Sign in to follow this  
aceridgey

Unofficial PMDG 777 Topic

Guest BlueRidgeDx
Thanks, Guys. I've done T7 IAD-DEN, but I can't remember the last commercial flight out of IAD I've seen with a 747
Hey Doug. Looks like UAL runs IAD-NRT in the 744. I can't say if that's the flight I used to see in IAD when I was there (ACA & Independence Air, 2003-2005) or not. There might be more, but that one happens to be in the air right now.

Great to hear about the T7. I felt the PSS T7 had alot of potential but never quite got there. I'm sure PMDG will make it right!

Hey Doug. Looks like UAL runs IAD-NRT in the 744. I can't say if that's the flight I used to see in IAD when I was there (ACA & Independence Air, 2003-2005) or not. There might be more, but that one happens to be in the air right now.
Nick, sorry, I meant domestic flights. There's tons of 747s flying in/out of IAD. Once while being vectored on the downwind of IAD toward my home base, I could hear them working a Speedbird behind me. Then, at about midfield, I saw it: 1000 feet above me and move about 60 k faster. The wake turbulence, while relatively light, wasn't fun. Sure was shiny, though. Virgin, JAL, Korean, BA, S.A., China and Air France (I think) fly them pretty regularly in and out of IAD. LFT uses the 330/340s now. I know UAL used to do the IAD-DEN route on T7 (I've been on it). Once while on the visual to 19(I forget which one), I heard on channel 9 the guys behind us complaining to ATC about the turbulence. "Hey, Potomac (Then Dulles), what are we following, we've got turbulence." "A triple 7, you're X miles back. I can slow you down if you want."BTW, with "Blue Ridge" being gone from the IAD skies, I had forgotten about them. It never dawned on me that with screen name you were based there before ACA cratered. We shared some airspace back then.

Guest Formula

We all already know if PMDG makes the T7 it will be a quality product, that just goes without saying. And a quality T7 IS much needed for us that use FSX (Wilco's only worthwhile aircraft is the 737 and even the new ERJ looks pathetic in VC view). But, for the love of god PMDG, can we please have a FUNCTIONAL WX Radar with this aircraft if not with the NGX?The one thing that has always bugged me about your aircraft is they have all these systems modeled and theres no WX radar. So strange, and it doesnt have to be a perfect WX radar either, even the one that COMES WITH the Captain Sim aircraft and the old PSS T7 would be just fine for all of us I'm sure. Keep up the good work guys and I will, unless something drastic and terrible changes in your development department, be buying every airliner you guys ever produce, ever. :(

Guest BlueRidgeDx

Doug,Sorry about that...I thought we were talking only about United. We used to get a similar view in the J41 as we worked our way down the JASEN arrival (it's ROYIL, now) into IAD. The turboprops like us were held down low as we crossed the mountains over Kessel VOR, and we could look up and see all the jets streaming a few thousand feet above us.If we didn't get the straight-in to 12, we'd make the turn at GILBY and take the downwind for 1L (now, 1C). Since Potomac seemed to always run 30nm finals for IAD, we always got a nice view of HEF, sometimes making our turn to join the localizer in a nice arc right around it. It looked like a nice place...like the runway had just been resurfaced or something. RSR wrote a fantastic dedication to ACA in the first few pages of the J41 Introduction manual. I think it sums up my feelings about the place quite well. I miss it every day...

If we didn't get the straight-in to 12, we'd make the turn at GILBY and take the downwind for 1L (now, 1C). Since Potomac seemed to always run 30nm finals for IAD, we always got a nice view of HEF, sometimes making our turn to join the localizer in a nice arc right around it. It looked like a nice place...like the runway had just been resurfaced or something. RSR wrote a fantastic dedication to ACA in the first few pages of the J41 Introduction manual. I think it sums up my feelings about the place quite well. I miss it every day...
The longer runway was redone in 2003-4, I think. There's a government G-5 there (a joke around the field, since they tried to land on the runway while it was being repaved; rumor is they tried to "order" ATC into opening the runway, to which they supposedly said something like "you're free to land on the gravel, but the guys who can tow you the hangar are off today." They landed at IAD.) Colgan is also based there; I followed their Saabs out a few times as they did they 3 minute positioning flight to IAD. For the experience, feel free to land the J41 there (34R/16L).I went back and read RSR's intro; I hadn't noted it before. I knew a few Indy Air and ATA guys, they all spoke highly of them.

