Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

iniBuilds Malta Available now & Scenery Development Update

Featured Replies

Would have loved to see an iniBuilds Al Maktoum International Airport OMDW to go with OMDB v2 that's coming though thankfully we have a nice free OMDW mod on flightsim.to same for Istanbul LTFM, which iniBuilds could have done much better than SceneryTR and an iniBuilds LEMD, KMSY and SCEL so I could dump the old LVFR LEMD, KMSY and SCEL.

Pumped for iniBuilds tackling LFPG-though I bet Pilot Experience Sim's one with the access and data they've amassed will be good.

Edited by amsfsx02501

MacBook Neo: A18 Pro with 6-core processor and 5-core graphics 8GB Unified Memory, macOS Tahoe, X-Plane 12 (12.40).

Mac mini: M4 chip with 10 core processor, 10 core graphics, 16 GB Unified Memory, 256GB SSD, macOS Tahoe, X-Plane 12 (12.40), X-Plane 11 (11.55).

Lenovo Legion 5 16IRX9: Intel Core i9-14900HX, 32GB DDR5-4800 RAM, 1TB Micron NVMe SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 8 GB GPU and Intel UHD Graphics 16EU iGPU, Windows 11 Home, MSFS 2024 and 2020, X-Plane 12 (12.40), X-Plane 11 (11.55) and Lenovo LOQ 15 15IAX9: Intel Core i5-12450HX, 24GB DDR5-4800 RAM, 1TB Solidigm NVMe SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2050 4GB GPU and Intel UHD Graphics 16EU iGPU, Windows 11 Home, MSFS 2024 and 2020, X-Plane 12 (12.40), X-Plane 11 (11.55).

Alienware m15 R7: Intel Core i7-12700H, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti 8GB, Windows 11 Home, MSFS 2024 and 2020, X-Plane 12 (12.40), X-Plane 11 (11.55).

  • Replies 47
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • outermarker
    outermarker

    My pity towards PEsim is somewhat limited. They announced LFPG two years ago at this point, and while I understand that it’s a major undertaking, I still think you can’t reasonably expect exclusivity

  • Jack_Sawyer
    Jack_Sawyer

  • Christopher Low
    Christopher Low

    I feel slightly sorry for Pilot Experience Sim. They have dedicated themselves to the development of LFPG Charles de Gaulle as their next project, but I can't help thinking that this announcement is g

4 hours ago, amsfsx02501 said:

Pumped for iniBuilds tackling LFPG-though I bet Pilot Experience Sim's one with the access and data they've amassed will be good.

I know CDG is quite hard to get access, I think just to go spotting there you need a permit.

 
 
 
 
 
  913456

The ILS is broken at Malta. I used RNAV approach instead. Hopefully INI will fix that.

System: MSFS2024, ASUS Rog Stryx Z790-A,  Intel i9-14900KF,  Asus ROG Ryujin III 360 , Asus Hyperion Case,Rog Stryx 4090 OC, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD,64Gb G Skill Memory, Asus Aura 1200W Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG C4 48" 4K OLED Screen., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL. WinWing FCU, EFIS, MCDU

 

16 hours ago, Peter Z KCLE_EDDN said:

I’m very interested in getting Malta. Can anyone comment on the satellite image quality surrounding the airport?

https://i.postimg.cc/yx6yN30F/Flight-Simulator2024-ANc-Bw92d-Pj.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/nLvWj7QJ/Flight-Simulator2024-mtgax-Z2P5O.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/bvQ5Db2P/Flight-Simulator2024-X5M8FPr7ZC.jpg

Edited by fluffyflops

 
 
 
 
 
  913456
2 hours ago, ZKOKQ said:

The ILS is broken at Malta. I used RNAV approach instead. Hopefully INI will fix that.

which runway? 31 is fine. Im guessing you using the FBW neo ?

Edited by fluffyflops

 
 
 
 
 
  913456
4 hours ago, ZKOKQ said:

The ILS is broken at Malta. I used RNAV approach instead. Hopefully INI will fix that.

Just checked this morning and the ILS and glideslope are working fine on both runway 31 and runway 13. Maybe it's possible that you have another addon that is conflicting?

