Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Logr

Payware A/C Comparison

Hello all, I am considering purchasing a new payware aircraft, with the growing prices, I wanted to get some opinions first.I have the ERJ-145 (Feel There) and the performance (frames) are not very good.I have the Aeroworx King Air 200 Extreme and the performance is wonderful, I get great frame rates (analog & EFIS)I'm considering the following A/C:Wilco LegacyWilco ERJ 190 SeriesWilco Citation XEaglesoft Citation XI would appreciate comments from anyone on the performance I might expect when compared to the ERJ -145 & the B200.

Hello all, I am considering purchasing a new payware aircraft, with the growing prices, I wanted to get some opinions first.I have the ERJ-145 (Feel There) and the performance (frames) are not very good.I have the Aeroworx King Air 200 Extreme and the performance is wonderful, I get great frame rates (analog & EFIS)I'm considering the following A/C:Wilco LegacyWilco ERJ 190 SeriesWilco Citation XEaglesoft Citation XI would appreciate comments from anyone on the performance I might expect when compared to the ERJ -145 & the B200.
What are your system specs?I have both the Wilco ERJ-145 & Aeroworx King Air and get superb performance with them, and so with the rest of aircrafts you're considering.The Wilco Legacy is essentially an update of the ERJ-145 with some more bells and whistles -in fact, I guess in the real world they have a very high commonality-.The Wilco E-Jets is an excellent choice if you're interested in regional jets.About Citation X, IIRC there was a specific thread about the Wilco vs Eaglesoft question. The Wilco's have a functioning FMS, not so the Eaglesoft's, at least prior the release of its v2.0. BTW, my specs: WinXP SP3, Intel Core Duo E8400 @3.0GHz, 2GB DDR3 @1111MHz, nVidia 8800GT Overclocked

Wilco legacy is not too bad. It's like a reasonably upgraded version of the 145. I'd call it above wilco average, but at the same time, the one and only truly good wilco plane as far as I'm concerned is their 737, the rest I'd personally pass.Don't bother with the Wilco citationx. There are things essential to the X that they never bothered to get right, like the fadec. Eaglesoft Citation X will certainly be the best of all on your list, but not yet. They released it without the core of the navigational system and it has taken them for ever to finish the plane. Just wait.Bottom line is eaglesoft makes the best bizjets for FS9, so far only one on the market though, the Citation II. But the X and CJ1+ are to follow. If you fly in FSX, the flight1 citation mustang is simply out-of-this-"sim"-world good. And yes the aeroworx B200 is like that too.

The legacy performances horribly on my system. By horrible I mean i get 30-40 fps in it while I'd be getting 60 locked with any PMDG, Aeroworx, etc plane. The legacy has more 'eye candy' then the ERJ 145 so its harder on performance but it def shouldn't be as bad as it is. I also have the Wilco Citation and while it's not as bad as the legacy, its still a bit hard on the computer then it should be. I do enjoy the citation.by the way, my system...e8500 at 3.7512mb 8800gts2 gig mem at 1200mhz

I am thoroughly enjoying the Feelthere 170/190 package. I bought it after giving up the wait for the final FMC navigable version of the Eaglesoft Citation. I have the Citation v1: don

I purchased the Legacy 600 when it was offered at a very low price and I'm extremely pleased with it. It's a different concept in flying it as it has no auto throttle, although a "cheat" is provided. True, the documentation is poor, but there are a couple of very good tutorials available on the net. Fun to fly. Nice FMS too. I don't think you would be disappointed.Jim D.

I purchased the Legacy 600 when it was offered at a very low price and I'm extremely pleased with it. It's a different concept in flying it as it has no auto throttle, although a "cheat" is provided. True, the documentation is poor, but there are a couple of very good tutorials available on the net. Fun to fly. Nice FMS too. I don't think you would be disappointed.Jim D.
Agree. It's a very nice craft, a pleasure to flight and a bargain (14 EUR for non-European customers, say abt US $20, or 16.95 EUR for Europeans). But since this fellow already has the ERJ-145 and has some performance problems with it, the Legacy won't add any new, apart from the visual aspect and a Wx radar I'm not sure of real value. BTW, not having auto-throttle is no issue and the bird really behaves well, provided you take care. Further, the real thing has no AT. I would go for the E-Jets series (if you are for RJ/airliners) or wait until Eaglesoft polishes its gorgeous Citation X v2.0 (if you prefer to fly not so large corporate jets).

