Sign in to follow this  
Guest GREENGRASS

Pc Aviator 's Big Sercret ?

Guest kwilson
So who are you mad at? PC Aviator, or the developer of the software? We don't even know WHO to get upset with yet. PC Aviator might just be the marketing (storefront) for whoever is developing it. Look at the initial disgust about REX. Who should bear the brunt of that? The developer, or who they sold it through?Maybe the developer and not PC Aviator is responsible for the "promises" made as to when it would be available for PC Aviator to start selling.I agree...SOMEBODY should step up and give an update about it. But I don't think anybody here right now knows for sure who to hold RESPONSIBLE for it yet.FalconAF
I'll know who to be mildy uipset at when they release it. Just because I don't know who to be mildy upset at doesn't mean I'm not mildy upset (I'm not losing any sleep over this). If someone robbed your house you'd be pretty damn angry even though you didn't know who the robber was. I'm sure the developer is responsible for what is said but I'm also sure PC Aviator know why the product has been delayed and aren't letting their customers in on the secret (feel like a mushroom yet?)At the moment my bet is on it being something from Megascenery (which is pretty closely aligned with PCavaitor) and probably a tileproxy like server for continental USA (with other regions to follow).

today i received an email titled "9 Great Deals & Long Awaited Flight Sim Title" from pc aviator. at the bottom it says "end 2008 with a bang" and shows the boxed version of the F-16 that was released as a download by aerosoft about 1 month ago. now is that the "big bang" that everybody is talking about?
That was the same email I was referring to above. Apparently it isn't the "big one". What the "big one" is and why nothing has been heard from PCA remains to found out.

Well one thing is for sure, if this thread is any kind of evidence they sure have succeeded in generating a lot of buzz. Is this not the point of marketing? It seems like the marketing tactics of today are simple. Promise something outlandish, allow buzz to generate on the internet then release something that never lives up to the hype. This is true from everything from cell phones to movies.

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Guest ryebred
Well one thing is for sure, if this thread is any kind of evidence they sure have succeeded in generating a lot of buzz.
Generating buzz is only useful if it drives sales. It seems like most people are now waiting around for some great announcement which either will not come or is not as exciting as claimed, thus driving people away. On the other hand, if they do release a stellar product than it will not need buzz to sell as word of mouth will sell it better than any adjective filled pre-marketing hype ever could.

If that is it why on earth don't they just say so rather then telling us a date that passes without anything happening?
I'm not sure what you got out of reading that post as it still does not say what "it" is.Todd

What ever it is I won't buy it until you guys check it out first. I don't like long waits, especially the pre-announced variety.I already have the jet. Is it normal for so many bugs to come with one plane? Oops, hijacking alert!...

So who are you mad at? PC Aviator, or the developer of the software? We don't even know WHO to get upset with yet.
Yes we do. PCAviator made statements that have been shown to be false.

Yes we do. PCAviator made statements that have been shown to be false.
And the last commercial airline flight I took said it was going to depart at 8:03, and we never boarded the aircraft until 8:40. Life sucks sometimes.I'm not concerned about WHEN they get around to announcing it. I am curious as to the possible "hype" of the announcement, as to what kind of "extraordinary change" it's going to bring to FSX.Let's not confuse the two different issues. Maybe the DEVELOPER of the addon (or whatever it is) is holding PCA back...and not PCA. Bottom line is NONE of us know "who" to get upset with yet...or WHY.FalconAF

Rick Ryan

Guest Mower

I myself am hardly upset: I just don't give a darn.Plenty of other quality add-ons floating about (like the PMDG MD-11) and the soon to be released FS Passengers for FSX.

That may be true but irelevant. We don't know their size - I don't remember this, or any other, site announcing by the way we're a one man and a dog operation, so don't expect anything from us.If a developer sells its products then it needs to realise it's now playing in the big boys world and that these sort of excuses (or non-excuses) aren't really acceptable.
In the FS development world there is no 'big boys world'. If there were, you couldn't afford the cost of the addons.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Guest Mower
In the FS development world there is no 'big boys world'. If there were, you couldn't afford the cost of the addons.
True: because those "big boy" companies would be saddled with a bloated, useless, sycophantic bureaucracy.

True: because those "big boy" companies would be saddled with a bloated, useless, sycophantic bureaucracy.
It's called management. ;) :(

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69