Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

iniBuilds Malta Available now & Scenery Development Update

Featured Replies

Personally, I think Ini knocked it out of the park with LMML release. But everyone's entitled to their own opinion. After about half dozen flights in and out, I'm very impressed. Are there flaws, I'm sure there are, but I'm not the anal type to seek out every nook and cranny of airports for accuracy. It's a well-done airport layout and I'm sure Ini will address whatever flaws reported back to them. I appreciate someone releasing an airport much better than the default.

Bill McIntyre

Asus StrixB650E-F Gamer, AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D, Corsair Titanium DDR5 64GB, Samsung 990 PRO-4TB M.2, (4) 2TB SSD's, Corsair H1150i liquid cooler, RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, (2) LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case. MSFS 2024, WIN11 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

  • Replies 47
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • outermarker
    outermarker

    My pity towards PEsim is somewhat limited. They announced LFPG two years ago at this point, and while I understand that it’s a major undertaking, I still think you can’t reasonably expect exclusivity

  • Jack_Sawyer
    Jack_Sawyer

  • Christopher Low
    Christopher Low

    I feel slightly sorry for Pilot Experience Sim. They have dedicated themselves to the development of LFPG Charles de Gaulle as their next project, but I can't help thinking that this announcement is g

  • Author
4 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I have just checked out the area surrounding the default Malta airport. The terrain textures did not look bad at first, but then I found the area with lots of "randomly placed" autogen buildings, and awful looking terrain elevation issues. This is close to the runway 05 threshold. In addition, I noticed that there seems to be a lot of empty space between autogen buildings all around the airport, as if the AI could not decide whether it was looking at buildings or not, so just decided not to put anything there at all.

As far as I am concerned, Malta is off limits until another world update cleans the place up.

Autogen building placement is based off Open street map data, and interestingly, there are not a lot of buildings defined around that side of airport on OSM

Edited by Tuskin38

7 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

Autogen building placement is based off Open street map data, and interestingly, there are not a lot of buildings defined around that side of airport on OSM

To be honest, I've been spoilt spending so much time in areas with photogrammetry scenery, I found Malta scenery to be very, well .............. yuk! The airport is nice, but the approach into 13 was very bland.

Please note that those issues with the autogen buildings and terrain elevation are an MSFS 2024 problem, not a problem with IniBuilds LMML Malta International. I would have liked to buy the airport, but I just know that I would not be able to ignore the issues surrounding it. A product of my OCD nature unfortunately. Thankfully, there are plenty of other airports available that do not suffer from problems like this.

Christopher Low

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D CPU / 64GB DDR5-6000 RAM / 12GB Nvidia RTX 4070 Super GPU / Gigabyte X870E Aorus Elite Wifi 7 / 1+2TB Samsung Evo Plus M2 Nvme

UK2000 Beta Tester

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.