A word about our FS9/FSX Citation X Extreme v2.0 seems in order here..The FS9 Version with Navdata Service Upgrade which completes SID/STAR support and other complex routines thru Navigraph Subscription is currently in Beta Testing.The FSX Version with Navdata Service Upgrade which completes SID/STAR support and other complex routines thru Navigraph Subscription is scheduled for Beta Testing as soon as we complete the FS9 Beta Tests. :( More information and plenty of screenshots are available in our dedicated FS9 or FSX Citation X Extreme v2.0 Support Forums and all are welcome to register and login for accurate information on either of these projects. :(

the one and only truly good wilco plane as far as I'm concerned is their 737, the rest I'd personally pass.
I here testaments like this and it's really cool. :( I was one of the guys on the 737 team making sure we produced the best add-on possible. Vic and the team really listened on this one and we all delivered. I'm pushing for an upgrade to this model to bring the VC on par with their E-Jet series. We are currently working on a surprise that many here will welcome in the coming months. I'm glade to hear after all this time people still hold the Feelthere 737 in high regard.Speaking of the other options I feel their all great and something must be done to find out why you're having problems with the ERJ. I've never heard of issues like this with this plane. It's real easy on system resources and a joy to fly...

I here testaments like this and it's really cool. :( I was one of the guys on the 737 team making sure we produced the best add-on possible. Vic and the team really listened on this one and we all delivered. I'm pushing for an upgrade to this model to bring the VC on par with their E-Jet series. We are currently working on a surprise that many here will welcome in the coming months. I'm glade to hear after all this time people still hold the Feelthere 737 in high regard.Speaking of the other options I feel their all great and something must be done to find out why you're having problems with the ERJ. I've never heard of issues like this with this plane. It's real easy on system resources and a joy to fly...
Please oh please get it done! PIC 737 is one of my favourite planes. It was the first big iron I dared to fly and I'm been flying it regularly since. I don't have any complain about it, but an update of its VC would be great... even if some (reasonable amount of) bucks were asked for.

Please oh please get it done! PIC 737 is one of my favourite planes. It was the first big iron I dared to fly and I'm been flying it regularly since. I don't have any complain about it, but an update of its VC would be great... even if some (reasonable amount of) bucks were asked for.
I've been throwing a bug in Vic's ear on this and consideration in doing the 717...

A word about our FS9/FSX Citation X Extreme v2.0 seems in order here..The FS9 Version with Navdata Service Upgrade which completes SID/STAR support and other complex routines thru Navigraph Subscription is currently in Beta Testing.The FSX Version with Navdata Service Upgrade which completes SID/STAR support and other complex routines thru Navigraph Subscription is scheduled for Beta Testing as soon as we complete the FS9 Beta Tests. :( More information and plenty of screenshots are available in our dedicated FS9 or FSX Citation X Extreme v2.0 Support Forums and all are welcome to register and login for accurate information on either of these projects. :(
Pretty simple question, Ron: if I purchase right now the Citation X v2.0 for FS9, once the Navigraph-related components are fixed/validated, it will be available as a free update, I guess.Have some bucks here looking for good stuff to be exchanged for...

Pretty simple question, Ron: if I purchase right now the Citation X v2.0 for FS9, once the Navigraph-related components are fixed/validated, it will be available as a free update, I guess.Have some bucks here looking for good stuff to be exchanged for...
Correct. The Eaglesoft FS9 Citation X Extreme 2.0 is perfectly flyable as released.With full Documentation and dedicated Support Forums we believe that users will be well satisfied with their purchase choice.The Navdata Service Upgrade is our no extra cost fullfillment of our commitment to building the most accurate and realistic Citation X ever built for either FS9 or FSX.The Navdata Service Upgrade simply completes the SID/STAR support along with all of the more complex routines including Altitude and Airspeed Restrictions.The Navdata Service Upgrade also supports Navigraph Subscriptions under the name Eaglesoft/Mindstar for those interested in Navigraph Subscription Service.The Navdata Service Upgrade includes an Out of Date Database and users who wish to keep their Databases Updated should subscribe to Navigraph Service.PS: Beta Testing of the Navdata Service Upgrade is going very well and it is hoped that Navigraph will have the Eaglesoft/Mindstar Version available for the September Cycle. :(

Correct. The Eaglesoft FS9 Citation X Extreme 2.0 is perfectly flyable as released.With full Documentation and dedicated Support Forums we believe that users will be well satisfied with their purchase choice.The Navdata Service Upgrade is our no extra cost fullfillment of our commitment to building the most accurate and realistic Citation X ever built for either FS9 or FSX.The Navdata Service Upgrade simply completes the SID/STAR support along with all of the more complex routines including Altitude and Airspeed Restrictions.The Navdata Service Upgrade also supports Navigraph Subscriptions under the name Eaglesoft/Mindstar for those interested in Navigraph Subscription Service.The Navdata Service Upgrade includes an Out of Date Database and users who wish to keep their Databases Updated should subscribe to Navigraph Service.PS: Beta Testing of the Navdata Service Upgrade is going very well and it is hoped that Navigraph will have the Eaglesoft/Mindstar Version available for the September Cycle. :(
How's the performance of the Citation X from Eaglesoft? I have the CII and it's very smooth.

That's unbelievable... If that VC could be updated to current standards, both for FS9 and FSX, I'd be very happy indeed. I'd pay extra for that!

How's the performance of the Citation X from Eaglesoft? I have the CII and it's very smooth.
All of our feedback is that it's smooth as silk on any reasonable rig. :(

I'm afraid this afternoon when back at home I'll put my credit card to work :( Darn! Can see you're working on a Citation XLS and a Dornier 328. You're gonna get me to go broken... As for now, have all your corporate jets for FS9 and enjoyed them a lot. They all went smooth and without a glitch on my old not-so-state-of-the-art box.

How about the MADDOG?JimCYWG
Which one? Leonardo's "Fly the Maddog"? Please can you tell us anything else about your experience with Maddogs? I'd like to try a MD-80 series bird, but not sure which one to choose (for FS9). Thanks.

Which one? Leonardo's "Fly the Maddog"? Please can you tell us anything else about your experience with Maddogs? I'd like to try a MD-80 series bird, but not sure which one to choose (for FS9). Thanks.
Leonardo's is harder to get into. Ultimate Airliners - The Super 80 has a great VC and many training aids to help you get into understanding the MD80. Flight1 sells the Ultimate Airliners version for FS2k4. The training aids actually walk you through startup procedures in real time, truly unique in FS add-ons. Once you've mastered Flight1's option then you could move on to Leonardo's version.Speaking of versions Ultimate Airliners is the older steam gauge model where as Leaonardo's is the newer glass panel version (not to be confused with the 717 though, more like MD88 speed). To me Ultimate Airliners has a better looking VC and night lighting than the Leonardo version. What sells the Leonardo effort is it's attention to detail and specifics on proper procedures. I wouldn't want to be caught in the Leonardo version after dark with no option for dome lighting so I can see the switches (gauges are lite up but it's still too dark) because the MD88 is one complicated cockpit. For me the Ultimate Airliners package is more accessible and teachable offering hours of enjoyment...

I'm afraid this afternoon when back at home I'll put my credit card to work :( Darn! Can see you're working on a Citation XLS and a Dornier 328. You're gonna get me to go broken... As for now, have all your corporate jets for FS9 and enjoyed them a lot. They all went smooth and without a glitch on my old not-so-state-of-the-art box.
Many thanks for your business and glad to see that you've been enjoying our work. :(

I've been throwing a bug in Vic's ear on this and consideration in doing the 717...
Les a 717 would be a perfect! hopefully Vic considers it.

I'm starting to suspect that it's a setting or something. I have Captain Sim C-130, Aeroworx B200, Eaglesoft CII and they all run fine, no frame rate issues. I went ahead and bought the Legacy (it was on sale, why not...). Both the Legacy & the ERJ-145 have terrible frame rates in VC. Even while cold & dark with no power applied, just panning around has low frame rates - all my other aircraft are fine.

Both the Legacy & the ERJ-145 have terrible frame rates in VC.
old support forum -http://iemit.com/forum can be searchednew support forum -http://forum.iemit.comregistration requireduse the legacy's configuraton utilitystart : programs : wilco : legacyplay with the adjustments to tune the jet to your system.also, if in full-screen mode try windowed; if in windowed try full-screen. (old computer faster FPS in windowed ... new computer faster FPS in full-screen). alll computers are diffferent.--

I'm starting to suspect that it's a setting or something. I have Captain Sim C-130, Aeroworx B200, Eaglesoft CII and they all run fine, no frame rate issues. I went ahead and bought the Legacy (it was on sale, why not...). Both the Legacy & the ERJ-145 have terrible frame rates in VC. Even while cold & dark with no power applied, just panning around has low frame rates - all my other aircraft are fine.
Not with me. I have frame rates locked at 30 and it runs @ 29+ in VC and 2D. Doesn't matter if it's C&D or on full power. Something is not right with your system. Jim D.