Sign in to follow this  
Guest dickwu

ATC Voice

Hi Jd, It sounds to me like the live manchester atis recording is also a computer generated (or at least computer merged) sound, so they do sound similar.Actually Jd I am almost ready to try RC again. I know you people put a lot of hours of work so I truly don't mind helping support it regardless of how it works. And you know I respect your work no matter what. Hopefully, I will be a happy camper too, which I'm guessing I will. :()Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I do find it amazing that, pror to the version 4 demo for RC, I don't seem to remember any posts regarding the "robotic" nature of the voices. There're now two huge threads almost exclusively about the subject now on Avsim. Makes me think that those that have actually got it don't really see it as a big issue.

and that would be an excellent observation to take back to that thread and explainthe demo compressed a long flight into a short period of time, which made the voices so prominent, when in fact, you rarely interact with the controllers.the demo was a two edged sword. gave everyone a target, even though they didn't have the productnow that the product is spreading out across europe, australia and the united states, the feedback has been "brilliant". but those folks are too busy flying and having fun, than to post the virtues and benefits outweigh the voices, which aren't a problem for most.jd

JD,After installing RC4 and just made a first test flight I am VERY pleased with the voices. In RC3 it was often quite difficult to my European ears to understand the given instructions. Now it is much more clearer. Maybe the voices are a bit robotic but that doesn't disturb me. I prefer it this way.Roger

Roger

See my specs in my profile

Guest BeachComer

>the demo was a two edged sword. gave everyone a target, even though they didn't have the productAnd therefore I believe it would be of great benefit to reducing the noise level in the forum if you were to set the acceleration values up and re-record the video! ;-)I, too find the pauses between numbers and phrases *very* noticeable. I'm sure the pauses are the origin of the "robotic" descriptions. The voice quality, timbre, and "radio" processing is great, much better than MS. Sounds very realistic (from my RW flight experience). And there's no question about the content being tops. Still, I would hesitate to play that video (SFO-LAX, which I downloaded) for my FS buddies whom I am bringing along into the world of addons, and certainly not for my wife! There is no way to change the gaps in the video, of course. I would have to try the product in person to see if that will work, but the price is just a little steep for a trial. NOT for something I know I'd be happy with, the price is not a problem, it's obvious from reading this one thread how much work has gone into RC4. But if I can't stand it and can't make it better? mmm.......I'll have to be satisfied with watching and listening for now, to see if others get improved results from acceleration settings, and hopefully have an opportunity to hear the improvements that can be made, before I spring!A fantastic addon, personally I can't leave off flying long enough to do anything that involved, hats off to you for your discipline, talent, and dedication! I'm tempted....perhaps soon I'll hear a better sample from RC4.The most talented girl, with the sweetest heart, and the best temperament, will still have problems getting married if she is hard to look at. And though beauty is only skin deep, there has to be *something* to attract that interest to a deeper level, or selfish men just pass by. I do hope this can be sorted.

Guest mmcevilley

>The most talented girl, with the sweetest heart, and the best>temperament, will still have problems getting married if she>is hard to look at. And though beauty is only skin deep, there>has to be *something* to attract that interest to a deeper>level, or selfish men just pass by. I do hope this can be>sorted. The real tragedy is the selfish man that measures her not by what makes her a unique woman but by the single aspect of her outward appearance - so he passes her by and in the process bypasses the love of a lifetime! ;-) -michael

Wow!We are just honeymooners (Okay, old f*rt honeymooners!). Only married 32 years here. :-) Wilson

After I used RC V4 for a few times I found the voices 100% and not "robotic" as some have reported. For me being non English are (the voices) very clearly pronounced and easily understood as they should be in real situations.Stelios

Stelios Christofides

Guest bobsk8

>After I used RC V4 for a few times I found the voices 100%>and not "robotic" as some have reported. For me being non>English are (the voices) very clearly pronounced and easily>understood as they should be in real situations.>>Stelios That's what is weird. None of the people that own it and are using it every day are complaining about the voices. Go figure....

I own RC4 and I find the voices are fine. In fact, I forget that it's a computer talking to me, it sounds so real - even to the point of the ATC asking "party calling Centre, say again" - or being told by FSS when requesting clearance on the ground that "I'll call centre, it may take a few minutes, hold on".Now I want to record my voice for my own use.