Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Loading Movie Has significant studders

Featured Replies

Before SU6 I would occasionally get severe studders during the Sim loading movie. Once the sim loaded the movie ran smoothly and does not affect the sim playing…but it bugs me. Now, since SU6 it’s every time during loading. My fps goes down into the teens also. If I click on my other screen (I use for LNM) the fps goes up to my cap and the studders go away. Anyone else seen this and found a way to fix. Internet is a 1 gig download. Running with a RTX 5080 and an AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D on Windows 11.

I posted this on the MSFS Forums and got one other person who said they had the same issue...but no help in how to resolve. Hoping better results here.

Thanks for any help.

Garry

Garry Lundberg

I had a similar experience in SU5 where it would continously stutter through the intro movie. When SU6 came along, I deleted the rolling cache and reset it and deleted the shader caches.

For me that made the difference.

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus Dual RTX 4070 Super OC 12Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | WD SA510 4Tb |beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator X34P 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
MSFS2024 SU6 & P3D v5.3 HF2

Its a simple video ... and when loading of the sim is busy, it stutters. Don't know why they even have made a video as loading intro.

you can replace it with several static or calmer videos, making it less pronounced.
I can't live without them 🫣

Edited by guenseli

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I see this all the time and never really pay much attention to it, since it doesn't carry over into the sim.

Pete Locascio

Intel Core Ultra 9 285K, Nvidia RTX 5090, Samsung 9100 Pro 2&4 TB Drives, 64 GB RAM, Asus Z-890 motherboard.

 

Yeah same here I see it stutter but think nothing of it, I've seen many other gaming intros stutter on loading over the years, nothing to worry about.

Pico Neo3 Link VR - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte RX 9070 XT OC 16gb (AMD GPU), 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

2 hours ago, guenseli said:

Its a simple video ... and when loading of the sim is busy, it stutters. Don't know why they even have made a video as loading intro.

you can replace it with several static or calmer videos, making it less pronounced.
I can't live without them 🫣

This. It's a meaningless video and it will studder or stutter (same thing or different?) while MSFS is loading. Bears no impact or relevance on how the sim runs.

One to strike off the worry list.

Bill 😎
FS2024 • Currently enjoying : ISW Evektor EV-97, A2A Comanche 2024 & Aerostar • Black Square Commander 114, Bonanzas, Barons, C208, TBM850, Dukes • COWS DA40 & DA42 • FSW Legacy, C24R Sierra & C414 • Echo Falco F8L • Got Friends A32 Vixxen • FSReborn Sirius TL3000 • Flying Fries Gabriel 160TR • Flyboy Rans S6S • Skyward DA50RG • SWS Zenith CH701, RV-8, RV-10, RV-14 • Bagolu C172M & ICP Savannah Currently flying IRL: Evektor EV-97 EuroStar, Pipersport SportCruiser, Aeroprakt A32 Vixxen, Bristell Classic, TL Sirius TL-3000, Rans S6LS
TrackIR • BeyondATC • PMS GTN Payware • RealTurb • Axis & Ohs
9800X3D • RTX 3080 • 64GB DDR5-6000
Former PPL IR, grounded by diabetes. Now UK NPPL(M)

  • Author

Thanks all for the advice. Didn't even know there were other alternatives...I'll try one as I get tired of the same old...same old.

Garry Lundberg

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.