Sign in to follow this  
Piper9t3

737 Immersion & PrecipFX

Hi new to this product and decided to jump into purchasing the 737 Immersion package for added realism in the PMDG737.  During the purchase I was offered a 30% discount to bundle PrecipitFX but chose not to as I was unsure if I needed it.  How do the two products inter-react as the product pages appear to offer similar things like wingtip vortices and contrail effects ?  I presume PrecipitFX will just enhance the default P3Dv3 rain and snow textures?  If so how is this compatible with REX textures?

As a 737 Immersion customer any chance of getting the bundle offer towards a purchase of PrecipitFX??

Thanks

John Pipilas

Win 10 ​- i7 2600k CPU - AMD Radeon R9 Fury X GPU 

Hi John,

PrecipitFX will replace effects already present in FSX/P3D and works on every aircraft.

That includes Rain/Textures, contrails, vortices, wheels spray and engine spray.

Our Immersion packages not only replaces those effects but also adds a lot more.

That includes Wing Condensation, Volumetric Lighting, separate Engine Spray including reversers effects under rain and snow.

Both products can be installed together. PrecipitFX installs on every aircraft while out Immersion Packages will focus on a single aircraft model.

I hope this clarifies our product lines a bit!

Regards,

Keven

Edit:

REX is fully compatible with all our products

Edited by Keven Menard

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Rain alone worth the price - you do not get that in immersion products - go for it

Rich Sennett

Rain alone worth the price - you do not get that in immersion products - go for it

Agreed.  This is the #1 reason I purchased PrecipitFX.  No more Star Wars Hyperspace.

With 737 immersion, does that fix the rain too?  Obviously only for the NGX.  But, if you only buy 737 immersion, do we still fly the NGX at "light speed" when it rains?

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

With 737 immersion, does that fix the rain too?  Obviously only for the NGX.  But, if you only buy 737 immersion, do we still fly the NGX at "light speed" when it rains?

No immersion is only dedicated to effects for the NGX 737 - 777 or Aerosoft Airbus - PrecipitFX is a global effects program - you need it for rain fix - snow - etc.

Rich Sennett

737 Immersion will not change your simulator's Rain/Snow textures

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hi new to this product and decided to jump into purchasing the 737 Immersion package for added realism in the PMDG737.  During the purchase I was offered a 30% discount to bundle PrecipitFX but chose not to as I was unsure if I needed it.  How do the two products inter-react as the product pages appear to offer similar things like wingtip vortices and contrail effects ?  I presume PrecipitFX will just enhance the default P3Dv3 rain and snow textures?  If so how is this compatible with REX textures?

As a 737 Immersion customer any chance of getting the bundle offer towards a purchase of PrecipitFX??

Thanks

Hi, at what moment did you receive the offer for a discount for additional product(s)? (And which ones). Don't see anything like that when going through the process...

Hi, at what moment did you receive the offer for a discount for additional product(s)? (And which ones). Don't see anything like that when going through the process...

Once you log into your account and add products to your cart, discounts are applied automatically.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Once you log into your account and add products to your cart, discounts are applied automatically.

Thanks Keven,

I guess I will start then by actually creating an account and taking a look from there :)

So if I get pecipitfx it will install and enable effects for all the "default" aircraft in P3D? What about planes like carenado and other 3rd party developers?

Not talking about PMDG or Aerosoft Airbus.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

So if I get pecipitfx it will install and enable effects for all the "default" aircraft in P3D? What about planes like carenado and other 3rd party developers?

Not talking about PMDG or Aerosoft Airbus.

Yes watch the video - I believe one of the aircraft is a carenado

https://fsfxpackages.com/en/precipitFX/

Rich Sennett

Ok looks like PrecipitFX is a go for me so I purchased it today.  Last  question:

I have installed it ok but it does not show up as green in VFXCentral?  The product appears as a Download only.  When downloaded and unzipped, the installer places a separate PrecipitFX shortcut on my desktop which when run shows all the installed effects in P3Dv3.  Is this the normal setup?  How can I get PrecipitFX to show up as installed in VFXCentral? 

Thanks!

John Pipilas

Win 10 ​- i7 2600k CPU - AMD Radeon R9 Fury X GPU 

Ok looks like PrecipitFX is a go for me. 

Last question :  How does it work for 3rd party plane addons installed after PrecipitFX is installed?   Are the PrecipitFX effects applied automatically to all 3rd party aircraft or does it require re-installation?

After you install an aircraft you will want to run the Precipitfx program to add the effects to the aircraft. Sounds like more hassle than it is really.

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST