Sign in to follow this  
Guest GREENGRASS

Pc Aviator 's Big Sercret ?

I hope that's not it. I mean...geesh!...I wouldn't even pay my proctologist $4000 for a "renal"...regardless how much I liked him. Ain't no way I'm gonna give anybody at my local FBO $4000 to do that to me. :((Sorry...I knew what you meant...but I couldn't resist!) :(FalconAF

Rick Ryan

Just seen a new thread here ... Possible PCAvaitor Scam ... by the time I opened it, it was gone.The mystery continues :)

Guest Alphahawk3
Just seen a new thread here ... Possible PCAvaitor Scam ... by the time I opened it, it was gone.The mystery continues :)
I have been watching this stuff about PCAviator and saw and read the thread you are talking about....what happend to it?? I was coming back to post and say that"If PCAviator knew that was a bogus website I am sure they would have put out an alert to it". But why the dissapearing thread? I have only followed this a little as I just put it off as a delay....if there was a product to begin with...and we would know when and if they so chose to let us know. But this is beginning to become like a mystery novel...LOL

I believe it was pulled because the OP issued a warning about possible fraudulent activity in connection to the site-- a warning that was completely without merit.

"Even Ozzy's wagging his tail again. Liam who?"

Guys,Dont get too paranoid about things...I have removed this post because people are making accusations without knowing what they are speaking about.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Seems like it might be.
Surely that can't be it. :( That's already been out since Oct and has already been patched/updated a few times. I hope they have something else, beside a plane or a MegaScenery.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Surely that can't be it. :( That's already been out since Oct and has already been patched/updated a few times. I hope they have something else, beside a plane or a MegaScenery.
You sure about that? I've just had a news email from them and it refers to the "long awaited title".

PC Aviator will be well aware of these posts over the last few weeks and I reckon that if they thought the speculation was all getting out of control and leading to possible major disappointment to many of us,they would have somehow stepped in by now .But they have not, which leads me to consider the possibility that there really really might, possibly, maybe-ish be something BIG coming, or not.........regards Jim

Guest kwilson
Gee-20 years ago people complained because there were no addins for fs. Then it graduated to complaining about add ins after they were released. Then it morphed into complaining how long it took for add ons to be released. Now we have graduated to complaining about how add ins are marketed before they have been released.Perhaps all a subliminal wish to convince developers that the low profit margins and constant complaining makes it not worth it for them to develop any, and we can return to a time with no add ins?
My subliminal wish is that software developers stop pretending to be marketers and stick to what they do best (producinfg addons). If a company says something revolutionary is coming out on 1 Dec and it doesn't then what am I supposed to believe? What am I supposed to believe when they say it will be released 2 weeks later and it isn't? They've been wrong twice about the release date but I'm still expected to believe it is the greatest product for FS ever?I'm sorry Geof but I'm sick of software companies promising the world and failing to deliver and not just FS companies. It seems to be a common practice in all software. As others have mentioned there are reasons software is delayed. What I don't understand is why this can't be explained to potential customers. How hard can that be? Take a look at ORBX and their FTX products. They have a forum where they provide info on upcoming projects as well as providing status reports on soon to be released products. What they don't do is provide a release date because they know that it is too easy to miss these dates. What they also do is provide great customer support.Some people are happy to hand over their money for every addon ever released and if it doesn't work or meet there expectations they just write it off. Usually I've had a good run with software but I know at some point I'm going to need customer support. There are a number of companies that I will never deal with ever again because there customer support is disgraceful. With the way this product is being advertised I am starting to have questions about how this company treats it's customers. Even if it is the greatest product ever released I will have second thoughts about spending my money in case I have problems and can't get any support. I don't know about you but I don't like being treated like a mushroom ie kept in the dark and fed ****. This "advertising" campaign has done more harm than good in my opinion and perhaps that is something they need to look at in the future.

Since I don't know what kind of great product this is supposed to be, I've delayed spending for addons until I know what it is. I'm thinking about REX and ASA, but what if this is also a weather engine. I've thought about acquiring specific ground scenery, but what if they are doing that? This is very unfair, not just to simmers but equally to other developers. They better deliver big time, or they will be blamed for curbing the natural flow of year-end addon purchasing. Maybe that is their intent, hmmm? Curt

So who are you mad at? PC Aviator, or the developer of the software? We don't even know WHO to get upset with yet. PC Aviator might just be the marketing (storefront) for whoever is developing it. Look at the initial disgust about REX. Who should bear the brunt of that? The developer, or who they sold it through?Maybe the developer and not PC Aviator is responsible for the "promises" made as to when it would be available for PC Aviator to start selling.I agree...SOMEBODY should step up and give an update about it. But I don't think anybody here right now knows for sure who to hold RESPONSIBLE for it yet.FalconAF

Rick Ryan

You sure about that? I've just had a news email from them and it refers to the "long awaited title".
I guess they mean a long awaited title for them to sell. I have had that plane since it was released in Oct., surely they aren't refereing to that plane as the best thing since flight sim came along.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

today i received an email titled "9 Great Deals & Long Awaited Flight Sim Title" from pc aviator. at the bottom it says "end 2008 with a bang" and shows the boxed version of the F-16 that was released as a download by aerosoft about 1 month ago. now is that the "big bang" that everybody is talking about?

Denis Kosbeck

KPHX