Sign in to follow this  
Calypso50

PMDG JS41

Blanket response to all who wish us or any others devs to reveal numbers related to business.There are privacy, confidentiality, and other laws related to such activity even if we were willing to offer such to individuals in a public FS forum.Such information is indeed confidential in nature and none of any outsiders business.I'm incredulous that anyone would even ask. Next time you are at your local department store or gas station ask them the same question.Take a photo of the look on the managers face before he tells you to take hike or has you removed from the premises.Drop Randozzo a PM asking him the same and save the result for future reference. Call up Jim Rhodes or Steve Halpern over at Flight One and archive the answer for posterity.This sort of bravo sierra by simmers in public shows a blatent disregard for convential wisdom and good practice.Don't like us or our products, ignore them and run along, but please do not insult our or others in this forms intelligence. :( Finally, you are out of your mind if you think we are going to make private and confidential information public. :(I agree with Mac above. Please lock this mess down.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Just like people who write software/network protection are well versed in hacking software/networks... developers also must we well versed in how software is pirated, where to find it and how to track it.Now... why should I teach you those things? You have no legitimate need of knowing how to locate pirated software and check it's download statistics.
You said ...pirate downloads exceed sales by over 1000%...That gives all of us a legitimate interest in knowing you determine the actual number of downloads of a specific product.

You said ...pirate downloads exceed sales by over 1000%...That gives all of us a legitimate interest in knowing you determine the actual number of downloads of a specific product.
You can be interested all you want. However, your interest doesn't define a requirement on my part to show you how to obtain the information I have. So... if you want to go into pirate-land and learn how to determine download counts... you're on your own. I don't have to do it.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

You can be interested all you want. However, your interest doesn't define a requirement on my part to show you how to obtain the information I have. So... if you want to go into pirate-land and learn how to determine download counts... you're on your own. I don't have to do it.
I agree you don't have to do it. But then we don't have to believe your unsubstantiated claims.You realise that your aproach is doing developers no favours. Given piracy is at the high levels you claim, then surely you should be only too delighted to demonstrate the facts. The fact that you aren't must cast doubt on the claims

I agree you don't have to do it. But then we don't have to believe your unsubstantiated claims.You realise that your aproach is doing developers no favours. Given piracy is at the high levels you claim, then surely you should be only too delighted to demonstrate the facts. The fact that you aren't must cast doubt on the claims
Look... I've just reported you for trolling. Because you are.Entering a thread with the sole intent of arguing against someone's statements without any foundation is trolling. You're just wanting to pick a fight. Something you do a lot in these forums.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

When we can no longer reasonably discuss once again-locked..