Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

I can't stress this enough for anyone using REX...

Hi Everyone,Sorry to say, I tried the following sets of numbers and I did not see any change.TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=400TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=40.000000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=60.000000TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=400TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=9.500000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=3.900000TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=400TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=9.900000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=9.900000TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=400TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=9.5TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=4.5TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=400TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=9.500000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=4.500000

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

It's amazing to me most aren't seeing any difference.... :(
Les, most tweaks, as you yourself know, are "your mileage will vary" type of things. Most of the time if something "doesn't work", it's mostly down to our individual configurations. There are so many factors at play, I'm not really surprised. Having said that, it's great that they work for you and unfortunate that others are not seeing the same benefit, just the nature of the beast :)

Guest Zevious Zoquis
Les, most tweaks, as you yourself know, are "your mileage will vary" type of things. Most of the time if something "doesn't work", it's mostly down to our individual configurations. There are so many factors at play, I'm not really surprised. Having said that, it's great that they work for you and unfortunate that others are not seeing the same benefit, just the nature of the beast :)
Actually, I'd say that "most" tweaks come down to placebo effect much of the time. I fall victim to it myself. Somebody posts something they say provided a benefit and you try it out and at first its like "wow! that looks great." But often if you switch back and forth and really look at it objectively you realize there really wasn't any change at all. Of course, some stuff does actually work for some or most or occasionally even all of us. But ftmp over the years I've been flight-simming theres been very few of these tweaks that really gave an objectively measurable benefit...

I'd still set upper level haze to 70 miles out in programs like 'ActiveSky Advanced' to hide FS9's crappy distance blocks, you be the best judge. It's much better than before where I had to set upper level haze to 20 miles out)...
Hi dilloll0,In ASX/ASE there are following sliders for Visibility:Minimum Surface VisibilityMaximum Surface VisibilityMaximum Upper VisibilityThere are 3 check boxes:- Fog layer generation- Disable Haze Layer- Enable Visibility Graduation and SmoothingPlease advise what exactly you referred to by "upper level haze to 70" or even better, just post your numbers and checkmarks for the above settings.Thanks,Dirk.

Hi dilloll0,In ASX/ASE there are following sliders for Visibility:Minimum Surface VisibilityMaximum Surface VisibilityMaximum Upper VisibilityThere are 3 check boxes:- Fog layer generation- Disable Haze Layer- Enable Visibility Graduation and SmoothingPlease advise what exactly you referred to by "upper level haze to 70" or even better, just post your numbers and checkmarks for the above settings.Thanks,Dirk.
I'm in a total different space now with 'Bloom' installed on top of REX's 'Perfection' sky. In FSUIPC I have no restrictions on visibility anymore. I let the weather program set the distance based on real world data via ActiveSky Evolution. I changed how I do things because 'Bloom' made everything look better in the distance in conjunction with 'Perfection'. I'll check my numbers in ActiveSky when I get home and tell you what I'm using now.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I'm in a total different space now with 'Bloom' installed on top of REX's 'Perfection' sky
No, you're not, I've had bloom installed for a while with similar bloom settings from the same threads on these boards. I'm interested in your relevant ASE settings and my winds and visibility are off limits to FSUIPC as well. Except for I'm high on HDEv2 sky and clouds.Thanks,Dirk.

And we are still waiting for the comparison shots.. :-)
At this point your going to have to take my word for it... :(

FS2020 

No, you're not, I've had bloom installed for a while with similar bloom settings from the same threads on these boards. I'm interested in your relevant ASE settings and my winds and visibility are off limits to FSUIPC as well. Except for I'm high on HDEv2 sky and clouds.Thanks,Dirk.
ASE settings:Fog Layer Generation - CheckedDisable Haze Layer - UncheckedEnable Visibility Graduation & Smoothing - CheckedMinimum Visibility - 0Maximum Visibility - 100Maximum Upper Visibility - 75

FS2020 

At this point your going to have to take my word for it... :(
Peace out!