Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest 413X3

PMDG JS-41

Guest 413X3

How do people like it? I want to try her, but $45 for an old and not popular, rarely flying airplane just doesn't appeal to me.. In fact it makes me kind of angry

Guest Mesa
How do people like it? I want to try her, but $45 for an old and not popular, rarely flying airplane just doesn't appeal to me.. In fact it makes me kind of angry
If you can't afford it or don't intend to buy it then it's probably best not to read any reviews or ask if it's any good - what's the point?

In fact it makes me kind of angry
Why ?? Just don't buy it then. It is nothing to get worked up about.......Looks amazing, if I flew turboprops then I would be looking at getting it ... I don't so I won't. Then again I may consider it if I get bored of what I am flying at the moment.Wish that PMDG would try their hand with a nice BizJet.G

Guest 413X3

There are just so many much needed airplanes that could have been done, and ones that are more popular and still flying. How about update their express 1900c/d line and make it a quality addon for fsx?

There are just so many much needed airplanes that could have been done, and ones that are more popular and still flying. How about update their express 1900c/d line and make it a quality addon for fsx?
PMDG's founder Captain Randazzo used to fly the aircraft, so I suppose that's a big reason why it was chosen. And why not - maybe it's dear to his heart!Personally I won't be getting it because I'm not too bothered about turboprops and besides, I'm waiting for the Airsimmer Airbus to materialise. Any year now.... :( Ian

There are just so many much needed airplanes that could have been done
Then open your own software shop and deliver us (quality) airplanes you think are important ... in my opinion the notion of popular and un-popular airplane is ridiculous when it comes to simulation.

Guest Tingoose
Personnlly I applaud PMDG for doing such aircraft. They've delivered on the popular airliners like the 737, 747 and MD11 and yet they still find time to serve up something which may not have mass appeal but caters to those of us who's like to fly something a bit different. Isn't it better all round if simmers have a wide range of aircraft to choose from instead only modern glass gauge turbofans?

I will surely buy it after my system upgrade next month. I'm sure it will sell well, it's a handsome aircraft and must be fun to fly the short commuter routes with. I don't see the point of complaining about a release that is not Boeing or Airbus like a spoiled child. I find it interesting to fly something comletely different.

Guest ightenhill
I will surely buy it after my system upgrade next month. I'm sure it will sell well, it's a handsome aircraft and must be fun to fly the short commuter routes with. I don't see the point of complaining about a release that is not Boeing or Airbus like a spoiled child. I find it interesting to fly something comletely different.
Its a great aircraft, can get in and out of many wonderful fields in a fictional or fact environment, and has the realism to back up that to make immmersion almost 100%.. Buy it learn it and enjoy it..

Its a great aircraft, can get in and out of many wonderful fields in a fictional or fact environment,
This is another advantage of having smaller aircraft, without feeling guilty you can operate it from smaller airfields, no rubbing shoulders with 747s at mega airports and hence performance in FSX is usually much better. You take a well simulated turboprop to some of the best smaller airports in FSX (Madeira, all FTX Australian airports, etc.) and the immersion factor is unbelievable. :(

I don't know why it would make you angry lol but I can see how you would not want to spend the cash on something you won't be flying.I could go for a good Learjet or King Air (I think F1 is working on both lol)

Guest j0nx
I'm waiting for the Airsimmer Airbus to materialise. Any year now.... :( Ian
You will be playing Duke Nukem Forever before airsimmer ever releases that bird. That thing is a myth. Vaporjet.

Guest B52Drivr

Hello All, Well, I for one, although most of my real experience is in big stuff, am a turboprop junkie! And the J41 is soooooooo cool!I guess being on the beta team puts me a bit biased, (LOL), however, beta or not, if it wasn't just absolutely wunderbar, I would be saying so. Keep in mind I am a 2D panel guy, and this aircraft does NOT have a 2D panel............who cares, I got use to it in a hurry and can only say it's the best Turboprop for FS I have ever flown, and wish the hell it worked in FS9 too....(can't have everything, I guess).Yes, and Robert did fly these in real life, so talk about someone who really knew his stuff . . . its so nice to deal with someone who has had their hands on the yoke and experienced the quirks that an aircraft has. Not to mention the development team and beta team with the wealth of information, intelligence, and great attitude brought forth during the project. Oh and Don, a man after my heart.......how precise can you get on explaining a problem without making everyone else sound foolish.......you could be my #2 ANYDAY!!!!! PMDG has a real winner here -- but then again, most of us on the team knew that the first time we fired her up and took her for a spin. And she's a real pilots aircraft . . . careful you don't use the condition levers properly . . . don't want to burn those babies to the ground.......owners sort of frown on that happening.If you miss this one, you have lost out...............Unbelievable how super cool this aircraft is . . . although, I guess, saying it's a PMDG should say it all. <G>.Best to all, ClayClayton T. DopkeSundance Quarter HorsesMajor, USAF (retired)Toomsuba, MS USA

After one successful flight (in four attempts), here is my mini review.Framerates - not a problem if FSX is working for you already. I did not notice any reduction in smoothness, etc. and my computer is an older C2D.Startup - very tricky and will take some getting used to. I burned the engines the first 3 times and I was following the tutorial line by line!Flying - Very nice to fly, you are kept quite busy managing the engines up to cruise and back down again. Speed control requires pilot attention. Hand flying is wonderful.Bottom line is this is an aircraft that requires more of your attention than the typical FMC jets like the LDS767, but it is fun to fly. I think this is a great addon for anyone who is happy with FSX. Mark.

I think it's a smart move my PMDG, filling a noticeable gap in the market. A lot of people (most even) still can't sim in heavy jets into large cities due to bad performance. This aircraft might at least get poeple flying busier routes.

Guest 413X3

so then why not remake the B1900C/D? One of the most versatile and still popular airplanes? I get it, the owner of PMDG used to fly JS-41s, but how about rewarding his loyal customers who are anxiously waiting for updates for their great aircrafts of the past, like the express line beechcraft.

about rewarding his loyal customers who are anxiously waiting for updates for their great aircrafts of the past, like the express line beechcraft.
Lets just say that YOU have been anxiously waiting, not everyone waits for the same thing...

Makes you angry??? Old an not popular?? Maybe with you. If it does not appeal to you, then do not buy it and keep your $45. It's your loss. Forty-five dollars is a steal for this beautiful aircraft.Simulations of this caliber is why I purchase PMDG products and PMDG will continue to receive my business irregardless of what aircraft they develop next. I'm already awaiting their next release.

The term "need" is non-sensical when it comes to a videogame.I can't speak for everybody, but I for one am glad there is a developer out there that will tackle aircraft like the J41. It is add-ons like the J41 that keep me, personally, coming back to FS. I'm a huge turboprop fan is this is a welcome addition to FSX for me. Do I need it? Nope, but I sure do appreciate it.

Thanks PMDG, the Jetstream looks like a great addon at a good price. My only problem is that there have been almost too many sweet aaircraft released lately. Before I really get a chance to get familiar with one, another one comes along. For example, I'm still trying to get the time to sort out my...A2A B377DukeCS 727CatalinaL-39 ConstellationActually, now that I think about it, that's not a bad spot to be in...

Guest abulaafia
This is another advantage of having smaller aircraft, without feeling guilty you can operate it from smaller airfields, no rubbing shoulders with 747s at mega airports and hence performance in FSX is usually much better. You take a well simulated turboprop to some of the best smaller airports in FSX (Madeira, all FTX Australian airports, etc.) and the immersion factor is unbelievable. :(
Hear hear. The JS41 is an ideal combination: company ops simulation + discovery of so many airports normally ignored. I have come to love the mid-size fields over the past year. Too many simmers limit themselves to the big airports they know from flights they took as passengers. Well, I'd love to stay and chat by I have an EGNX-EINN to do.

I'm old and unpopular..............I'd would fly that cool looking "Old" bird anytime! :(

...and the people said. AAAAMEN! I find that even the default Beechraft King 350 is interesting, turboprops, and planes with props are different than most other aircraft and are a blast to hand fly and even put on autopilot :(, and btw this airplane is a turbine driven prop. So its almost like taking the turbine of a turbofan engine and attaching the shaft to a propeller :(

The term "need" is non-sensical when it comes to a videogame.I can't speak for everybody, but I for one am glad there is a developer out there that will tackle aircraft like the J41. It is add-ons like the J41 that keep me, personally, coming back to FS. I'm a huge turboprop fan is this is a welcome addition to FSX for me. Do I need it? Nope, but I sure do appreciate it.
Spot on!I've got a similar attitude. Been struggling to learn the Flight1 Fokker 70/100. It's perhaps not the first thing you'd think of, but it's a great little aircraft, and fills a similar niche to the J41. It keeps me busy learning to fly it properly (that MCP is VERY quirky), and I like hand-flying it on approach into little regional airports.And it doesn't even have a VC! :( I wouldn't mind trying the J41, but a lack of time (and..er..memory cells) means I have to draw the line somewhere... :( Ian

The J41 is the biggest challenge I've had in FSX in a long time, it's great, and is renewing my interest in flight sim again - I used to be big jet only, but it gets so boring pressing vnav and lnav and sitting looking at a screen for 8 hours. This is a plane you really do have to manage and it rewards you for it.If the price tag makes you "angry", try going to the PMDG site and downloading the manuals - have a flick through, see what you are missing out on, imo there's at least $45 worth of work in the manuals alone.