Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Vector 787: “Less than 3 months to go.”

Featured Replies

With the exception of the 744, I’ve successfully sworn off any more airliners. But this one may just end up being compelling enough to join my fleet.

A comprehensive dev update was shared with some impressive information about the depth and fidelity of their simulation. Great screenshots, too.

They’re insisting the addon will truly handle like a 787 both in the air and on the ground - which is what piques my personal interest.

Lots of good info on pretty much every aspect of the aircraft:

DEVELOPMENT UPDATE 3

On February 26, we announced the VECTOR 787-9. Nearly eight months later, we are now on final approach, deep into internal Beta and entering the final stages of development, with less than three month

Edited by UrgentSiesta

I just saw this update too. If this Vector 787 is good, it will be a watershed moment for flight simulation, because there is no high fidelity 787 at the moment. My understanding is that the Quality Wings 787 was only medium fidelity, so if Vector exceeds Quality Wings, it will become the best 787 add-on for a flight sim.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Treating this dev the same as i treated FSS and TFDI. "The proof of the pudding is in the eating". Will need to see a lot of empty pudding plates and satisfied customer feedback before i partake.

AMD Ryzen 9800X3D/ Asus ROG Strix B650E F Gaming WiFi / Asrock Taichi 9070XT / 32GB G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 6000 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200 Pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / Seasonic Vertex 1000w PSU / Lian Li LanCool II Mesh Performance / Asus VG34VQL3A / Topping E70 Velvet DAC & L70 Amp /Sennheiser HD660s2

Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke + TCA Sidestick + TFRP Rudders

  • Author
14 minutes ago, Maxis said:

Treating this dev the same as i treated FSS and TFDI. "The proof of the pudding is in the eating". Will need to see a lot of empty pudding plates and satisfied customer feedback before i partake.

It’s the only sensible course of action. 👍

Less than 3 Months before release and they said upon reveal they are releasing this year.

So my bet is 22nd of December as Marketplace release.

I've seen some folks on FsElite criticizing the exterior model, especially the engines. I don't usually look at previews with a magnifying glass and kind of gloss over them relatively quickly, but I'm wondering if anyone who has seen the exterior modeling previews has any opinions on it.

I reckon it's going to be a Christmas present too!

One thing that is noticeable , they seem to be promoting their intensive testing of the aircraft on various different routes at different weights with different approaches programmed, so there's hope this will be a more "complete" product when released, if that can be said of software in general these days.

I am definitely looking forward to this release. I hope they are prepared for the Day 1 rush to buy and fly?

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus Dual RTX 4070 Super OC 12Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | WD SA510 4Tb |beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator X34P 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
MSFS2024 SU6 & P3D v5.3 HF2

2 hours ago, Bdub22 said:

I've seen some folks on FsElite criticizing the exterior model, especially the engines. I don't usually look at previews with a magnifying glass and kind of gloss over them relatively quickly, but I'm wondering if anyone who has seen the exterior modeling previews has any opinions on it.

There are some people who would criticise the Sun for rising every day.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D CPU / 64GB DDR5-6000 RAM / 12GB Nvidia RTX 4070 Super GPU / Gigabyte X870E Aorus Elite Wifi 7 / 1+2TB Samsung Evo Plus M2 Nvme

UK2000 Beta Tester

2 hours ago, Bdub22 said:

I've seen some folks on FsElite criticizing the exterior model, especially the engines. I don't usually look at previews with a magnifying glass and kind of gloss over them relatively quickly, but I'm wondering if anyone who has seen the exterior modeling previews has any opinions on it.

I am the same. Until you see the final product its hard to judge. Looking at the engine, it looks a pretty close match to the GEnx engine American operates. The only thing I noticed is the spinner swirl is rotating in the wrong direction. This was compared with head on views of AA aircraft taken at Everett.

To be honest, I am not worried about it. I will spend 99% of my time in the cockpit and systems functionality for me matters more, where I think the focus and attention has been with this development.

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus Dual RTX 4070 Super OC 12Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | WD SA510 4Tb |beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator X34P 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
MSFS2024 SU6 & P3D v5.3 HF2

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.