Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tunnelcat

Giant chicken sightings

Anybody ever notice the giant chicken the shows up randomly in cities across the flight sim world? I know it's an autogen object but seems to move around a lot. One time it popped up in Juneau, Alaska, right next to the airport near what looked like a fast food building, but then it vanished and I haven't seen it since. I'm keeping my eyes peeled for another appearance somewhere.Kim

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

There's reportedly a giant pink elephant that appears from time to time as well...usually, I'm told, near the Northwest Airlines ramp...Bob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

Yup, I've seen it quite a few places. One of the better ones, was in the cargo ramps at PANC. Between my plane, and another. I had all intentions of seeing if they offered carry-out service.Sadly, I no longer have the screenshot of it...Chip

Oh, yes! Seen down in South America near the Brazilian border only just last week. :D

Lol, I didnt know about this! If anyones got a screenshot please post!

You shouldn't really be smoking that stuff ;-)

No joking, no smoking here. I was surprised when I first noticed it in Juneau, Alaska. Another pilot in Australia wrote a letter to Computer Pilot Magazine claiming he saw it at the north end of KSEA's runways. I thought he was seeing things too, until I spied it.It was slightly taller than the fast food autogen building that it was standing next to, kind of out of proportion with the rest of the scenery and easy to see from the air. Hmmmm! KFC maybe violating city building codes, a joker from Microsoft.If I ever see it again, I will get a screen shot of it and post it. However it seems to be a rarely used object so it may be tough to find. I challenge someone else out there to find it in the FS9 world.Kim

Well, there's the pink elephant carwashes here in Seattle and Tacoma but not near the airport. One's over by the Space Needle and EMP.The there's the Big chicken in Atlanta that's autogen and I think part of Bill Molony's scenery. Attached is an image from over at DVA from sometime ago. Blake

>Well. I thought I saw a "Chupacabra" somewhere near TJIG4cigpi9.jpg

Finally! I found the elusive chicken! It's an FS9 autogen object and there are several others as well, including a fish and a cow head, which are probably supposed to be restaurant icons. The only way I found them was when I reinstalled FS9 and accidentally turned the autogen slider ALL the way to maximum. It's a frame rate hit, but these icons now show up all over the place. You can even find them mixed in the area buildings just north of KSEA, although this chicken was sighted in Juneau, Alaska.Here's a screenshot of the chicken:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/187336.jpgKim