Sign in to follow this  
janar737

9Dragons Has Landed!

One word only......WOW!!!!!!Every once in a while a freeware artist or group pushes the envelope. Rarely does it happen that freeware pushes the payware envelope!!! Congrats team 9Dragons, this is a piece of art and surely will win all kinds of freeware awards, rightfully so!!Still in awe,Petehttp://members.aol.com/pzsoulman/myhomepage/logo.gifGIGABYTE Light 3D Galaxy II Liquid CoolingENERMAX Galaxy EGA850EWL ATX 850W Power SupplyNVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel MoboCore 2 Duo E6700 1066MHz FSB 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775CORSAIR XMS2 2GB SDRAM DDR2 800GeForce 8800GTX 768MB 384-bit GDDR3 PCI ExpressSBlaster X-Fi XtremeMusic 7.12 x Western Digital Raptor 150GB 10000 RPM 16MB Cache SATA Raid01 Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/sWinXP Home SP2CH Yoke/Pedals

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Sorry, but someone had to say it..... could it be made to work in FSX?

Guest cypher

small update on the floating runway problem.i had a closer look inside my FS Directories. even downloaded all Hongkong sceneries that i ever used in order to find something that might cause the "floating" runway problem.still no luck.but what i did notice is that the taxiway signs and the runway seem to be the same ammount BELOW scenery level.e.g. my taxiway signs start right below the lettering and the rest is below ground.anyone has a clou how to fix this and get the runway and signs back up to scenery level ??? as the rest seems to work correct.thx in advance2 images showing what i actually mean.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/182882.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/182883.jpg

Good job guys install went flawlessly no problems what so ever and it is way better than Flightsofts :) KODOS :)1 problem though AI traffis ..i have none :(I have the standard AF2_9D_VHHX_31Closed.bgl put in and there is no AI...Tips please?CheersMike

Mike

Intel 12700k No over clocking 32GB G-Skill 3600 Ram MSI RTX3080

First of all, many thanks to the development team that created this gem. It's mind-boggling to think of the detail that's included here.One question, though - I've got some pretty noticeable wide, low-res, bright-green rectangular bands where the 9 Dragons terrain textures meet the surrounding textures. I'm using BEV for terrain, and a 7600 GT card. Sorry I can't include a picture at the moment. Something wrong with my install?John G.

John G.

>Good job guys install went flawlessly no problems what so>ever and it is way better than Flightsofts :) KODOS :)>>1 problem though AI traffis ..i have none :(>I have the standard AF2_9D_VHHX_31Closed.bgl put in and there>is no AI...Tips please?>>Cheers>Mike>MikePage 36 of the pilot's manual tells you what to do for AI.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Did you read the manual carefully ?It has several references to known issues with textures etc.Perhaps your particular problem is addressed there.

Guest cypher

i went through the entire guide and i doubt that it is a texture problem as elevations of signs and runway should be addressed to a .bgl file if i am not mistaken.

Since no one else seems to have reported the same problem my advice would be as follows:Double and Triple check every step of your Dragon installation.Verify that you did EXACTLY as the instructions specified - i.e. you did NOT rename any of the files you moved (only renamed the original files) and did replace the correct ones (such as HP978230.bgl etc.)And of course confirm that you are using only one of the supplied afcads at a time.I took snapshots of the various installation procedures in the pdf manual and pasted them into a word document so I sould print out only what was needed. This makes is easy to check off each step as it is completed.Let us know if you get it all working correctly.

Guest cypher

Problem Solved ! finallyIt was the hint with the Afcad files.It seemed to be that i used multiple afcad files for that region e.g. VHHH and VHHX and that there was a conflict between those 2 files.So for all that might get the same problem. double check if ur not using multiple afcad files for that specific region.thx mate u made my day :D

You are welcome - always happy to help out.

For Level-D procedures previously mentioned.I think:rename the file VHXX.XML to VHHX.XML and place to FS9Level-D Simulation navdatachange to VHXX.APT to VHHX.XML ?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Hello guys,I have installed scenery,followed the manual,after short time I get g3d.dll error,does anybody has the same problem/solution for that??ThxRado

Rado

i7 4770K@4,1Ghz HT on since release of MSFS
1080 Ti 11GB 
32GB DDR3 RAM
Samsung SSDs