Sign in to follow this  
Guest mephix

Skysimulations Douglas DC9

HelloI must say I am liking this aircraft the more I use it.VC graphics are not up there with the best, but at least it has some system modeling going onwhich I prefer over a eye candy only sim.Still got a few functions left to set up with Goflight stuff using Fsuipc button programming and mouse macros.This is what worked out of the box using just GFconfigGF-166 handles com1 and nav1 without problemGF-46 handles Transponder , ADF , com2, nav2, altimeter, dme1, dme2 without problemGF-48 buttons are controling GF-46 functions, the rotaries I haven't mapped yet.GF-MCP advanced AP is a mixed bag, so far I have gotThrough GFconfig:AP Master, AP Disengage, CRS , HDG, IAS/Mach Speed rotaries all working fine.Through FSUIPC mouse macros:ALT selectStill trying to get VS wheel mapped although the panel does update the goflight VS display ok

Guest Hardwater
HelloI must say I am liking this aircraft the more I use it.VC graphics are not up there with the best, but at least it has some system modeling going onwhich I prefer over a eye candy only sim.Still got a few functions left to set up with Goflight stuff using Fsuipc button programming and mouse macros.This is what worked out of the box using just GFconfigGF-166 handles com1 and nav1 without problemGF-46 handles Transponder , ADF , com2, nav2, altimeter, dme1, dme2 without problemGF-48 buttons are controling GF-46 functions, the rotaries I haven't mapped yet.GF-MCP advanced AP is a mixed bag, so far I have gotThrough GFconfig:AP Master, AP Disengage, CRS , HDG, IAS/Mach Speed rotaries all working fine.Through FSUIPC mouse macros:ALT selectStill trying to get VS wheel mapped although the panel does update the goflight VS display ok
Thats good stuff, From what I can tell, they only have minor programming bugs , but I could really use a texture upgrade in the VC. I emailed them this morning about the repaints but I know they have them and I know they are coming. But all in all I think this is gonna be a great aircraft.

I emailed then the minor bugs that i found in my upper reply in this topic (Most in the lights system), two days ago. I expect that they look forward it. If so, this aircraft is going to be great, i believe.If you people can say, are you getting very good FPS using this A/C? In busy airports that i was getting 10/12 FPs, with the DC9 i

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

HelloI am getting good FPS with this aircraft as well, just wish they would hurry up and release the paints though.

My point of reference for the airplane is the Iron Knuckles version from Flight 1 (not available for FSX, unfortunately). Anybody remember that one that has this and would care to compare? That one used to be my favorite airplane.

When I try to GET this DC-9, the buy process is in Spanish or non-English. What am I doing wrong. Where do I go to buy this aircrart so that I can process my order in English? Have any of you had this issue? (SkySimulations)Stan

Is that with Simmarket.com?Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Well, I'll be repainting mine later. So there's one repaint at least. :( Al
Maybe we could trouble you for a Delta livery since NW is going away. I'm waiting for the FS9 version myself; There shouldn't be a problem with repaints crossing over from the newer sim to the older one...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

More repaints? LOL I'm till trying to find reference for that Blue Skyway Continental paint job..Still, the good thing about the Sky Simulations DC-9 is that it has an SAS paint scheme, which is dead easy to butcher so that you have a white aeroplane to start off from...rex9.jpgAl

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Bought and tested.My first impressions are good, but I have a few of gripes:1. RAT gauge is hard to read. Needs to be "clickable" so that it "pops out" and can be read.2. I confirm what others have said, overhead brightness adjustment knobs acts more like TOGA power.3. Altitude "alert" on autopilot does not have acquire mode (as it should, at least with later models).4. Turn knob (aka bank hold) is inoperative.5. The -40/-50 models are lacking the auxillary fuel tank.6. Stall speed seems close, but a bit high.7. Power envelope needs slight adjustment (too much on high end, not enough on low end).8. Seems to "bleed speed" more than expected in standard banks.Exterior models looks nice, most systems are modeled, and you can choose the panel color with the livery installer (I presume every livery can have it's own panel color). I don't care for VCs, so I haven't tested them in this model. 2D panel isn't stunning, but it's not bad.I did notice that they "textured" the side windows, so, if you're in 2D mode and look to the side, there can be a slight delay (depending upon your system) while that "texture" is drawn (including the transparency to see out the window). Not an aircraft bug per se, but something I've noticed is the "norm" in FSX.Overall, if you're considering purchasing this, I would not be afraid to do so. I think a SP would resolve most of the issues which, overall, are minor compared to other packages I've purchased from other vendors.

My point of reference for the airplane is the Iron Knuckles version from Flight 1 (not available for FSX, unfortunately). Anybody remember that one that has this and would care to compare? That one used to be my favorite airplane.
Hello TimThe F1 Iron Knuckles was a favorite of mine too, that is why I was looking forward to this one .The Skysimulations DC-9 reminds me very much of the old Iron Knuckles but with a few more systems addedand a more interactive VC with some subtle reflections on the side windows.While not as system intensive as say the LevelD or PMDG stuff you wont get far just firewalling the throttles on this one, there is enough in the systems department to make getting going from a cold and dark interesting.There is enough in the systems department to make getting going from a cold and dark interesting.The VC textures are in a sort of edited photoreal style which could do with sharpening up a bit, but I am running it on a 27" screen so it probably would be due to my screen size and 1920x1200 res.If you like old DC-9's then you should like this one.

Bought and tested.My first impressions are good, but I have a few of gripes:1. RAT gauge is hard to read. Needs to be "clickable" so that it "pops out" and can be read.2. I confirm what others have said, overhead brightness adjustment knobs acts more like TOGA power.3. Altitude "alert" on autopilot does not have acquire mode (as it should, at least with later models).4. Turn knob (aka bank hold) is inoperative.5. The -40/-50 models are lacking the auxillary fuel tank.6. Stall speed seems close, but a bit high.7. Power envelope needs slight adjustment (too much on high end, not enough on low end).8. Seems to "bleed speed" more than expected in standard banks.Exterior models looks nice, most systems are modeled, and you can choose the panel color with the livery installer (I presume every livery can have it's own panel color). I don't care for VCs, so I haven't tested them in this model. 2D panel isn't stunning, but it's not bad.I did notice that they "textured" the side windows, so, if you're in 2D mode and look to the side, there can be a slight delay (depending upon your system) while that "texture" is drawn (including the transparency to see out the window). Not an aircraft bug per se, but something I've noticed is the "norm" in FSX.Overall, if you're considering purchasing this, I would not be afraid to do so. I think a SP would resolve most of the issues which, overall, are minor compared to other packages I've purchased from other vendors.
HelloIf you haven't already done so could you forward this list to "support@skysimulations.com"If this addon gets a few small things ironed out it will be a very nice aircraft.

Guest Hardwater

I forwarded those bugs to them,Heres some pics at DTW in my Favorite "old" airline with my favorite plane. She's getting ready.fsscr000s.jpgfsscr005p.jpg

If you haven't already done so could you forward this list to "support@skysimulations.com"
That was the first place I posted it. :(
Heres some pics at DTW in my Favorite "old" airline with my favorite plane. She's getting ready.
I think you need to update your AFCAD. The McNamara terminal is south of you. :(

Guest Hardwater
That was the first place I posted it. :( I think you need to update your AFCAD. The McNamara terminal is south of you. :(
Ya I do, back in the day they used to park em there if there was room. How do I update the afcad?