Sign in to follow this  
Guest mephix

Skysimulations Douglas DC9

Check around, I'm sure someone has done one.If not, use a scenery editing program like FSX Planner or Airport Design Editor and you can easily change the parking assignments for the gates.Also, I have the DC-9-51 paint for this bird now. Just took the -41 textures and moved them around to fit. If anyone wants them, drop me a PM. I would upload them but, eh...library... :(

Just curious since I have not yet pulled the trigger on this DC-9, but every year or so (sometimes more often) I reinstall all of my flight sim programs on two different computers. Per the FAQ's on Skysim's website, you only get three activations per order. I would like to buy this program but I am concerned that if I had to do a couple of reinstalls that I would no longer be able to activate this aircraft. Also, is anyone certain that if you buy this program it works with both FSX and FS9 (or will at some point) without having to buy two separate products? If anyone could shed some light on this it would be most appreciated. This aircarft really looks great but I would hate to spend $45 and then end up with nothing in a year or so. Thanks in advance for any help.

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

Guest Hardwater
Just curious since I have not yet pulled the trigger on this DC-9, but every year or so (sometimes more often) I reinstall all of my flight sim programs on two different computers. Per the FAQ's on Skysim's website, you only get three activations per order. I would like to buy this program but I am concerned that if I had to do a couple of reinstalls that I would no longer be able to activate this aircraft. Also, is anyone certain that if you buy this program it works with both FSX and FS9 (or will at some point) without having to buy two separate products? If anyone could shed some light on this it would be most appreciated. This aircarft really looks great but I would hate to spend $45 and then end up with nothing in a year or so. Thanks in advance for any help.
The FS9 version is not released yet, don't have a date on that but should be relatively soon. They also would not hold their customers to only 3 activations per purchase but I am having a problem getting my Maddog reactivated so who knows.

I am having a problem getting my Maddog reactivated so who knows.
Their server went down last weekend, but it was up by Monday. ... and yes I want this DC-9; it looks pretty darned good - but the systems functionality needs to be as good as, or better than that of the Maddog.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Hello Paulthe MD 80 series has more going on in the systems in real life than an old DC-9It has a sperry SP-50A autopilot, It navigates from vor to vor.Different Aircraft, the Maddog has probably more systems modeled and is arguably the best MD sim available.The Skysimulations DC-9 is the best DC-9 sim available at the moment.Could Leonardo, LevelD, PMDG do a better one?, without a doubt.But if you want a DC-9 with enough system complexity to keep it interesting , what else is out there.

Mad dog,We chatted when the DC-9 first came out and had problems with the installer. It looks the responses in the forum have me set to purchase now. Thanks! I agree with you on the Leonardo MD. I've had it for a couple of weeks and I have not even taken off yet. I am taking my time learning the systems inside and out. Some days with some planes I just want to click the FSX icon and fly and other days I want detailed systems.Keith

Keith Guillory

Guest angola

Hi guyscan tell if someone has a problem with engine start?I can not put the engines run!

Have you read the Tutorial PDF? It takes you through the necessary steps and is pretty comprehensive (see from page 17 onwards).Note that you will either have to have the APU running and all the bleeds set up correctly, or you can use external power, but the ground power unit alone will only provide electrical services and you will need to also request the air starter, in order to have the necessary compressed air to crank the engines over (you can get that air starter from the MODS pop up 2D panel, which is where you also request the electrical power cart).If you are someone who does not like reading manuals, a good trick with aircraft that are new to you, and which you might be having difficulty starting, is to simply observe the switch positions when you hit Control+E to start the engines. Doing that will usually reveal how you should be setting up the overhead switches.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Guest Hardwater
Have you read the Tutorial PDF? It takes you through the necessary steps and is pretty comprehensive (see from page 17 onwards).Note that you will either have to have the APU running and all the bleeds set up correctly, or you can use external power, but the ground power unit alone will only provide electrical services and you will need to also request the air starter, in order to have the necessary compressed air to crank the engines over (you can get that air starter from the MODS pop up 2D panel, which is where you also request the electrical power cart).If you are someone who does not like reading manuals, a good trick with aircraft that are new to you, and which you might be having difficulty starting, is to simply observe the switch positions when you hit Control+E to start the engines. Doing that will usually reveal how you should be setting up the overhead switches.Al
They have checklists and a tutorial which they provide which you should run through atleast a couple times. Hey guys I got a buglist I need some confirmation on. Ailerons on ground flex to position when servos engaged on ground.Start switch sticks on in dc-9-50, mainly the left one. When online no officer call outs. Rudder flutters after hydraulics are applied. Nose light does not move with nose gear. Thanks

Guest angola

I followed all the steps of the tutorial .... and also know the mode of operation of aircraft. I have a friend who is real pilot of the DC-9.I think my plane loses energy even with the APU or external power connected because the instruments and the lights (no nav lights) appear as if it had no energy.Rolling%20Eyes.gif

I followed all the steps of the tutorial .... and also know the mode of operation of aircraft. I have a friend who is real pilot of the DC-9.I think my plane loses energy even with the APU or external power connected because the instruments and the lights (no nav lights) appear as if it had no energy.Rolling%20Eyes.gif
In one of my previous posts i said that the external lights don

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

It may be the problem that afflicts a few FS add-ons, where the fuel cut off switches are jammed when you load it up. Similarly the avionics can jam on some FS add-ons. I normally assign keys to those things and hit them a few times when the aircraft loads up, and it seems to unstick things. I don't recall having had to do it with the SS DC-9 (but I always have to do it with the Ariane 737 for example), so it may be worth a shot. You could also try going with the good old 'load up a default Cessna first' trick, which also seems to unstick things a lot with FS add-ons.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Guest angola

I have to install the repaint of AEROPOSTAL?

I think my plane loses energy even with the APU or external power connected because the instruments and the lights (no nav lights) appear as if it had no energy
Try resetting the APU Bus and make sure APU power is selected to both the left and right sides.Also, if you are on ground power or running from the generators, the APU power buses should kick out.