Sign in to follow this  
Kosta

g3d.dll workaround/fix to prevent FSX crashes

And for those of you who are thinking of buying a licensed copy of FSUIPC but don't think you will use it much, that's what I thought. But I have found FSUIPC does SO MUCH more than I realized, I now consider it to be a necessary component of FSX.

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

Thanks everyone,And you know who your are. I will be buying a registered copy of FSUIPC. Considering what Peter has done here it would be a dishonour for me to use it without doing so.Kind regards,

May I suggest also adding the FSUIPC as the cure for GD3 CTDs in the Tips and Tricks forum?
Done! Thanks for the suggestion.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Some people will go as far as to imply that FSUIPC could have been the cause of CTDs. LOLI have a feeling that those who spend the $30 will be devoted simmers who appreciate the efforts of the community. Pete deserves our support.David, thank you for pinning this thread.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------You bet! I'm now on my way to pick up my copy. If this works....(besides all the other features I will pick up...) WAY TO GO, Pete, and thank you! Going now to lay my money on the table at the checkout.Edit: Just got my license.....here we go.....!Edit 2: "...hmmm....should have got this years ago...I have all the features set up...and took a test flight." "...like I said...hmmm, and why didn't I get this? ....hmmm...." :) Mitch

Bless you, Pete. I've enjoyed FSUIPC for many years, and it just keeps getting better. You're a rock star, sir. im%20Not%20Worthy.gif

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

--------------------------------------------------------------------------You bet! I'm now on my way to pick up my copy. If this works....(besides all the other features I will pick up...) WAY TO GO, Pete, and thank you! Going now to lay my money on the table at the checkout.Edit: Just got my license.....here we go.....!Edit 2: "...hmmm....should have got this years ago...I have all the features set up...and took a test flight." "...like I said...hmmm, and why didn't I get this? ....hmmm...." :)Mitch
Mitch,I was thinking about you and Stephen all day long. I knew that this would make you very happy. I know that Stephen is getting good results based on his posts. So I'm so glad that we can finally enjoy FSX without CTDs.Have fun!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Mitch,I was thinking about you and Stephen all day long. I knew that this would make you very happy. I know that Stephen is getting good results based on his posts. So I'm so glad that we can finally enjoy FSX without CTDs.Have fun!
----------------------------------------------------------Thanks DJ! Even if you put the crash-detecting and handling aside....I set up all the other features, and well....I should have invested in this years ago, rather than just hanging out with the free interface. Like everybody already said on this new thread....pick just 1 of the features getting a license unlocks to you, and that alone could equal the price of your admission. I'm finding that anyway, for myself. BTW....that prior draining battery, as I sit and set up the cockpit preflight....well it can now K.M.A.! LOLOLOLOLOL! Way to go, Pete!

Thanks Pete - it's been a pleasure simming with you since the very early days of FS and once again, you prove your dedication to the hobby. Just think, before long MS Flight will be out and you can teach a whole other generation, LOL... Good for you other folks supporting Pete through your purchases of FSUIPC - it was one of the best purchases I made many years ago - might I also suggest WideFS, it's very beneficial as well.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

And for those of you who are thinking of buying a licensed copy of FSUIPC but don't think you will use it much, that's what I thought. But I have found FSUIPC does SO MUCH more than I realized, I now consider it to be a necessary component of FSX.
+1

Bert

Some people will go as far as to imply that FSUIPC could have been the cause of CTDs. LOL
Yeah, I couldn't believe that either wink.pngIf I wouldn't already have a registered version of FSUIPC I'd definitely buy it now. Mr. Pete Dowson deserves it!

Well...I liked the unlocked features so much (and what they do for the sim...) for my FSX version...that I just purchased a key for the FS9 version. I wanted this good thing for my Heavy Iron kicker... :)Thanks Pete for all your work, and I'm glad that I am now on your financial ledger (smile). Wish me luck for no G3D's for FSX! :)No more flat batteries in FS9 aircraft amongst other things...finally a working APU/ Ground Power simulation.(there are times that I like to 'listen in' to whatever field I just landed at....but not have to have an engine cranking out the juice as I enjoy the A.I. movements and landing/takeoff's) Mr. Dowson has given me...SUPER BATTERY! It takes a lickin' but keeps on tickin' ...... LOLOLOLOL!Mitch'er

We are lucky that Pete is also a simmer.Thank's for your help.Fabrizio.

I thought everyone purchased FSUIPC anyway! Its the first thing I install after FSX. Couldn't do without the features it provides. The little fixes here and there are great (wind smoothing etc) but the best bit is the control assignments and calibration functions.If you are a new user you are going to really enjoy finding out about all the benefits this gem of an addon offers.