Sign in to follow this  
jordanal

Wind Smoothing - Pete Making Progress?

Now is FSUIPC4 version 4.25 out and I can really recommand to test the smoothing with ASX. My flight was really smooth.

Guest chpuig

>Now is FSUIPC4 version 4.25 out and I can really recommand to>test the smoothing with ASX. My flight was really smooth.Hi all captains,I can confirm that with this niew version we are back in the Fs9 era even more smooth for the wind shifts. The calculation of fuel is much more accurate now. I disabled the wind smoothing in ASX to get the best results. So now we have the accurates winds directions on take-offs and landings for those of us who flies online on Vatsim or Ivao!Bravo Mister Pete Downson for all your hard work!! It's an incredible step foward for Fsx!!!And with the coming ASX SP3... Wow!Have now lots of very smooth flights!Christian

I just installed 4.25.I turned off wind smoothing in ASX and on in FSUIPC.What are the proper settings in FSUIPC?Should all 3 boxes be checked on wind smoothing page?Any certain numbers in the boxes?Thanks,Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

Hello,I confirm"Bravo Mister Pete Downson for all your hard work!! It's an incredible step foward for Fsx!!!And with the coming ASX SP3... Wow!"

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

As a start I would go with the default settings in those boxes and wind smoothing switched on in FSUIPC, these settings were widely tested during the beta phase and found to work well. I would also go with the pressure and temperature smoothing, again at default settings. One other worth considering and a must if flying a PMDG 747X at the moment, is to use 'suppress cloud turbulance' on the Clouds page in FSUIPC.If you find your flight seems unrealistically smooth then, if you wish, you can then play around with the settings to liven things up a bit but I would start with default. Again, if in a PMDG, then you will need to keep cloud turbulance suppressed, we found a bit of a problem with the 747X and cloud turbulance and it wasn't fun!

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

Thanks for the info.I'll play around with it.Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

I flew a KORD-ZSPD route in the 744X with FSUIPC 4.25 and latest ASX. There was a glitch at about 65N where the plane was in oscillation due to changing temps/pressures, which I killed by opening the FSX advanced weather dialog window and temporarily freezing the weather. The aircraft stablilized, and remained so for the remainder of the 13 hr flight.I note Pete has an update forthcoming to fix a problem he found in his code to address this issue. I think we are almost there.Edit: I just looked, he is up to 4.253 with notes on .ini file settings for PMDG 744... yup, almost there.

Dan Downs KCRP

>I flew a KORD-ZSPD route in the 744X with FSUIPC 4.25 and>latest ASX. There was a glitch at about 65N where the plane>was in oscillation due to changing temps/pressures, which I>killed by opening the FSX advanced weather dialog window and>temporarily freezing the weather. The aircraft stablilized,>and remained so for the remainder of the 13 hr flight.>Funny you mention an oscillation flight. Which way were you oscillating? Altitude or direction?? I did an ESSA - VTSP and about 7 hours into the flight I had an oscillating type flight pattern (tracked with FSC) that looked like a perfect sinewave. didnt look weather related. looked more like a program glitch it was too repetitious and perfect. I was flying a CLS Airbus 343 equipped with ISG L and VNAV setup. ASX and 4.25. First I thought it was a crosswind problem. When I switched over to gps track it flew fine with the same crosswinds and minimal crosswinds. 13 knots or so. Swithced back to the LNAV and it started again until I was way below the equator then in smoothed out again still on LNAV. I shold have saved the coordinates but was busy today around the house.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Hmmm... that's an interesting one. My instability was in pitch about +/- 800 to 1200 ft with corresponding speed variation. I watched it for several minutes. Seemed like the AP was underdamped to me (I'm an engineer) but soon as I interrupted the cause it never happened again. I think the cause was FSX temp/baro fluctuations cause wind was behaving.

Dan Downs KCRP

Well I put in 4.253 and will try flying the return leg and see what happens. Actually I flew the remaining 750 miles with 4.253 and seemed ok but probably by the time i find out the next beta will be up.Dave ESSB

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Just flown a Twin Otter on a short flight and I agree with the statement that "It feels like AS6.5". Accurate winds on departure and lovely smooth transitions as well as some hairy turbulence.The mammoth efforts HiFi have put in are very much appreciated but does anybody else see the irony in this? The man who on one forum was arrogantly told to "retire" because of the new SimConnect age, has solved the problems for us.Regards,Dan.

Indeed,Pete's contributions (past, present and future) cannot be taken for granted. He's simply enabled a better sim for all of us.Thanks Pete!Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies