Sign in to follow this  
dallyborr

Landing lights...and fog

Due to the shear number of AI models and because everyone has customized their AI to their own needs, writing a C++ program to fully automate this model conversion is nearly impossible.  I have found a semi-automatic solution which makes this chore much easier.  As an example, it's now possible to convert your entire aardvark (aia) fleet in about 20 minutes or less and you no longer require matchsticks to keep your eyes  :lol:  open while doing voodoo.  Not perfect but better.

If their is enough interest, I'll put together a triangle/cone removal kit.

RJ

Enough interest? PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE - PRETTY PLEASE WITH CREAM AND SUGAR ON TOP!!!! Is that enough interest? LOL

You would be giving the whole community a huge gift if you were able to do that. Once people have seen the difference this makes, flying with AI that haven't been "fixed" is intolerable to me now.

Cheers

Ian

Another thing that would be a huge benefit would be a comprehensive document with all our combined settings to try to cover all the AI currently available. If anyone has an idea of how we could all contribute to that, it would be awesome....

Another thing that would be a huge benefit would be a comprehensive document with all our combined settings to try to cover all the AI currently available. If anyone has an idea of how we could all contribute to that, it would be awesome....

Yep, my thoughts exactly. An Excel spreadsheet or Word document so you can just go column by column.

Thanks again for everything you've done RJ!

Due to the shear number of AI models and because everyone has customized their AI to their own needs, writing a C++ program to fully automate this model conversion is nearly impossible.  I have found a semi-automatic solution which makes this chore much easier.  As an example, it's now possible to convert your entire aardvark (aia) fleet in about 20 minutes or less and you no longer require matchsticks to keep your eyes  :lol:  open while doing voodoo.  Not perfect but better.

If their is enough interest, I'll put together a triangle/cone removal kit.

RJ

That would be very good indeed. I have boxes and boxes of matchsticks available...

Geoff

Unfortunately I'll have to decline.  This morning I received an email (not sure how my email was obtained) stating I'm breaking copyright and the wishes of the developers.  My intent was never to do that.  I have since deleted all my modified models and cut up my backup DVD's.  :wacko:

*** IMPORTANT!!! ****
THIS MODEL (*.MDL) MAY NOT BE DECOMPILED AND EDITED/MODIFIED IN ANY WAY WITHOUT THE EXPRESS PERMISSION OF THE DESIGNER!!!

4 - The files cannot be saved to a storage medium such as a CD or DVD and sold
    or distributed for a fee or for the cost of mailing/posting or the cost of
    manufacturing or production of storage media.

RJ

That sucks - and it is totally pathetic. Talk about legalism! All you have done is given the entire community a way of upgrading FREEWARE addons that eliminates a problem caused by FS9 and which the original authors, had they known the fix, almost certainly would have done in the first place!

I support intellectual property rights and I support a reasonable use of copyright laws, but this is pure MALE BOVINE EXCREMENT. (no bad words allowed...)

RJ - I am truly sorry somebody chose to do this to you. You have added so much to the sim with all your incredible hard work. Whoever it was, I hope they feel proud of their contribution to the legal insanity in our society and the harm they've caused to the very community for whom the freeware was produced.

I have a suspicion who it might be and how my email was obtain, but that's just a guess.  Either way, I'm certainly not getting into copyright issues.  I will no longer accept PM's on this topic either.

RJ

Disgusting...  Sorry RJ!

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Sorry you had to take the fall for that RJ. Pretty sad when a developer will deny something that would do nothing but enhance and increase the enjoyment of the sim for all.

I have a suspicion who it might be and how my email was obtain, but that's just a guess.  Either way, I'm certainly not getting into copyright issues.  I will no longer accept PM's on this topic either.

RJ

Well - he who it is can stick to those weird rules - but he'll receive bad karma for this.

Copyright infringements is an absolute no-go, but isn't this way a little nitpicky?

Who is making any penny out of this?

What´s the gain of accusing you of what you did?

In Europe we have a legal term, called "reasonability" for this. In jurisdiction this term is highly important for any legal suit.

Bad style!

Bad karma!

After receiving this very odd email about copyright, I decided not to proceed with my semi-automatic solution.  So I shelved that.  I then started working on another option where the tools were not made by me but found on the internet.  You can grab it here.  

This will help speed things up slightly if you decide to convert your models.

RJ

You're Welcome neumanix.

I just ran a script on my AI folder that generated a 3D taxi/landing light configuration file that I'm using on my AI.
The file copied the AI model name and extracted just the taxi/landing [Lights] section of each of my AI aircraft.cfg files.

It striped the "fx" effect as some people may be using a freeware or payware 3D effect so you'll have to re-add that.

The file contains this information for each AI aircraft:

//////////////////////////Aardvark models (AIA)//////////////////////////

//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing , 6=taxi
3D light configuration [lights] for model:
aia_B717.mdl
light.8 = 5, -8.00, -44.50, -0.40,
light.9 = 5, -8.00, 44.50, -0.40,
light.10 = 6, 59.00, -0.9, -2.50,
light.11 = 6, 59.00, 0.9, -2.50,
light.12 = 5, 59.00, 0.0, -2.50,

You can find that file here.

RJ

Hi guys,

Does anyone here have the HEX strings for removing the triangles on TFS models?

Dave

I read through that topic while I was searching for the solution of the light problem in FS2004. But I only read AI models.

Is there an option to change this also in an normal aircraft like Digital Aviation,Ifly,Level-D? I would be interested in the taxilights as the landing lights may be turned off like in real life.

Thanks!

Greetings Eddi :smile: