Sign in to follow this  

We NEED an Airbus

Sorry but Airbus in my opinion...no way, the market is already packed, and all good developers investing on Airbus is a waste of money in many ways...there is still many holes of the Boeing fleet missing on MSFS like: 777,757,787,747-8(to make the 777 and 757 would take almost a decade or more so there would be many information about the 787 and 747-8)and they could also make the Mcdonnel Douglas' "maddog" and the previous variants of the 737, and 767 is actually possible because the overhead of the 767 of leveld for fsx is creepy...lack of work on that part of the aircraft but otherwise it is a great plane I have to accept...I know there is a possibility of people being against my opinion but it is part of human rights to give my opinion...and I can complete this that I am a boeing freak...if I had an airline I wouldn't even think of a possibility from a deal with airbus...I would even deny myself to go in a A340-300 from Air Canada to Brazil on my vacations and take a flight from American Airlines with its 777s or wait until the 767-300ER from Air Canada were back into the route(and they are back!).anyways it is my opinion.

Sorry but Airbus in my opinion...no way, the market is already packed, and all good developers investing on Airbus is a waste of money in many ways...there is still many holes of the Boeing fleet missing on MSFS like: 777,757,787,747-8(to make the 777 and 757 would take almost a decade or more so there would be many information about the 787 and 747-8)and they could also make the Mcdonnel Douglas' "maddog" and the previous variants of the 737, and 767 is actually possible because the overhead of the 767 of leveld for fsx is creepy...lack of work on that part of the aircraft but otherwise it is a great plane I have to accept...I know there is a possibility of people being against my opinion but it is part of human rights to give my opinion...and I can complete this that I am a boeing freak...if I had an airline I wouldn't even think of a possibility from a deal with airbus...I would even deny myself to go in a A340-300 from Air Canada to Brazil on my vacations and take a flight from American Airlines with its 777s or wait until the 767-300ER from Air Canada were back into the route(and they are back!).anyways it is my opinion.
You say the market is saturated for PMDG/LDS Airbus products.........Name One.;).of course you have the right to your opinion, But the Market for Airbus is under-developed. Airsimmer will be the first "Large Leap" into that one. and depending on whether or not PMDG Do one, they would be the second Large leap *This isn't to say one would be necessarily better than the other*.Maddog is done, Google "Fly the Mad Dog 2008" < It's done very nicely.767/757 is Daryl's Market *Level D*, Most everyone who considers them self a high end simmer has the 767, and will undoubtedly buy the 757 when released, the people flying this aren't interested how pretty it is - most of them want functionality which is exactly what LDS/PMDG Deliver, LSH is pretty close behind them - and airsimmer is reaching for the same thing.as far as the so in your list that leaves, a 777......a 787......and a 747-8.......the 777, Yes that's a Legit "hole" in the market. The 787 and 747 are Not do-able as it stands, Neither one has flown, No Data of the airplanes actual performance figures are available, and Good luck finding a Pilot who can work with you during the development *Rather you would want SEVERAL Pilots*so.......boeing, Advanced simulations - We have; the 727*Dreamfleet*, the 737-200 *Tinmouse* the 737-300/400/500 *Wilco's best product ever done as a matter of fact*, the 737-600/700/800/900 by PMDG, the 747-400 by PMDG, the 757-200 by LDS *To be released*, the 767-300 *By LDS*........That's a pretty big Boeing Market wouldn't you say?Mcdonnel Douglas, Advanced Simulations - we have, the LSH Maddog/ OR the coolsky *Take your pick*, and the PMDG MD-11.Airbus.......Nadda, well the Wilco stuff, all poorly done *Bad Fly By wire, bad performance, No Ecam, no functional hydraulics/electrical etc.*.....I'd say the Boeing market has very few holes, you can fly just about any boeing you want besides the 777, the 717, the 707 and 787 *For Obvious Reasons*the Airbus Market is pretty much wide open for the taking, A320, A330, and A340.........Hell lets add the A300/310 in there too. Airsimmer so far is nearly done with the A320 family.....what about the 330/340 and the A300/310?

the Airbus Market is pretty much wide open for the taking, A320, A330, and A340.........Hell lets add the A300/310 in there too. Airsimmer so far is nearly done with the A320 family.....what about the 330/340 and the A300/310?
+1

Matthew S

I personally support whatever PMDG produces.
Amen.After years of simming, I've finally come to the point where I don't longer accept buggy products. And if you strip all these out, you end up with only a handful of really usable add-ons. Everything else is simply speaking more or less crap. I no longer have the time or energy to hassle with unmature software, so i stick with the small number of great developers like PMDG and get whatever they bring to market. The choice is extremely small, so there's little to no alternative for me. Hope the NGX has a 2D panel, guess that plane will become my workhorse...Airbus is a neglected area, no doubt, there's not a single good plane from that family for FSX. They rule the market together with Boeing, but in FSX, we have zero choice!Being at it: I guess it would make sense for a developer to produce a top class EMB-170/190 series...Andreas

