Sign in to follow this  
dallyborr

Landing lights...and fog

RJ, what you do on your own computer is no business but your own. I hack freeware and pay ware constantly. It is my right to do so. If I buy a new Mercedes, (which I really do want the latest) and then choose to put a Ford bumper on it - I'm completely within legal means to do so. If I then want to sell that Mercedes with the Ford bumper, I have every right to do so. I would bet my life the idiot that emailed you has never (ever) contributed anything to our community.

RJ, what you do on your own computer is no business but your own. I hack freeware and pay ware constantly. It is my right to do so. If I buy a new Mercedes, (which I really do want the latest) and then choose to put a Ford bumper on it - I'm completely within legal means to do so. If I then want to sell that Mercedes with the Ford bumper, I have every right to do so. I would bet my life the idiot that emailed you has never (ever) contributed anything to our community.

Mitch, that's not something you want to admit, mate.

If you buy a Merc, the car is yours. When you buy payware, you're not buying the code, just the right to use it. On top of that, the right is generally not transferrable, meaning you may not sell it on. The analogy to putting a Ford bumper on your Merc would be using the unaltered software in a different way.

You're correct, though, in your assumption of a right to hack but you should always bear in mind that the vendor also has a right to sue you for breaking the copyright and the terms of your purchase, and law enforcement organisations in your country, the vendor's country, and any other country mentioned in the licence agreement have the right to put you before a court and to take you for all they can.

Freeware is about the same - you may do what you like with it only if the creator gives you permission.

Regards,

D

In the netherlands if you buy it you own it, the eula's are void.

That's not the way the Dutch legal framework sees it.

If you download, clicking the 'I agree' button is still binding. If you buy a disc, the location of the agreement is displayed in the shop.

Beyond which, you're still only buying the right to use of the software.

See here.

Anyhow, this is rather off-topic, isn't it?

Cheers,

D

I remember a judge verdict, what can supersede the law, what said more or less, if you buy it you may do with it what you want.

In case of software, you however may not upload it, but you can do whatever you pleases, sell it and so on.

But it will not help us in a tool getting the pyramid light away easily.

Need to bring this topic back since Im getting those annoying white triangles on foggy, hazy conditions.  Ruins the whole experience watching AI planes and my own with this bright white anomaly.  Has there been a batch file created or a tool created to simply this.  Seem like a very long thread and a bit complicated too.  Or has anyone else figured this out since then.

Thanks

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

I wish it was possible too Bill. As you can see on this thread, there is a fix for the problem but it requires a lot of time and patience to modify each file separately. One solution would be for us to work together on the project with people sharing their modified files rather than each person having to do it individually. Another solution that was being worked on by R.J. did involve a semi-automated batch file system.

Then some *x#^@*** (the word I'm thinking of sounds like "mars pole" but without the "m" or the "p"] sent an anonymous email to R.J. about copyright infringement and he understandably didn't want to deal with the hassle so he quit working on it. I can't imagine that the people who created freeware AI models years ago and readily shared them with the community would object to a project that simply improves their freeware. But our anonymous "friend" ruined it for the whole community with his legalistic BS...

So yes, it could be done. But I doubt anyone is willing to do all that work and then have the same *&$@* (sounds like "trick" but with a "p" instead of "t") bully them into abandoning all their work... Perhaps someone with plenty of time and patience would be willing to go through the thread and put all the info into a single document. That would at least save you the time required to read each posting for the info needed to modify each model.

All I can tell you that once you've learned the technique described at the beginning of the thread, it just takes time and patience to modify each model. The end result is a hugely improved experience of flying in foggy/misty conditions... But it could have been so much simpler if R.J. had been able to complete the work he had begun until Mr. Anonymous screwed it all up for everyone... Yeah, it still makes me furious to think about this gutless jerk and his anonymous email.... :angry:

Cheers mate

Ian