Sign in to follow this  
Benjamin J

I am baffled: CS727

Guest 413X3

I wish dreamfleet was still around and updating their aircraft to fsx. would be really great to have the b58, a36 and 727 among others in fsx in their full glory

I have bought the original FS9 727, C130, and 757 from Capt Sim. I don't fly any of them. I really wish more "light" add ons were produced - their 727 would qualify as light IMO. I just don't have the time to lean the complex systems for each aircraft - when I feel like flying, I just want to fly. Call is "gamy" or whatever... People sim for different reasons - I like the immersing quality of good add ons. Immersing for me is the visuals, sounds, scenery and weather - not programming an FMC or navigating as in real life. I just my opinion. I can definitely see why many people prefer complex aircraft.The QW 757 is going to be less light that originally planned. I do believe it will have a working FMC form what I have read. I think they are toying with offering different set ups to appeal to the broadest audience. You may think I'm crazy but the CLS747 was perfect for me. I'd love to see them do a 757 or update their older packages with better VC textures.I just got to stop buying these aircraft that I will never fly. The CS stuff looks so good in the screenshots it is sometimes hard to resist. I bought the 757 thinking that I could doctor it up (down, I guess), add in the default GPS and make some changes but the panel design is too complex for me to change out a few gauges and adjust the views.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

I wish dreamfleet was still around and updating their aircraft to fsx. would be really great to have the b58, a36 and 727 among others in fsx in their full glory
Hello,The 727 is available for FSX. As far as the Dreamfleet planes for FS9 are concerned, I've been doing some gauge replacements and getting my A36 to fly in FSX. It was one of those planes I wanted so much for such a long time. I did not want to have a fully dedicated FS9 just to keep some of the old planes around but that has almost been the case for me and the DreamFleet stuff. The Baron is not quite there yet and I have not had the same luck with re-working the panels in the Piper Archer III as I have had with the Bonanza. It would be nice if CS had a few GA planes too.

Keith Guillory

One would have to work very hard to screw up the FD operation...There are only three token variables involved:FLIGHT_DIRECTOR_ACTIVE Bool TRUE=yes. FLIGHT_DIRECTOR_PITCH Float Degrees. FLIGHT_DIRECTOR_BANK Float Degrees. The only possible way to "screw the FD up" would be to not properly calibrate the pitch and bank... :(
Hi, I'm not sure I understand what you mean, but I can say their FD is "screwed up". The vertical bar acts like an track deviation bar, not a FD. The horizontal bar only levels at the selected altitude instead of centering at the appropriate pitch attitude. On the ILS, it gives g/p indications!!!I know nothing about gauge programming but I know a lot about real world flying. Their FD is like a repeater of the HSI. That is NOT the way a real world FD works, I have been flying and using FDs for 24 years so I think I have an idea how they work.Thanks for he comments,Dan

You sure it's not Flight Simulator at fault here? They might be simply using the default FD, which might be completely screwed up. I won't surprised if that's the case...I agree that the CLS747 is perfect for a lot of people, including me. Although I will be trying to merge that model with the RFP panels, because I really like to have the ability to do complete startup procedures. Anyway, it's exactly because of the fact that I don't have the time or patience to learn complete aircraft again and again, that I have the Overland World Airliners package: a wide range of aircraft that are easy to fly (and save well!), precisely for those moments that I don't feel like medling with all the buttons.I tell you one thing I miss from the Legendary 727, which is not present in the CS727 Captain, not in the Dreamfleet 727: all the great cockpit voices. I used to love those automated voices when you taxi around, takeoff, descend, prepare for landing etc.I should add, by the way, that my FPS is quite poor when I set weather to anything heavier than "Fair Weather". I flew with that once with this aircraft, and never again. During that flight, I changed the weather back to fair, and my FPS shot up with 20 points. it's a pity, really, but that's just the way it is, I guess. I'd rather fly it in good weather with good performance, than bad weather and bad performance. For bad weather I'll simply stay with FS9.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

In other add-ons, I believe I use the degree, not the horizontal bar on the FD (which is usually too high) so I don't think this is by any means unique to the C130, nor would I characterize it as a "lite" add-on relative to other add-ons.

