Sign in to follow this  

We NEED an Airbus

:( I recall Ryan saying they were waiting for AS' Final Product a bit back, in order to properly assess the business decision. there's not much of a point saturating an already Well done market - that's like asking PMDG to do a 767, that seems Counter-intuitive doesn't it?.......Time will Tell, nothing to do but wait. the Airsimmer A320 is in its final stages of development so everyone should know fairly soon.Ryan.
I think there are far fewer Airbuses for FS then there are Boeings. I for one welcome the radically different design and FDE of the Airbus and see it as a learning experience to fly Airbuses. Though PMDG can switch their focus once the Airsimmer A320 comes out, and make the heavier ones like the A-330/340. Also, I hope Airsimmer does not take 3 years between development cycles like they have on this A320 series because there is only so much patience that the public has for waiting. If you look at their original announcement on their website for the A320 series, Airsimmer posted it back on August of 2006!!! As someone pointed out in another part of this thread, PMDG can develop and entire fleet of Airbuses by the time Airsimmer even gets their first one out...

As much of a loyal fan I am of to PMDG - I think once (6 years from now) this bird is released, it will be a good buy.

I think there are far fewer Airbuses for FS then there are Boeings. I for one welcome the radically different design and FDE of the Airbus and see it as a learning experience to fly Airbuses. Though PMDG can switch their focus once the Airsimmer A320 comes out, and make the heavier ones like the A-330/340. Also, I hope Airsimmer does not take 3 years between development cycles like they have on this A320 series because there is only so much patience that the public has for waiting. If you look at their original announcement on their website for the A320 series, Airsimmer posted it back on August of 2006!!! As someone pointed out in another part of this thread, PMDG can develop and entire fleet of Airbuses by the time Airsimmer even gets their first one out...
Lolremember how long it took to get the MD-11 out the door?

Guest krashout

Come on guys... its a clear request from the users. We want an Airbus A320!!!! We need it. The company who takes it out first will gain an enourmous advantage in the market sales and whats more important, we users will be happy for ever!!!!Put your hands into that A320!!

Ya if the airsimmer is as good as they are saying, there is no need for a PMDG bus, I know I would not buy it. I hope if airsimmer can join the ranks of pmdg and leveld that thse three will not start working on the same projects, it would seem like a waste of time, Im not going to own to high quality addons of the same plane. But time will tell.
I've looked a little closer into airsimmer and as an FSX user, I'm no longer that optimistic.Airsimmer started out their development using FS9 and will initially release the product for FS9 only. The FSX version will be considered last in their development stages :-(That means that it's not only going to take even more time until we FSX users will see the airsimmer bus, it may also mean that we won't get a true FSX product, but just some ported-over FS9 version.I've had my experiences with FS9 ports marketed as FSX products and I'll stay away from anything that's not explicitly made for FSX from the ground up.Hence, a true FSX PMDG A319/A320 would be highly appreciated.

Dave P. Woycek

I've looked a little closer into airsimmer and as an FSX user, I'm no longer that optimistic.Airsimmer started out their development using FS9 and will initially release the product for FS9 only. The FSX version will be considered last in their development stages :-(That means that it's not only going to take even more time until we FSX users will see the airsimmer bus, it may also mean that we won't get a true FSX product, but just some ported-over FS9 version.I've had my experiences with FS9 ports marketed as FSX products and I'll stay away from anything that's not explicitly made for FSX from the ground up.Hence, a true FSX PMDG A319/A320 would be highly appreciated.
Define "True FSX Product"FSX and FS9 are coherently similar, other than that FSX is "More graphically intense" and has some other low-function knick nacks that the end user would never really take notice of.This is the reason PMDG was able to "Port" the FSX MD-11 to FS9, they could have done it the other way around - you wouldn't notice a difference.Ryan.

Define "True FSX Product"FSX and FS9 are coherently similar, other than that FSX is "More graphically intense" and has some other low-function knick nacks that the end user would never really take notice of.This is the reason PMDG was able to "Port" the FSX MD-11 to FS9, they could have done it the other way around - you wouldn't notice a difference.Ryan.
You are so wrong and don't have clue by the statement made lolThere are so many difference and a native FSX model which won't work in FS9 on the other hand since we have backwards compatibility a FS9 model can work in FSX with some small adjustments...However a true FSX model based on the FSX SDK will have when done correct far more featuresmore animations and polygons and better frame rates as a FS9 model will ever have.A simple one that's why the FSX model has a separate VC model (interior) and a exterior model with more options and detail.In FS9 it's one model...It's not the reasons why they cold port over to FSX version hence the 3d model is different in it's export form to FS lol and needed a far bit of work ;-)

André

Yadda, yadda, yadda...blah, blah, blah.There is nothing wrong with the PSS 757 and 777...unless you like to count rivets while sitting on the wing at mach .80? I find the PSS entries more than adequate for my actual flying uses. In fact, I think the PSS 2D panels are the best ever made for any aircraft.The Airsimmer team has put a LOT of work into the Scarebus...why would anyone venture there until we see the results?You want a REAL challenge? Make a DC-8. Not that slop we have for freeware, but a REAL DC-8.I know, I know, there are few of them flying today. Do I care? Would I fly one correctly made? Yes! I don't know about the rest of you but I fly "classics" all the time...I fly them BEFORE I fly the modern "No pilot required" aircraft. "Auto-land"...##### is that?? I bring my passengers from "A" to "B", all by myself.We are always asking for the "latest" aircraft...I would spend money on a DC-8 or 707. I know...CS did the 707...it sucks.Only so many can do the "modern" aircraft...and your running out of them? You can't do the 787 as it hasn't flown yet...any attemp is BS. The A380? Who cares? It's a "boutique" aircraft which is only finding a small niche in the commercial aviation world. It was designed and created as a slap at Boeing...but it has very little use in the real world of aviation. The 747-400, 777 and 757LR handle anything the 380 does...without all the airport issues.Make us some real classics, PMDG.B707...the Princess.DC-8...the Princess wannabe.The DC 6-7Lockheed L1011THAT'S what I want. I have all the modern aircraft I require. I don't see you wasting your time on an Scarebus...Airsimmer is doing it. You need to look for other opportunities.

As everyone is aware I am sure, the AS320, as it is being called a lot, is an FS9 development initially that, when completed for FS9 including A318/9/20/1 models, will then be worked on for FSX.As far as statements on their public website may be taken, their approach appears to be modular. So much of the systems work will probably require little work for FSX. The model will no doubt be done and compiled using the FSX SDK, as will repaints most likely be available with "all the bells and whistles" including specular and bump mapping and so on...Whatever they do, we can only know for final when the product releases to market. Wilco brought their A320 series out years ago now, and had the FSX version available fairly early too. It works okay, I suppose, but my appetite was never really satisfied by so many aspects. It wasn't long before my system was purged of it...I look forward to what Airsimmer is doing for the A320 series, but a little competition never did any real harm.My guess is that PMDG have a bit on their plate to deal with and release before they may start working on something that is so completely different in flight dynamics from the Boeing products for which they are truly famous. As much as I would like to see an A320 in PMDG quality and integrity, I would never wish to force this.The team is going to develop what it wishes to develop and we are probably going to buy what they develop. Their stuff is now so good that we are pushed to do anything other than buy :(Looking forward to seeing the NGX development and whatever else you have up your sleeves. If it is "my" type of plane, I will buy...But it is not worth losing sleep over, or ######ing at each other about. Life is too short (something I got to experience first hand 2 weeks ago, when I lost my grandmother to stomach cancer), and right now the sun is shining, here at least!Andrew

Personally,I wish somebody (hint, hint) would do a quality CRJ-200.The Wilco version was awful.I spend so much time on these things that I feel qualified to fly one already!

Ryan,Personal attacks against other users will not be tolerated and I've removed that post. Do not engage in such behavior again please.The FSX versions of the 744 and MD-11 are not "ports". The models are completely new and are "native" to FSX - they're not imported (which is what "port" is short for) FS9 models. The core programming within the panels were completely redone to use SimConnect as well - you may think this is minor, but I assure you it isn't. We also made completely different soundsets for the FSX version that take advantage of the 3D soundcone technology and do not exhibit phasing artifacts etc that are common with imported FS9 soundsets. It would not have taken us months of work to do a simple port, we wanted to do it right and that's what happened. To date, we're still one of the only developers that actually has fully compliant FSX versions of aircraft that exist in FS9 as well. Most do just port the FS9 models, code and sound.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

B707...the Princess.DC-8...the Princess wannabe.The DC 6-7Lockheed L1011...yeah, one of that one where just curious!! :( but NOT with a modernized cockpit!!(Scarebus..ts ts ts... childish Viewpoint, dude... I am a "flyer" and not a company guy- i love all the "things" who fly and for first - HOW the FLY on there own way.. there

Reg

Klaus

from LOWG

Guest Mower

What we NEED is the flippin advanced tutorial for the MD-11, if they are not careful, it will a full YEAR since it was officially mentioned.

Guest alexzar14

I've read all posts in this thread and... why so many people take seriously (and refer to) airsimmer's A320? I also heard the world will end in 2012.I predicted maximum 2, may be 3 persons would ever speak of airsimmer A320 on any of the forums.The aerosoft A320 will be FSX only, so again: NO A320 there is/will be. Zero A320s.One A320 = FS9/FSX version. FSX version alone = NO A320.number 2: CRJs, DRJs, ERJs, FRJs - this is all good ofcourse, but the two most common aircraft there is are 737 and A320.number 3: even if there were FIVE A320s (or any other aircraft, CRJ, DRJ...) done by various vendors and PMDG made and released a SIXTH one, people would still buy it even if it took them to sell furniture in their house ))) - that's for the people who spoke of marketing point, although I don't claim to be smarter then them (they are smarter))) But let's just ask how many people would sell furniture in their house to buy a sixth version of A320 by PMDG... We will soon get tired counting the hands rose.number 4: "I love Boeings, we don't need Airbus" - this is kids' talk.Feelthere's Airbus... things were said about it, nothing to add.Also, can you guys confirm the J41 has no 2D panel? It's not clear from the descriptions there are (solid confirmation is needed) I don't have it yet because I am waiting for the FS9 release.And don't fight guys, the 2012 will come soon anyway :))))