Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eletor

Ultimate Traffic 2 - your review

Guest Eletor

Please do not encourage people to get this add-onn, it is impossible to make it work, it is impossible to make the software to conect with FSX ( please read theis forum discussion before you buy this).There is NO technical REAL support, you are directed to their forums were everybody ask questions and NOBODY answer them.I'm VERY dissatisfy with UT2 , after installed ALL my traffic disapear and the only solution was to unistall UT2.ALL the promisses are very tempting but it not delivering most of them :(

Thats complete rubbish. It's NOT impossible to make the software work - it works great on my and many other machines. Don't think you are the center of the world. You aren't.

Please do not encourage people to get this add-onn, it is impossible to make it work, it is impossible to make the software to conect with FSX ( please read theis forum discussion before you buy this).There is NO technical REAL support, you are directed to their forums were everybody ask questions and NOBODY answer them.I'm VERY dissatisfy with UT2 , after installed ALL my traffic disapear and the only solution was to unistall UT2.ALL the promisses are very tempting but it not delivering most of them :(
Your comment of dissatisfaction belongs on UT2's forum. I have no problem using UT2 and that's with other 3rd party add-ons installed as well.I suggest you retry installing it and configuring it in accordance with your FSX specifications.

Eletor - Welcome to the forums... too bad it is not under better circumstances.Have a look at the manual. Once installed go to the Updates page and it will check to see if an update is required. You have to then go to the Traffic page, enable both commercial and general aviation traffic, setting them at 50% & 70% respectively and press update for each then uncheck generic repaints and uncheck enable moving jetways. Make sure to save display settings. I remove AI labels because I do not think it is realistic.Just because you have installed it does not mean that it will work. You will not see any UT2 generated traffic as the "SimObjectPaths.X=simobjects\UT2 Aircraft entry has not been created in your FSX.cfg under [Main] Once you have done all this UT2 will work.Regards,Robert

\Robert Hamlich/

I forgot to mention that you have to change your traffic settings in FSX to O% Commercial and 2% GA.

\Robert Hamlich/

Guest Eletor
I forgot to mention that you have to change your traffic settings in FSX to O% Commercial and 2% GA.
Thank you for your help I will try them and I will keep you posted

Thank you for your help I will try them and I will keep you posted
So basically, you threw this out here having not read the manual? Hope you get it working...

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Guest Eletor
Hi: This is me again:Okay after doing all the recomended steps, nothing still working BUT during all this processes I have discover that I was still having installed the "Demo" version, and after unistalled everything WORKS as supossed.So that was my particular problem, having both versions together was causing the problem.Please take this in consideration in case somebody have my kind of problem.Thank you anyways for your sugestions and help.
Thats complete rubbish. It's NOT impossible to make the software work - it works great on my and many other machines. Don't think you are the center of the world. You aren't.
I'm only one of a lot, a lot of people complaining, have you been in UT2 forums ???? and that because it works for you that doesn't meaning that all of us will have the same result.Took me over 4 weeks make it work.
So basically, you threw this out here having not read the manual? Hope you get it working...
I'm very sorry to tell you that after reading the manual several times my problem was created by a situation created by the "Demo" running together with the "Full" and that is not described in the manual.

Hi: This is me again:Okay after doing all the recomended steps, nothing still working BUT during all this processes I have discover that I was still having installed the "Demo" version, and after unistalled everything WORKS as supossed.So that was my particular problem, having both versions together was causing the problem.Please take this in consideration in case somebody have my kind of problem.Thank you anyways for your sugestions and help. I'm only one of a lot, a lot of people complaining, have you been in UT2 forums ???? and that because it works for you that doesn't meaning that all of us will have the same result.Took me over 4 weeks make it work. I'm very sorry to tell you that after reading the manual several times my problem was created by a situation created by the "Demo" running together with the "Full" and that is not described in the manual.
Good to hear Eletor, posting sometimes makes you think about the problem at hand. It is always a good idea to remove a demo. As for the other comments made I think people here at the forum should be a little more helpful and less critical. It wouldn't be the first time I have seen a person post a question at the forum asking for help, that is what the community is here for. Anyhow, I am glad that you got it working. Do you like the program? I ran all the aircraft through imagetool mip-mapping the textures which make the aircraft look much better.Have you posted at the UT2 forum telling them about the conflict? I am sure there would be many users who would be interested to hear about your findings.Regards,Robert

\Robert Hamlich/

Why do you need to set GA aircraft to 2%? Does this make any difference?It says in the manual that Ultimate Traffic overides and traffic settings in FSX.