You sure it's not Flight Simulator at fault here? They might be simply using the default FD, which might be completely screwed up. I won't surprised if that's the case...
I've used the FD tokens in over twenty gauges. Not once has it failed to be accurate once I calibrated it properly. :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I'm not sure I understand what you mean, but I can say their FD is "screwed up". The vertical bar acts like an track deviation bar, not a FD. The horizontal bar only levels at the selected altitude instead of centering at the appropriate pitch attitude. On the ILS, it gives g/p indications!!!I know nothing about gauge programming but I know a lot about real world flying.
It wasn't a complicated statement. The default FD tokens work perfectly in any gauge I (or practically every other gauge programmer) have ever coded, provided we take the time to calibrate the pitch and bank...Since you say that the horizontal bar acts like a g/s deviation indicator, clearly they did not program it properly... :(I know quite a bit about both RW flying and gauge programming... :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

It wasn't a complicated statement. The default FD tokens work perfectly in any gauge I (or practically every other gauge programmer) have ever coded, provided we take the time to calibrate the pitch and bank...Since you say that the horizontal bar acts like a g/s deviation indicator, clearly they did not program it properly... :(I know quite a bit about both RW flying and gauge programming... :(
Thanks for the explanation, I guess I'm a little slow sometimes. :( Happy flying,Dan

I ported the old CS 727 over to FSX with a few ajustments and it gives me better framerates than the default 738. The old one still looks good. I hope they will use the work on the 727 to make a classic 737 once, from 200 to 400. Even though I have Feelthere's, I would buy a CS version. Feelthere's is not quite accurate on the outside model.
I am curious...how did you get the old FS9 727 to work in FSX? I would certainly do this if I could get it to work.

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

Guest Chunt16307
Hello,The 727 is available for FSX. As far as the Dreamfleet planes for FS9 are concerned, I've been doing some gauge replacements and getting my A36 to fly in FSX. It was one of those planes I wanted so much for such a long time. I did not want to have a fully dedicated FS9 just to keep some of the old planes around but that has almost been the case for me and the DreamFleet stuff. The Baron is not quite there yet and I have not had the same luck with re-working the panels in the Piper Archer III as I have had with the Bonanza. It would be nice if CS had a few GA planes too.
I just stumbled in on this topic and am fascinated to read your posts. I am a 727 junkie and have the CS Legendary 727 in FS9. I loved the way it looked but it didn't perform anywhere near the numbers. I then bought the Dreamfleet 3-holer and fell in love with it. I have slowly evolved to FSX but dearly miss my Dreamfleet WhisperJet. So I have to ask where I can find this version? Right now I am reduced to a choice of Skysims DC9 or the Coolsky Super 80 as I think the CS 727 is just too much money and seems to be just a jazzed up visual version of the old model. Even the sound seemed to be fromthe previous version. So please link me to the Dreamfleet FSX 727. thanks muchChuck H

I don't think there is a Dreamfleet 727 for FSX.

Guest Chunt16307

I am pretty sure there is not but when I read this post I figured he may know something I didn't. I am using Air Hauler in FSX and now need a short to medium range jet for same. I am very familiar with the CS version but it was nowhere as god as Dreamfleets. I am going to start a AH company im FS9 just so I can fly my Dreamfleet. I actually am trying to find info on the Sky Simulations DC9 for FSX but there are no reviews anywhere. The DC9 would be an acceptable substitution if I can get some input on the product. I just bought a classic propliner for FSX that I am very dissapointed with and don't want to waste money on another product that I will have problems with. Thanks for the reply

I don't think there is a Dreamfleet 727 for FSX.
Tim,You are correct. The Greatest Airliners: 727 by Dreamfleet was only for FS9. I did a little examination of the CS 727. It was smooth and enjoyable to fly and look at. I think it was you who warned about needing to push up the throttles on final. I didn't quite get it right and dropped my 727 into the ground. Boy did that hurt.

Keith Guillory

When I landed with the CS727 first time, I noticed how the speed just kept dropping, until it stopped when throttle was maxed. From that point on, it was absolutely clear you need full throttle to land this plane with 40 degrees flaps.By the way, it is stated somewhere on the Dreamfleet page that the 727 is being ported over to FSX, but it doesn't say anywhere how far the project is along and when they might release it. Conclusion: don't hold you breath. I think that, for now, the CS727 is a more than able replacement, which is fun to fly and not even *that* hard on my frames. Plus, I just love to sit in the cabin and look around at those times that everything just "flies".

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case