What we need is a BOEING 777!!!
I'll second that motion whole-heartedly.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Hi to all at PMDG, firstly thanks for all your superb products that i really do have loads of fun with, secondly i know this has probably come up loads of times but WHEN YOU GONNA MAKE US A BUS PMDG STYLE!!!!!!!!!!!. :( Chris
Already and surfacing before the end of August ;)

Dave Taylor gb.png

I'll second that motion whole-heartedly.
From a business standpoint, a PMDG 777 would be a sound decision. In terms of sales, it would make a killing. Every major airline around the globe operates the triple, so PMDG could expect high volume sales globally due to familiarity and poplularity of the airplane. Of equal importance, there is no competition in the market. (The PSS 777 is terrible, so it doesn't count.) Ryan Maziarz has stated that the 777 cockpit systems are similar to the 747-400, so they could save money on product development but still charge $60-70 USD.

I belive that aerosoft is already making an A320, so they should be able to fill that hole. Also what about the A380? I know wilco has made one but it's only so-so.

You say the market is saturated for PMDG/LDS Airbus products.........Name One.;).of course you have the right to your opinion, But the Market for Airbus is under-developed. Airsimmer will be the first "Large Leap" into that one. and depending on whether or not PMDG Do one, they would be the second Large leap *This isn't to say one would be necessarily better than the other*.Maddog is done, Google "Fly the Mad Dog 2008" < It's done very nicely.767/757 is Daryl's Market *Level D*, Most everyone who considers them self a high end simmer has the 767, and will undoubtedly buy the 757 when released, the people flying this aren't interested how pretty it is - most of them want functionality which is exactly what LDS/PMDG Deliver, LSH is pretty close behind them - and airsimmer is reaching for the same thing.as far as the so in your list that leaves, a 777......a 787......and a 747-8.......the 777, Yes that's a Legit "hole" in the market. The 787 and 747 are Not do-able as it stands, Neither one has flown, No Data of the airplanes actual performance figures are available, and Good luck finding a Pilot who can work with you during the development *Rather you would want SEVERAL Pilots*so.......boeing, Advanced simulations - We have; the 727*Dreamfleet*, the 737-200 *Tinmouse* the 737-300/400/500 *Wilco's best product ever done as a matter of fact*, the 737-600/700/800/900 by PMDG, the 747-400 by PMDG, the 757-200 by LDS *To be released*, the 767-300 *By LDS*........That's a pretty big Boeing Market wouldn't you say?Mcdonnel Douglas, Advanced Simulations - we have, the LSH Maddog/ OR the coolsky *Take your pick*, and the PMDG MD-11.Airbus.......Nadda, well the Wilco stuff, all poorly done *Bad Fly By wire, bad performance, No Ecam, no functional hydraulics/electrical etc.*.....I'd say the Boeing market has very few holes, you can fly just about any boeing you want besides the 777, the 717, the 707 and 787 *For Obvious Reasons*the Airbus Market is pretty much wide open for the taking, A320, A330, and A340.........Hell lets add the A300/310 in there too. Airsimmer so far is nearly done with the A320 family.....what about the 330/340 and the A300/310?
Well i have to say,.... well said. There is a huge gap in the market for a well made Airbus and i have to say that Airsimmers looks fantastic from what ive seen so far. We are spoilt for choice with boeing products apart from the 777 and there are some of us who like a change of what we fly. IMHO i think there are plenty of us to warrent a high end Airbus product and thats one of the beauties of this hobbie, variation!!!Chris

Chris Howard

Turn the clock back to something like a Lockheed Super Constellation. John

Anyone thinking about the A300/A310? The FBW Airbuses are pretty much covered by Airsimmer and NLS and IMO PMDG would be too late to the market. However the SSW A310 is getting pretty old.Or maybe the 747 Classic?

with the wilcoairbus family you can appreciate a bit the flight philosophy of the airbus fleet, but as said there is no a full simulated airbus in the market and i think all of we know pretty well the phylosophy of boeing...

Guest csandel

I used to fly Wilco airbus A32X before I bought the PMDG 744 last year. Since then, I've NEVER returned to the Airbus add on: to me now it looks like an improved version of the childish Airbus which comes with FSX, nothing more. :( We definitely need an A320 up to the standards of PMDG.Chris Sandel

Anyone thinking about the A300/A310? The FBW Airbuses are pretty much covered by Airsimmer and NLS and IMO PMDG would be too late to the market. However the SSW A310 is getting pretty old.Or maybe the 747 Classic?
ohhhh... an good old "clock" cockpit would be fine... dreams would come true :) - but i think we ARE to late, only a handfull people would like it...(?)

Reg

Klaus

from LOWG