One has to realise that the LR's capabilities not only can be used to stay airborne a gazillion hours. You can also fly a 200ER route but taking with you a bigger payload. Take the LR to its maximum ZFW and watch the range drop...The 200F (based on the LR) will be even better, load that one to its teeth and enjoy decent "short" longrange flights.The 200LR is not only about flying 18 hours non-stop, this very much depends on the mission you want it to fly.Markus
Hi MarkusI really didnt understand what you were trying to say in this post so i thought i would do a little research. I found out what u meant after i went to the boeing website. Delta has a problem with there jfk to mumbai route. The plane that they were using 777 200ER had the range for the flight it is appox. 6800 nm. but were having weight restriction problems on this route enabling it to carry a full load so they have replaced the 777 200ER with the 777 200LR which has a greater payload than the 200ER.Thanks for the insight and I was hoping for the 200LR so this just helps that cause along a little LOL.Will

Guest CX355
I haven't done a "real" flight in the MD-11 or even the J41 in a long time. I just pick two destinations I'm interested in and go. I scratch my head at the people who said they wouldn't buy the MD-11 because "no one" flies them anymore. It's a virtual world, people. Try thinking outside the box. -Alex
Ya, this acrft is a real gem......for those who don't have it, Tooooooooooooooooooooo Bad, I think it is their best work by far.Vincent

Hey,Finally you're going for a 777, so far so good. One of the best looking Airplane ever. Hope you will include the flight profile as real as you can with all the possible inertia, especially for taxi ops. Also, pls, don't forget to add all the callouts, from T/O to Lndg, some messages for Cabin attendants and some for ambiance music too...About the filght deck, no need for the in-flight camera on the MFD, even if it's cool, no 2D cockpit at all, a STUNNING 3D instead with a particular effort on the lighting system, for night ops, and of course, a fully functional cockpit. Concerning the 777 series, either a 200 ER/LR or 300 will be fine, a 777F will be very nice too and if you're going to do a 772, pls, include the "original" Boeing livery:I'm not a PMDG customer yet, have to update my CPU, 1st, but i'm going for your NG when released.No doubt about the quality of your products and your Professionalism, as i can read on various topics. Cheers,Yves

Guest 413X3

I hope PMDG models the beautiful 777-200ERF

We'll do something cool with the EFB guys, don't worry. Not promising that it will actually simulate the real thing, but I can definitely see having the ability to display chart PDFs or something like that.
With regards to PDFs people raised very good point about potential stability issues from 3rd party software. I guess it might be good idea to implement it as separate process which will be converting PDFs into image files which are much easier to handle. Then even if this process crash or hung it won't affect FSX.

I haven't done a "real" flight in the MD-11 or even the J41 in a long time. I just pick two destinations I'm interested in and go. I scratch my head at the people who said they wouldn't buy the MD-11 because "no one" flies them anymore. It's a virtual world, people. Try thinking outside the box. -Alex
Who says that "no one" flies the MD-11 any more?The MD-11 is the major cargo hauler for FDX, LH Cargo, UPS. Just to name a few.KLM still operates the MD-11 out of Schiphol for passenger transport to long-haul destinations.Finnair still operates an MD-11 for transatlantic passenger transport.Sure, the MD-11 may not be as common as the ubiquitous A320 or a 737, but it's definitely still in heavy use, especially in the Cargo sector.

Dave P. Woycek

i would love to see:777 200ER/200LR/200LRF/300ER.i dont think they should do the Standard 200 or 300 models as many are being replaced by the longer range models. These 4 variants would be amazing!!!!!!

Guest BlueRidgeDx

I hope they make the 777-200, the 777-200LRF, and the 777-300.I hope they do not make the 777-200ER, 777-200LR, 777-200LRF, or 777-300ER.I'd also be happy if they make the 777-200LR, and 777-300ER, but not the 777-200LRF or 777-300.A third option would be to have the 777-200LRF, the 777-300 and the 777-300ER.Anyone else agree?

I hope they make the 777-200, the 777-200LRF, and the 777-300.I hope they do not make the 777-200ER, 777-200LR, 777-200LRF, or 777-300ER.I'd also be happy if they make the 777-200LR, and 777-300ER, but not the 777-200LRF or 777-300.A third option would be to have the 777-200LRF, the 777-300 and the 777-300ER.Anyone else agree?
I don't think they'd model te standard 200 and 300. They aren't popular at the min an I don't think they would be in flight sim either. I think for definate we'll see the 200ER and 300ER, but I'm also hoping for the lr and lrf to be modeled. Who knows they may do all.