Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest darksiede

Flight1 Mustang Out Soon

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Likely to be released today/tomorrow, keen eyes will notice the change on this page:http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=f1mustangEye's not so keen, when the box in the upper right corner changed as it did today, to now say:Download Coming Soon!It means like.. soon..~Kev
I just got an email saying its ready now and has link to the flight1 downloader!Anyone got this yet? What's the FPS like?

I just got an email saying its ready now and has link to the flight1 downloader!Anyone got this yet? What's the FPS like?
Go to mustang.flight1.net to get your link

I think you are jumping the gun...Your virtual Mustang can be viewed... but the FSX one is not ready (yet) as best I can tell.Stunning screenshots BTW

I think you are jumping the gun...Your virtual Mustang can be viewed... but the FSX one is not ready (yet) as best I can tell.Stunning screenshots BTW
Hi Bert, we did just release. The http://mustang.flight1.net site has the link. We have to get all these pages updated.Steve

Well, I downloaded it. I think they are only allowing downloads from individuals who signed up for the Citation. I got a special link in an e-mail. I bought it and tried flying it but will have to read the manual. FPS look good!Jim

Well, I downloaded it. I think they are only allowing downloads from individuals who signed up for the Citation. I got a special link in an e-mail. I bought it and tried flying it but will have to read the manual. FPS look good!Jim
Hi Jim,Everyone can get it now. We sent out the notification mail to the members first, and then worked on updating the sites. We are planning the official press release now.Steve

Wow I'm interested to hear how hard that Garmin pit is on the frame rate.

Wow I'm interested to hear how hard that Garmin pit is on the frame rate.
Yes me too! For $55 USD ($80 AUD) its a lot of money that i dont want to spend if the FPS are not good. I have q6600, pmdg md11 runs smooth (eye candy turned down) so I would hope the mustang is at least as smooth!

Yes me too! For $55 USD ($80 AUD) its a lot of money that i dont want to spend if the FPS are not good. I have q6600, pmdg md11 runs smooth (eye candy turned down) so I would hope the mustang is at least as smooth!
Why? Flight1 has always refunded if not satisfied in 30 days.Jim

Why? Flight1 has always refunded if not satisfied in 30 days.Jim
I just got it and I am amazed-quality is apparent on every corner and nook and cranny. Just took it for a quick spin-simply amazing-wish greatly I didn't have a social event to leave for right now. As for fps-with as complex a beast this is, g1000 and all-saw very small hit in 2d-and about 8fps in the 3d view with my present fairly maxed out fsx settings on a e6750. Absolutely amazing considering all that is modelled in this. The instruments are smooothh-something I absolutely require. It is rare a product exceeds my expectations-but this one sure has. Can't wait to get into it more! Absolutely top quality-thanks to all on the team that made this one-we are lucky simmers!

I just got it and I am amazed-quality is apparent on every corner and nook and cranny. Just took it for a quick spin-simply amazing-wish greatly I didn't have a social event to leave for right now. As for fps-with as complex a beast this is, g1000 and all-saw very small hit in 2d-and about 8fps in the 3d view with my present fairly maxed out fsx settings on a e6750. Absolutely amazing considering all that is modelled in this. The instruments are smooothh-something I absolutely require. It is rare a product exceeds my expectations-but this one sure has. Can't wait to get into it more! Absolutely top quality-thanks to all on the team that made this one-we are lucky simmers!
Thanks Geof,Jim

Ditto the experience...Beautiful airplane and without reading the manual (oops) took it out of KTPA and backfor an ILS landing.FPS are good on my system. Q6600, 2GB RAM, 8600GTS.

Ditto the experience...Beautiful airplane and without reading the manual (oops) took it out of KTPA and backfor an ILS landing.FPS are good on my system. Q6600, 2GB RAM, 8600GTS.
Nice screenshot... That is the VC or 2d panel?
Flight1 has always refunded if not satisfied in 30 days.
Good point! I will have to give it a try after work.
Looking forward to some more feedback when you're back in! Sounds like this product is a winner.

Nice screenshot... That is the VC or 2d panel?
This is the VC.BTW, now that I've had a look at the manual, it is clear to me that we are into a wholenew world of FSX goodness. :( Maybe I can now start to put my alltime complex GA favorite, the FS2002 Piper Meridian, behind me..

Maybe I can now start to put my alltime complex GA favorite, the FS2002 Piper Meridian, behind me..
You sure can Burt. This makes the Meridian look like child's play and that is a pretty bold statement. But we are talking 6 years and moving forward. The Mustang is deep. Very deep.You will keep finding things for days on end....Enjoy. Jim

This is the VC.BTW, now that I've had a look at the manual, it is clear to me that we are into a wholenew world of FSX goodness. :( Maybe I can now start to put my alltime complex GA favorite, the FS2002 Piper Meridian, behind me..
Wait till you start messing with the autopilot features like FLC, the go around button on the throttle works (2d and VC), full WAAS approaches which can be flown by the autopilot. You can take a G1000 familiarization course and pretty much follow along with this bird. No small feat when you consider that it doesn't hit the frame rates hard. I kept asking Jim how he did it, he just smiles and nods his head.

Wait till you start messing with the autopilot features like FLC, the go around button on the throttle works (2d and VC), full WAAS approaches which can be flown by the autopilot. You can take a G1000 familiarization course and pretty much follow along with this bird. No small feat when you consider that it doesn't hit the frame rates hard. I kept asking Jim how he did it, he just smiles and nods his head.
That should be how "we" did it. I have a good team of men including the testers. I truly hope everyone digs into this product to see how much it offers. Almost every little thing works. It really is the definitive Biz jet for FSX. (At least we think so anyway and I admit I am a bit partial) :(

Since frame rates are a function of PC hardware you need to compare apples to apples.Craig

Gawd dang it. I am here in Hartford,CT instead of DFW (my home) ...and I can't test this until late Thur or Friday. Oh well! Someone mentioned the F1 Piper Meridian.. I so agree. That was an awesome aircraft including that mind blowing sound. Those were my initial flight simming/Payware days. After trying out the Dreamfleets Piper Archer (My first payware), I got the F1's Meridian that got me hooked on simming , payware and real world flying. :( Manny

Is the Mustang certified for single pilot ops?
Absolutely. That is what the Mustang is "all" about.Jim

Certified for single pilot ops? Yes, indeed, Bryan. That's one of Cessna's big selling points. :(