Sign in to follow this  
Guest 413X3

PMDG JS-41

Guest PPSFA
But again I just wish they re created the 1900C/D in all its glory instead. Also would have been a nice bonus to us loyal pmdg customers who purchased their express line for fs9. So many good airplanes have not been given the right treatment for FSX, and only big jets seem to be in the pipeline. This would have been a great chance to have one of the best aircraft out there, the beechcraft 1900
I'm with you on this. I got the 1900 to work in FSX but the props are hosed. I asked at least 6 times in the PMDG forum about it and never even got the courtesy of a reply, so my days of suporting PMDG are history. I'm glad that others are enjoying 'Rob's cockpit', but I flew 1900's in RL and I would rather see mine.

But again I just wish they re created the 1900C/D in all its glory instead. Also would have been a nice bonus to us loyal pmdg customers who purchased their express line for fs9. So many good airplanes have not been given the right treatment for FSX, and only big jets seem to be in the pipeline. This would have been a great chance to have one of the best aircraft out there, the beechcraft 1900
The B1900 was one of my favorite airplanes in FS9.. the J41 is all the B1900 was and a lot more.The learning curve is certainly steeper, but once you're there, you've got a lovely plane to fly andkeep you busy and entertained for quite a while. :(

Bert

I got the 1900 to work in FSX but the props are hosed. I asked at least 6 times in the PMDG forum about it and never even got the courtesy of a reply, so my days of suporting PMDG are history.
This seems a bit harsh..Two thoughts: What keeps you from continuing to fly the B1900 in FS9, if that is the airplane you like?(I still go back and fly the Piper Malibu Meridian from time to time - and it works as well as ever) :( Secondly: Why would you expect PMDG to support you in running the B1900 in FSX if it is notdesigned to run there? BTW, as indicated above, the J41 is a very well executed simulation and you might just like it..

Bert

Guest PPSFA
This seems a bit harsh..Two thoughts: What keeps you from continuing to fly the B1900 in FS9, if that is the airplane you like?(I still go back and fly the Piper Malibu Meridian from time to time - and it works as well as ever) :( Secondly: Why would you expect PMDG to support you in running the B1900 in FSX if it is notdesigned to run there? BTW, as indicated above, the J41 is a very well executed simulation and you might just like it..
One must have FS9 installed to run FS9, I use FSX :( The point wasn't about them supporting the 1900 in FSX, it was about the lack of even a reply to numerous posts about it, from others as well as myself. A simple 'we are not supporting this' would have sufficed, but to be completley ignored soured me for any further pruchases from them.I'm sure the J41 is excellant, but I'm not giving my money to a company that can't be bothered to answer a simple question. I still fly their MD11 but that's as far as it goes. Customer service is as important to me as aircraft quality

it was about the lack of even a reply to numerous posts about it, from others as well as myself.
This is simply not true. There is plenty of traffic on their forums dating back to 2005 about B1900 including multiple posts how to run it under FSX (even PMDG wiki pages were created for that), many posts from Vin on the subject of B1900/FSX. Lets just say that it is your preference to be 'sour' for whatever reason...

Guest PPSFA
This is simply not true. There is plenty of traffic on their forums dating back to 2005 about B1900 including multiple posts how to run it under FSX (even PMDG wiki pages were created for that), many posts from Vin on the subject of B1900/FSX. Lets just say that it is your preference to be 'sour' for whatever reason...
Really? Please point me to a single reply that addresses the prop problem after SP2 hosed them. I personally made at least 4 attempts to get an answer from PMDG, and others have as well, all with the same result.I even referenced the posts in their forums that discussed running it in FSX, but nowhere is there info about the props after SP2, I would love to be wrong on this.

One must have FS9 installed to run FS9, I use FSX
I use FSX too, 99% of the time.But once in a while, I go back to FS9 which is still installed, justto fly the 737NG or some other favorite airplane..

