Sign in to follow this  
cmpbellsjc

What Sceneries To Buy Next?

This week/weekend I have treated myself to the following airport addons:Aerosoft's:Madeira XCologne/BonnHannoverDortmundMunster/Osnabruck Leipzig/HalleRGFlight's SalzburgUK2000 Gatwick ExtremeCloud9's Orlando KMCOAnd last week I bought FSDreamteam Zurich and Geneva.I am considering getting FlyTampa's Kai Tak since I love their stuff, but not sure how often I would actually fly there, except maybe just do touch and go's. What are some other good airports for FSX that I have missed, not counting the GA stuff? I am mostly interested in larger regional or international hubs. I also considered the FSDreamteam KORD and KJFK but I don't care much for that part of the US. It seems that there are lots of good Euro airports out but not so much for the US.Thanks in advance for opinions on new airports to get.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

If your machine can handle 15 cm textures (!) try Melbourne (airline hub) or Jandakot (GAs) from FTX. Come to think of it, get anything from FTX!

If your machine can handle 15 cm textures (!) try Melbourne (airline hub) or Jandakot (GAs) from FTX. Come to think of it, get anything from FTX!
Yeah, I almost forgot about the FTX stuff. I never fly in Austrialia, but their stuff would give me good reason to. I can't wait until they release some stuff for the US. I know they are doing the Pacific Northwest first, another area that I don't really fly in, but maybe after they do it I will reconsider. I really wish someone would do Ontario (KONT), Palm Springs (KPSP), Albuquerque (KABQ), Tucson (KTUS) Ft. Lauderdale (KFLL), Tampa (KTPA). Ray Smith did a really good ADE of Tucson and Ft. Lauderdale with objects, so that will hold me over for now.Thanks for the input.

I've got most of the scenery's you mentioned plus FSDT's KJFK and KORD, but once I got FTX and all the goodies that go along with it I haven't looked back! I actually did a clean install and left everything else out, its really that good :(

I've got most of the scenery's you mentioned plus FSDT's KJFK and KORD, but once I got FTX and all the goodies that go along with it I haven't looked back! I actually did a clean install and left everything else out, its really that good :(
Really John? You just fly in Austrialia now? It must be pretty good then, but I can imagine ditching all my sceneries and only flying in one country. It took me from April when I first installed FSX, until about a month ago to finally start flying in South America and Europe :( BTW, how was the performance with the KORD from FSDreamteam? I may consider that one, but don't really fly the northeast much.

Really John? You just fly in Austrialia now? It must be pretty good then, but I can imagine ditching all my sceneries and only flying in one country.
Why don't you download and try the free FTX Tasmania scenery... Fully functional 16,000 square kilometers with a highly detailed regional airport (YMLT) thrown in for nix...Go here... FTX Free stuffCheers,

Speaking of the "I wish somebody would do...." list. I wish somebody would do the Ft. Lauderdale and Miami beaches and various hotel strips in a manner that they really deserve. Where else in the world do you have about 50+ continuous miles of almost constant hotels. motels, and high-rise condo's on all sides of a major league ocean front boulevard, with a very beautiful and adjacent inland waterway to boot all along the way. It's a great place in the world, and in my opinion deserves better than FS gives it. I'd buy it !This is one of my favorite areas to fly in slow GA aircraft. But I have to really use my imagination.Bob (Las Cruces, NM.)

Really John? You just fly in Austrialia now? It must be pretty good then, but I can imagine ditching all my sceneries and only flying in one country. It took me from April when I first installed FSX, until about a month ago to finally start flying in South America and Europe :( BTW, how was the performance with the KORD from FSDreamteam? I may consider that one, but don't really fly the northeast much.
I do! I can hardly believe it myself being such an add-on junkie LOL There's just something about the consistency of the terrain that feels so right. My biggest gripe with add-on airports and scenery add-ons in general is their blending into the surrounding areas, with FTX even the default airports are blended in. I will say if your into flying at FL300+ its not gonna do much for you, I still use Fs9 for that but with FSX I've gotten down low slow :( FSDT's KORD runs pretty good on my machine with 50% AI, I was actually pleasantly surprised. Its KJFK that gives me fits!

Speaking of the "I wish somebody would do...." list. I wish somebody would do the Ft. Lauderdale and Miami beaches and various hotel strips in a manner that they really deserve. Where else in the world do you have about 50+ continuous miles of almost constant hotels. motels, and high-rise condo's on all sides of a major league ocean front boulevard, with a very beautiful and adjacent inland waterway to boot all along the way. It's a great place in the world, and in my opinion deserves better than FS gives it. I'd buy it !This is one of my favorite areas to fly in slow GA aircraft. But I have to really use my imagination.Bob (Las Cruces, NM.)
I believe Tyler Newport already did Miami, but I'm not sure if it includes Ft. Lauderdale. What I would like to see is commercial products for a lot of Florida that include the four seasons (not that the seasons change much of Florida) and night terrain.

Guest gooper

is that u in the picture? if so WOW!

Yeah Bob that was in my second post. I am really wanting a detailed Ft. Lauderdale and the beaches all the way down to south beach. It would be really cool if someone would do a south beach in the detail of Aerosoft's Monaco X. I exchanged email with a developer from Blue Print last week and he said that they are going to do a KFLL in the future if no one beats them to it.
is that u in the picture? if so WOW!
Were you directing that post at me? If so, sorry it's not me, it's my girlfriend. She is my other love beside avaition, golfing, and snow skiing. She thinks I spend way too much time on flight sim stuff so I told her I would use her pic as my avatar so that I would have her in mind while view reading Avsim at least. Didn't really work though, she still thinks I am on Avsim too much and simming to much. Too bad I can't get her interested, tried many times.

Guest Alphahawk3
Yeah Bob that was in my second post. I am really wanting a detailed Ft. Lauderdale and the beaches all the way down to south beach. It would be really cool if someone would do a south beach in the detail of Aerosoft's Monaco X. I exchanged email with a developer from Blue Print last week and he said that they are going to do a KFLL in the future if no one beats them to it.Were you directing that post at me? If so, sorry it's not me, it's my girlfriend. She is my other love beside avaition, golfing, and snow skiing. She thinks I spend way too much time on flight sim stuff so I told her I would use her pic as my avatar so that I would have her in mind while view reading Avsim at least. Didn't really work though, she still thinks I am on Avsim too much and simming to much. Too bad I can't get her interested, tried many times.
I don't have any ideas about scenery....looking for some ideas for myself....but I can chime in on the FTX scenery. I have all of them and while it was never my choice to fly 90 percent of my time in Australia their product is so good when you use it I just do not want to fly other places. I am all GA so it is a good fit for me. I have two good bush planes and that fits in well with flying the FTX series....but am looking for some good bush type scenery in North America....but as one said in the post here the airports in FTX blend so well with their scenery it looks fantastic....even the airports they don't do that you can get for free are designed to blend in with FTX scenery....quite a good deal. I tried the new MegaScenery Earth but not a good package in my opinion....I guess it depends on the tiles you buy.....the location. If anyone knows of some good PNW bush scenery would like to hear about it. Regards

...and now Orbx has released the final region in their Australian scenery series, you can fly over the whole of the Continent of Australia in glorious FTX goodness

FTX Australia is the only scenery that reminds of Holger's Alaska series. I fly locally in the US during the winter days and a beautiful summer day in Australia at night. Makes a wonderful distraction from crummy winter weather.Bob..