Why do you need to set GA aircraft to 2%? Does this make any difference?It says in the manual that Ultimate Traffic overides and traffic settings in FSX.
That's not true. In FSX I have my Airline Traffic set to 100% because I have some WOAI stuff, namely cargo pages, mixed in and I keep the FSX UI setting at 100% to make all the flight plans are active. That would also be the same if you have any custom GA traffic bgls in FSX that you still want to be active. It works fine for me and I dont ever remember reading that you had to set the FSX settings that way since UT2 operates independantly from FSX traffic bgl's.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

That's not true. In FSX I have my Airline Traffic set to 100% because I have some WOAI stuff, namely cargo pages, mixed in and I keep the FSX UI setting at 100% to make all the flight plans are active. That would also be the same if you have any custom GA traffic bgls in FSX that you still want to be active. It works fine for me and I dont ever remember reading that you had to set the FSX settings that way since UT2 operates independantly from FSX traffic bgl's.
Never heard about the 2% GA, unless you want some FSX default GA, but you do need to set Airline traffic to 0% if you only want to use UT2 traffic only and you have other traffic files like WOAI that you don't want loaded.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guest Philouplaine

Hello friends !I'm a new-comer to FS world. I got FSX and then Ultimate Traffic 2. Here in europe, you get a DVD which contains some sort of trojanhorse-like software on the DVD (maybe Ultimate guys are tracking ? I dunno) BUT the consequence is that my antivirus (KIS2010) stopped the setting up of UT2. To have the possibility to install UT2, I had first to turn off Kaspersky Internet Security manually. And then it worked.Maybe this info could help some of you?Best regards and bosn vols !Philippe

Just to answer a couple of questions that have been brought up in this tread.

1. Some Anti virus Packages do pick up a false positive trojan during the install of UT2 and many other Flight One Products, that is why we always recomend to turn off anti virus software during the install process.2. During the install process some Windows 7 and Vista users have problems because they leave their UAC setting in Windows ON. UAC does not always warn that it is not letting data being written to the hard drive, so although the install seems to progress normally UAC has actually prevented some portions of the install happening correctly. I have UAC permanately turned OFF on ALL my machines to prevent this problem.3. After installing users do not update UT2 to the latest version number. This is achieved by installing SP1 and the UT2 HOTFIX in that order. Many problems we eventually fix are caused by users installing the HOTFIX first and then the SP1.4. FSX TRAFFIC SLIDERS, these can be set to what ever level you wish. These sliders have NO effect on the amount of UT2 traffic displayed in FSX. I run many MAIW packages on FSX with no problems.

Finally, we pride ourselves at giving top notch product support at Flight One. We achieve this by the use of FORUMS for the following reasons:-

1. Most probems users experience are discovered within DAYS of the release of a product, and the fix for this problem is also found usually quite quickly. If we used a e-mail ticket system the answer to some problems is not available until the e-mail ticket is replied to, which sometimes can take 48 hours ( we have to have time off too) but with the forum the answers are displayed for EVERYONE to see. Usually a quick search of the forum will find the answer to your question is SECONDS.2. As I have already mentioned SEARCH on ANY FORUM is your FRIEND! Use search and 99% of the time you will find the answer to your problem. If a product is more than a few months old I will guarentee that the problem you are having is not unique to you, and that if a search is carried out on the correct forum the answer to your problem will be there.3.TIPS AND TRICKS are always included on FORUMS, these tips and tricks will ALWAYS include methods to install, and will point you to the latest updates.

f1cert.jpg

I'm downloading UT2 now, I think the info in this post will be useful in helping me get it installed..so I'm glad it was posted..I look forward to enjoying this..Just thinking ahead, are there any add-ons to this people have made with out of service airlines like Pan Am for example?

Chancy Law