Sign in to follow this  
dfish

Flight1 announces Avadyne gauges

"Flight1 Software is proud to present the Avidyne Entegra flight deck display system gauge pack for Flight Simulator 2004 and Flight Simulator X. Based on Flight1 Aviation Technologies real world Avidyne Student training simulator, The Avidyne system integrates virtually all standard instruments and gauges into a pair of easy to manage, highly informational, color displays. View flight plan information; view traffic, receive traffic warnings, view airspace boundaries, fixes and runway / facility information, engine status plus much more using the high resolution displays; and customize the displays to your specific aircraft with the included settings manager."This sounds great,retrofit your old Cessna's and Piper's with 21st Century avionics.Dave FisherCYYZP4 Prescott 3.2e 478p 800mhz 1mg CPUP4P800SE Asus Motherboard2.5 gig PC3200 DDR RAM 400MHZGeForce 7600GT/512 OC'dMaxtor 80 Gig ATA 133 HD x2WDC WD800 80 Gig HDAntec 500watt true powerSharp 19 inch LCD MonitorSaitek AV8R-01 Joystickhttp://fs2crew.com/linepilot.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I just wish "retrofitting" was actually viable in FS. You can see in the screenshots they just sort of jam the screens in there. If it came with new config files for a bunch of popular 3rd party GA add-ons to put the screens in the VC I would probably be all over that.

It would be worth getting if you have the Eaglesoft Columbia 400, you can replace the Avadyne with the flight1 version which appears to be a lot betterGraham

The Flight1 Avidyne system replicates the landscape format of the Entegra system. The Columbia 400 utilizes the portrait format and doesn't exactly fit. HTH!Owen

Awesome, I can put the SR-20 back on my computer now, LOL, no more disappearing naviads and airports.

Hmm, the SR20 does fine on a majority of machines...perhaps you haven't availed yourself of the 2 free upgrades for that aircraft since it was released.The current download includes those upgrades and may be had by simply redownloading and reinstalling with the F1 Wrapper system :-)Oh yes, Owen is correct. In our Columbia 400, the Avidyne Entegra system is Portrait version as opposed to the Landscape version as found in our Cirrus SR20 and SR22 series.Hope this helps.

FSAvidyne has a custom built database that is newer than either FS9 or FSX. And... is not based on either of default databases. Give it a try, I gaurantee it is the most advanced Avidyne system available for FS9 or FSX or your money back. (other than Flight1tech's Avidyne Student)Jim

>FSAvidyne has a custom built database that is newer than both>FS9 or FSX.>>JimLooks like you did a lot of work Jim:-)

>>>Looks like you did a lot of work Jim:-)>I didn't do it alone Ron but thank you, I appreciate it.Best,Jim

Oops, should have mentioned your group too...our best to them as well.

Does this model the actual color terrain mode of the MFD? Might have to pick it up if so... What are the actual limitations on this vs. the real thing? Manual available anywhere?

FSAvidyne does not render color terrain. Avidyne Student does, including terrain warnings, and it displays many other things such as airways, obstacles, including obstacle warnings, special use airspace, tower zones, etc.FSAvidyne is a derivative of the Professional Avidyne Student simulation and was developed to accommodate the FS market price point.The only thing that Avidyne Student does not have with respect to the real units is live NEXRAD and CMax (Electronic Charts)For more information about the Avidyne Student, you can go here:http://www.flight1tech.com

Can the Avadyne student be added to other planes or is it just the 4 in the package?Looks like I will be buying some more Eaglesoft products soon!thanksGraham

>Looks like I will be buying some more Eaglesoft products>soon!>>thanks>GrahamThanks Graham,Remember our Cirrus Series contain "Landscape" Avidyne Entegra Avionics. Our Columbia 400 contains "Portrait" Avidyne Entegra Avionics.Columbia 400 won't accept "Landscape" versions. :-)

>Remember our Cirrus Series contain "Landscape" Avidyne Entegra>Avionics. >Our Columbia 400 contains "Portrait" Avidyne Entegra>Avionics.>Columbia 400 won't accept "Landscape" versions. :-)>>>Very true Ron.I wanted to add that the Flight1 Entegra package is not meant as a competition for Eaglesoft's products that use the Avidyne gauges but an enhancement for those that want even more of the features these advanced electronics gauges are capable of. They do make a perfect marriage with the Eaglesoft Cirrus aircraft plus allow for placement of the Avidyne displays into any MSFS aircraft so the user is only limited by their own imagination.

Understood Zane, we take it as a compliment that users like our aircraft enough to use other vendors products within ours. This way users who don't care about the price differences can obtain what they wish to own :-)

How would this set of gauges compare with the version in, say, the EagleSoft Cirrus SR20/22 in terms of functionality? (Assuming, of course, that they're actually the same systems..)

That's something users need to do their homework on. F1 provides a feature list for their products. Folks need to understand what real Avidynes do and compare between what the Eaglesoft versions accomplish within a a fully integrated package vs what the F1 standalone units provide.

I wish I could find a feature list for the Eaglesoft units so if there is one, post a link. The feature list for the Flight1 FS Avidyne is here:

Hi Zane,Wow! Thanks for the feature list. Also, don't forget that FSAvidyne can be configured for 4 cyl, 6 cyl, twin 4 cyl and twin 6 cyl and possibly a turbo prop in the future. Our included settings manager will let you change almost anything in any configuration including the visible map feature ranges, v-speeds, etc. Its pretty comprehensive. Now, if want full blown bar-non Avidyne functionality,(excluding NEXRAD and CMax) consider the Avidyne Student, nothing compares. Not trying to be cocky. Honest. But we worked on this very intently for over 2 years and very closely with Avidyne and we are pretty proud of what the team has done. And so is Avidyne. Also... our Avidyne Courseware has recieved FAA FITS acceptance. Regards,Jim Rhoads

Zane, we will try to get something cooked up and placed on our site sometime soon..Avidyne is very pleased with what we've accomplished... First ever fully integrated Aircraft with Avidyne Entegra Avionics Packages for Microsoft Flight Simulator.:-) We're pretty busy trying to finish beta testing to get our FSX Piper Twin Comanche out the door at the moment but I'm sure we'll get some time soon.Hope this helps.

So should I get the student version and drop that into the Eaglesoft Cirrus? That would work fine would it?Its good to see developers from different companies discussing things together and not backbiting.ThanksGraham

Does anyone uses it actually?It sure does look very nice, but I wonder which Navdata cycle is included.I asked that question over at Flight1, but they wont say anything about it due to 'competative' reasons. Sounds a bit strange to me, what does it matter if the "competition" knows what Navdata is included.Neither is it clear if they provide Navdata updates in the future.Both issues are a no-go for me at this moment. Hopefully they disclose more info soon.

>Does anyone uses it actually?>It sure does look very nice, but I wonder which Navdata cycle>is included.>I asked that question over at Flight1, but they wont say>anything about it due to 'competative' reasons. >Sounds a bit strange to me, what does it matter if the>"competition" knows what Navdata is included.>Neither is it clear if they provide Navdata updates in the>future.>Both issues are a no-go for me at this moment. Hopefully they>disclose more info soon.> Our navdata is compiled from various sources. Some of which we have to purchase periodically. If you choose not to purchase the product based on our decision not disclose our Nav sources and our methods of compilation, and if that sounds strange to you, then I am sorry about that.Regardless, the included data is more current than FS9 or FSX, it is customized for many reasons and we are looking at offering data updates in the future. Whether this will be free or a moderate cost remains to be seen.Regards,Jim Rhoads