Sign in to follow this  
mochahagotdi

Cockpit font issue

I did a re-install of the FSX but now the fonts inside the VC seem corrupted.

8iHqmO0.png?1

iiYl7H2.jpg?1

Notice that the fonts are a sans-serif style font as opposed to the digital style font. Any ideas on how to fix this? I've tried doing another re-install, but no luck.

Blue skies!

Hmmm Wow, I don't think I have ever seen that happen...

What exactly did you re-install? FSX or the NGX?

Try reinstalling just the NGX and tell me how it goes.... If it still doesn't work then I can upload my Fonts file to mediafire from my FSX and you could try using that :)

Cheers

This is very odd. I tried replacing the fonts in your folder with the ones in my fsx font folder, but the fonts in the VC are still showing up as a sans-serif style font.  :unsure:

I just ran CCleaner which semi fixed the issue; the font in MCP and radio stack displays are the 'digital style', however, the font in the altitude pressurization panel is still the sans-serif type font.

Hi Justin

Just a thought, have you run sp1c to your re installation as I see on PMDG's website that there is an update to sp 1c for each NGX package. My memory seems to think that this was an update from one version to another? but my memory is surely sagging these days lol.

Kind Regards

John Calleja

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

I had this same exact issue before, but forgot how I fixed it. I think I uninstalled and reinstalled the plane and that fixed it.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Installed the SP1C update but it still has the sans-serif font in the altitude pressurization panel. What's the best way to uninstall the aircraft? Are there any additional folders I should delete so I can reinstall and try again?

Hey JS,

Before you go removing the whole thing, I'd submit a ticket to PMDG and see if they can fix your issue. http://support.precisionmanuals.com/Main/Default.aspx

If you want to completely remove the NGX, then use add/remove programs, uninstall both 600/700 then 80/900. Check appdata\local\Microsoft\FSX\SimObjects and delete all 7 folders that have NGX in the name (600, 700, 700WL, 800, 800WL, 900, 900WL) Also FSX\PMDG\PMDG737NGX. That's everywhere that I can think of that stuff is, then re-install 8/9, 6/7, and SP1C.

edit: oh, make sure you have the original installers before you remove it..

Steve Caffey

Alright I'll Send you a private message for my Font File

You are in violation of our EULA by doing this - please do not send pieces of the airplane around to others. The correct course of action is for the OP to submit a support ticket, not for other forum users to start sending our copyrighted files around.

• Upvote 1

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

You are in violation of our EULA by doing this

Roger that, I was not aware of that. Sorry for the inconvenience and it won't happen again

• Upvote 1

I did a re-install of the FSX but now the fonts inside the VC seem corrupted.

8iHqmO0.png?1

iiYl7H2.jpg?1

Notice that the fonts are a sans-serif style font as opposed to the digital style font. Any ideas on how to fix this? I've tried doing another re-install, but no luck.

Blue skies!

WOW! These fonts are cool man! How did you get this? I want also fonts like these on my 737! Maybe PMDG made a SP with new fonts?

The correct font is the quartz font found in your pmdg /fonts folder. 

copy this to your windows fonts folder, right-click it and select "install". 

• Upvote 1

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020