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia RTX5080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2024 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Is it just me, but I saw a pre-release preview of the airport on YouTube and thought the ground textures were dreadful. Poor enough to prevent me from buying it. I wonder if it's the same for the realease version.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX4090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, LG Ultragear 48"4K, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

There are some red texture areas near the airport (which are a sort of brown colour in the actual Bing maps), but I have not checked it out to see what they are like in the simulator. I hope that they do not look too bad, as I want this airport!

Christopher Low

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D CPU / 64GB DDR5-6000 RAM / 12GB Nvidia RTX 4070 Super GPU / Gigabyte X870E Aorus Elite Wifi 7 / 1+2TB Samsung Evo Plus M2 Nvme

UK2000 Beta Tester

4 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

There are some red texture areas near the airport (which are a sort of brown colour in the actual Bing maps), but I have not checked it out to see what they are like in the simulator. I hope that they do not look too bad, as I want this airport!

Sure, but I suggest you check out Practically Geek on YT Christopher.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX4090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, LG Ultragear 48"4K, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Wow, I have just had a look at that YouTube video, and some of the areas around the airport do look very rough indeed! The grass textures around the runway look weird, and there are lots of autogen (I assume) buildings close to the airport fence that do not even seem to be on an equivalent base image footprint. They look like FSX autogen that has just been scattered haphazardly across the photoscenery (which itself looks quite rough, with some strange elevation issues).

Thanks for pointing me to this, Howard. I was fully intending to buy this airport, but your warning has stopped me in my tracks. Very disappointing ☹️

As someone pointed out in the LiveStream chat, it looks like we need a Malta World Update.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D CPU / 64GB DDR5-6000 RAM / 12GB Nvidia RTX 4070 Super GPU / Gigabyte X870E Aorus Elite Wifi 7 / 1+2TB Samsung Evo Plus M2 Nvme

UK2000 Beta Tester

I have just checked out the area surrounding the default Malta airport. The terrain textures did not look bad at first, but then I found the area with lots of "randomly placed" autogen buildings, and awful looking terrain elevation issues. This is close to the runway 05 threshold. In addition, I noticed that there seems to be a lot of empty space between autogen buildings all around the airport, as if the AI could not decide whether it was looking at buildings or not, so just decided not to put anything there at all.

As far as I am concerned, Malta is off limits until another world update cleans the place up.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D CPU / 64GB DDR5-6000 RAM / 12GB Nvidia RTX 4070 Super GPU / Gigabyte X870E Aorus Elite Wifi 7 / 1+2TB Samsung Evo Plus M2 Nvme

UK2000 Beta Tester

  • Author

Small detail I saw pointed out on reddit. One of the apron markings is misspelled in real life, and ini kept that misspelling

Edited by Tuskin38

They seem to have made a mistake with the position of the dashed line below the "Max Lenght 65m" sign.

Christopher Low

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D CPU / 64GB DDR5-6000 RAM / 12GB Nvidia RTX 4070 Super GPU / Gigabyte X870E Aorus Elite Wifi 7 / 1+2TB Samsung Evo Plus M2 Nvme

UK2000 Beta Tester

  • Author
2 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

They seem to have made a mistake with the position of the dashed line below the "Max Lenght 65m" sign.

Google Maps is outdated, The line has moved. Though ini’s is still a bit too close to the 70m compared to the real revised one.

Apple Maps has newer imagery. Or open google earth and select historic imagery. For some reason the default imagery on Google Maps is not the most recent, I guess because its lower quality.

Edited by Tuskin38

4 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Wow, I have just had a look at that YouTube video, and some of the areas around the airport do look very rough indeed! The grass textures around the runway look weird, and there are lots of autogen (I assume) buildings close to the airport fence that do not even seem to be on an equivalent base image footprint. They look like FSX autogen that has just been scattered haphazardly across the photoscenery (which itself looks quite rough, with some strange elevation issues).

Thanks for pointing me to this, Howard. I was fully intending to buy this airport, but your warning has stopped me in my tracks. Very disappointing ☹️

As someone pointed out in the LiveStream chat, it looks like we need a Malta World Update.

Yeah, knowing how pedantic you are, like me, about sceneries, I thought you'd have a raised eye brow! I took one look at several areas in the video and thought they looked awful. I don't know what happened.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX4090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, LG Ultragear 48"4K, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.