Sign in to follow this  
tonymerry

White smoke under fuselage

On several occasions after landing & taxying to the stand, white smoke is streaming back from under the fuselage. This carries on non stop, even after stopping engines. What is this supposed to represent? Is it overheated brakes or snow?

Tonym

It's an issue with FSX that carried on to P3D.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I finally disabled the fx files by adding the .OFF extension to each file used for wheel spray, snow spray, etc. The effect was more trouble than it is worth.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hello Dan, You are more experienced with flight sim than me. I agree with your comments re the smoke effect, could you be more specific in directing me to the files you modified. much obliged.

Hello Richard, you're taking this topic outside the realm of PMDG support. Perhaps an inquiry with the LM P3D forum would help you. In summary, there are lots of special effects such as smoke, waving flags, wheel water spray. Each is its own file or set of files in the P3D \Effects folder. I wouldn't recommend making changes unless you are familiar in this area.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hello Dan, I wasn't aware of the implications, All my PMDG aircraft run on FSX only. I will try and rectify matters re the smoke etc. myself.  If you don't try you never succeed. Regards.

Hello Dan, I wasn't aware of the implications, All my PMDG aircraft run on FSX only. I will try and rectify matters re the smoke etc. myself.  If you don't try you never succeed. Regards.

A quick google search will give you plenty of leads:

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=disable%20rain%20snow%20effect%20p3d

A few of those results should have what you're looking for, in terms of folder locations, etc.

Kyle Rodgers

What if you just turn off the special effects in the settings ?

or  simply   just fly  the aircraft  from the cockpit :wink:

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg