens inbound to BTG - lots of useful information on the EFB

7077

I did a "self vectored" ILS 28R... you really want to slow down earlier than you think... the plane is a whale haha

7078

7079

70710

It honestly hand flies quite nicely... and the AOA indicator keeps it pretty simple

70711

70712

We'll taxi to an FBO hehe

70715

70716

Many many of these things work... I was shocked!

70718

Glorious night lighting

70717

Overhead for days...

70721

Excellent cockpit surrounds

70722

Working radar as well

70724

I really liked this nacelle closeup! You should be able to click on all of these to see the original 1440p resolution

70726

| My Liveries | FAA ZMP | PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 64GB 6000 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

 

 

37 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

A very vintage HSI not exactly sure what's its called. I would have liked a regular HSI myself but this is still really cool

I believe it’s a Bendix flight path deviation indicator.

I bought an old 1968 hardback book from an aviation museum recently entitled “Airline instrument flying” so this is right up my alley

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

1 hour ago, ryanbatc said:

I picked up the 707 today from the marketplace for an incredible 9.99 USD (it's 14.99 if you don't own the Premium Deluxe). This massive upgrade (I'd call it a totally new addon) is free if you bought the not-so-good- version last year.

I'll admit I started on the runway cause I wasn't sure how to get her up and running. Thankfully the Virtual FE took care of many of the engine settings and bugged airspeeds when I needed them. I was able to get the AP working as well. I flew KBLI SEA HELNS6 KPDX and ended with an ILS 28R. I used the UNS version (it's very similar to the Falcon 50's GNS-XLS that I'm mostly familiar with already). But the CIVA INS is literally the gem of this aircraft, coded by the Wizards at Working Title. There's also a GNS530W option.

I plan to read the 200+ page manual eventually and do a full cold and dark flight!

For now, enjoy the pics plus a few extras I wanted to capture.

707

7072

The artwork is done by iniBuilds - quite beautiful. It didn't look that great on the preview video today but when I purchased and looked for myself it was a different story!

7073

This is a pretty short flight at 16000 (I didn't want to go so high so people would miss the views from the earth!)

7074

The majestic Olympic range to our west... this thing is FAST too. at 16k vne was upwards of 360 kias!

7075

A very vintage HSI not exactly sure what's its called. I would have liked a regular HSI myself but this is still really cool

7076

Passing Mt St Helens inbound to BTG - lots of useful information on the EFB

7077

I did a "self vectored" ILS 28R... you really want to slow down earlier than you think... the plane is a whale haha

7078

7079

70710

It honestly hand flies quite nicely... and the AOA indicator keeps it pretty simple

70711

70712

We'll taxi to an FBO hehe

70715

70716

Many many of these things work... I was shocked!

70718

Glorious night lighting

70717

Overhead for days...

70721

Excellent cockpit surrounds

70722

Working radar as well

70724

I really liked this nacelle closeup! You should be able to click on all of these to see the original 1440p resolution

70726

Wonderful tour, came here from the B707 announce thread. She sure looks good in those late 60s Alaska colors too

How are the sounds?

  • Author
42 minutes ago, skully said:

How are the sounds?

I find the interior to be very good honestly. The exterior maybe not quite as good... but acceptable. Especially since it's a very reasonably priced addon. But I'm using headphones. I thought these birds were pretty loud but the exterior sounds are kinda mushy.

| My Liveries | FAA ZMP | PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 64GB 6000 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

 

 

43 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

I find the interior to be very good honestly. The exterior maybe not quite as good... but acceptable. Especially since it's a very reasonably priced addon. But I'm using headphones. I thought these birds were pretty loud but the exterior sounds are kinda mushy.

Thanks Ryan!

Glory days Ryan, I wish I could go back.

Jack Sawyer

Nice shots, I didnt realize how big that inner flap was, proper barn door!

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.