Bert

Guest B52Drivr
I Agree. I have been increasingly impressed (as I destroy engines....two so far) with the detail and the huge amount of work that must have gone into this product. This is one heck of a value. Thank you PMDG for offering it for such a reasonalble price.
George, Yes, $45 is reasonable, and two engine . . . YOU DIDN'T READ THE FINE PRINT. Each one of those is about 200K to replace, boy I hate to see the bill from PMDG, LOL. Just pullin your chain . . . Super glad you love the aircraft, and trust me, there was many a beta tester who burned down a lot more than 2 engines, LOL.BestClay

George, Yes, $45 is reasonable, and two engine . . . YOU DIDN'T READ THE FINE PRINT. Each one of those is about 200K to replace, boy I hate to see the bill from PMDG, LOL. Just pullin your chain . . . Super glad you love the aircraft, and trust me, there was many a beta tester who burned down a lot more than 2 engines, LOL.BestClay
Thanks Clay,I'm luvin this airplane more every day. Especially now that I don't do crowd pleasers when I start it. I loved the Dreamfleet 727 too. That was one of your beta-birds also wasn't it?

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

There are just so many much needed airplanes that could have been done, and ones that are more popular and still flying
If every developer had that attitude, we would be inundated with 737s, 747s, and Dash 8s. How boring.
so then why not remake the B1900C/D?
Yes, let's remake the same planes over and over and over again. What a great idea. What exactly is it about the Jetstream 41 that you don't like? Why should the fact that it isn't as popular as other well known turboprops be any barrier to you enjoying it? The PMDG version of this aircraft is superb, and that's coming from a guy who prefers to exclusively hand fly his planes, and rarely gets above 5000 feet! Having said that, this might just be the opportunity that I need to teach myself how to fly a complex plane "by the book". All of this talk about people blowing their engines has fascinated me, to the point where I am keen to try the tutorial for myself.This is the only payware addon that I have ever purchased for Microsoft Flight Simulator, but I had no hesitation whatsoever in parting with $45 for it. I have always wanted a super detailed version of the J41, and I was astonished when I heard that PMDG were developing one.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I agree with the above poster. There are other planes out there that I had more interest in, but once getting into this one I am simply amazed by the attention to detail that was put into it. I've blown at least 20 engines but think I've finally figured it out and have that feeling of accomplishment. In fact I just made my first successful flight MDW-STL and even landed with both engines running and no smoke pouring out of them! Had to use old school navigation VOR to VOR b/c i haven't figured out the FMS yet, that is my weekend project :) By the way, has anyone figured out how to increase/decrease rate of climb/descent while in V/S AP mode? Can't seem to figure out, i'm sure it's obvious though. Thanks

By the way, has anyone figured out how to increase/decrease rate of climb/descent while in V/S AP mode? Can't seem to figure out, i'm sure it's obvious though. Thanks
There is a thumbwheel near the autopilot switch for up/down..

Bert

Guest 413X3

Well Christopher they did "remake the same plane" over and over again, when making the beautiful Queen for FSX. Not to mention the long awaited 737NG. So some airplanes should be remade over and over. Plus I wasn't asking for the express line to be "remade" i was asking for it to be given the full PMDG treatment like the JS-41 was given

Well Christopher they did "remake the same plane" over and over again, when making the beautiful Queen for FSX. Not to mention the long awaited 737NG. So some airplanes should be remade over and over. Plus I wasn't asking for the express line to be "remade" i was asking for it to be given the full PMDG treatment like the JS-41 was given
Answering one post about getting that aircraft to work properly on FSX is one thing (I'm a bit surprised they didn't just answer your post, just to get it over with, if there is a solution at all), but "giving it the full PMDG treatment" is something completely different. I don't think they should have done that, since it's not a FSX aircraft and it's very old (isn't it their first?). Instead, they should keep themselves busy, indeed, with aircraft that have not been made yet for FSX, and give those the "full PMDG treatment". That's far more worth it, if you ask me.About the Dash-8: I always thought Majestic Software's Dash 8 was unpayable, but a second look makes that statement false. 50 euro? That's peanuts for that plane. Although, the VC is kind a bare, I think. Anybody any useful opinion on this plane?

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case