Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BIGSKY

Nightmare over the Atlantic with a happy ending...

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

That's bizarre. I wonder what his condition will ruled as, organic or mental?

Wow, that's weird. Glad the hostess was there.I like how the Daily Mail's "767" is an A321, too ;) :-roll

I think what makes this incident so unique was that the hostess had a commercial pilot

I once knew an Air Canada FA who had a commercial license and a 737 type rating.He was working as an FA because he couldn't get a job as a pilot.At the least the hostie in the Air Canada incident above got to put all his or her training to some good use!Bryan

Not terribly unique.Almost any pilot who wants to own/ fly a multi-engine aircraft or a turboprop will be required to get a CPL by the insurance companyA CPL can be for a C-172 - it only requires about 3 times the hours of a PPL in the US, and a bit more testing. I think it requires a second class medical where a PPL only requires a 3rd class medical.The FA did have a valid Multi-Engine rating, but her IFR qualification had expired.She did not have an ATP rating which is necessary to pilot most commercial passenger aircraft.The airline employee community is just as filled with aviation nuts as the FlightSim community, and probably includes as many, or more, people with pilots licenses and ratings of various types.

>Wow, that's weird. Glad the hostess was there.The pilot could have landed on his own - with no help and it had happened before that one of the pilots was disabled one way or another. Probably the best this hostess did was actually occupying the empty seat and this way preventing the crazy copilot from barging in. Michael J.http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/9320/apollo17vf7.jpg

The AC 767-300 flight from YYZ to LHR (AC868) lasts 7 hours 20 minutes. I always assumed for a flight of such a duration there has to be a 2nd cockpit crew on board. So what is the max. flight duration which is allowed to be flown by a single cockpit crew?Cheers, Wolfgang

>I like how the Daily Mail's "767" is an A321, too ;) :-roll The Daily Mail is one of the worst and nastiest newspapers in the UK. Some of their 'historical' articles are hilarious. Their racism and xenophobia are an embarrassment.

I love the media,The only nightmare was how the first officer probably feels where his career is headed.