Sign in to follow this  
Guest dickwu

ATC Voice

Guest dickwu

After watching the demo video, without a doubt RC 4 is way better than the default ATC. But I have a question about the voice of ATC. The sentences are combined by different voice files, it has to be that way, but my feeling is the sentences are too discrete. Listening to tower or ground or whatever is just like listening to ATIS, where the sentences are speaking by a "robot". It is nothing related to the accuracy or functionality of the ATC, but the feeling is not that natural and comfortable, any comments?

some sentences use many wavs, others use just a few. it's something we're constantly working on.jd

Guest dickwu

Thanks for your prompt reply. So is the demo version is what the releasing version looks like, and hopefully it will be improved in the future?

Hi,If I might jump in here. I did the majority of the work on processing the wav files to make them sound as good as possible with RCv4. I am my own hardest critic but I believe what you get with this new version of Radar Contact is the best set of voices we've ever done. If you've heard the demo via a downstream on Google you won't have heard them to their best. The downloaded file is a much better representation of how RC4 sounds.We also 'radioized' controller and chatter pilot voices to make them sound like their coming over your radio. Keeping them in their original state would make them less realistic.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I have only seen links to the streaming Google version, where does one find this 'download' version to hear this much better representation?

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Mike / Joe,Let me have a word with JD and I'll get back to you.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi,I too would like to know where to get this download version as I must admit that I have been very interested in this new release, but after listening to the streaming video I was put off by the robotic voices..thanksDrayton

Guest dickwu

same feeling, so any words for me?

And for me too !...I already propose my help with room and bandwidth for those demos but no reply from anyone from the team...So I re-propose again here my help, if you still need help, for a time, on this one, I'll be glad to help you out providing you a place where people would be able to download this demo as a -downlaod file- and not a bad streaming version which totally destroy quality.I also could handle for you enhanced DIVX conversion from your native file so quality will be really emphazised and people will be finally able to enjoy the demo!I'm just a real RC Fan, this is just a small simple support to you from myself and that's it, don't be afraid, I'm not expecting anything...Anyway, you can contact me at contact@mmmprod.com;)

Hi Everyone,I'm sorry to report than AvSim has declined to host our video. We hope to have some good news for you soon.I appreciate it's frustrating for you but it's even more so for us :-(Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Well I have to take my hat off to you guys - the ATC is simply awesome and I have to congratulate you all on a superb job.I agree that the Google video voices were a bit robotic, but like all things I guess one can get used to it - especially when the accuracy of the phraseology is as good as it is. Looking forward to ordering it in a weeks time.Best wishes

Guest DavidJE

>Hi,>>I too would like to know where to get this download version as>I must admit that I have been very interested in this new>release, but after listening to the streaming video I was put>off by the robotic voices..>>thanks>>DraytonI have to agree, listening to the streams the voices are off putting. Look forward to a more accurate downloadable version.Regards,David

Please check your mail.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather