Sign in to follow this  
aceridgey

Unofficial PMDG 777 Topic

Now using Time acceleration of 8x gives 100 minutes of cruise time.
Sorry but I don't get people who use time acceleration together with advanced simulation. If the only thing you are after is takeoff, climb descend and landing you would be better served bya short-haul aircraft or flying 777 on short hops. I will never understand someone who would say "it isnot realistic to fly 777 on short trips" yet the same person sees nothing wrong with realism of timeacceleration which in my book is the ultimate realism killer.

Guest icecone
Sorry but I don't get people who use time acceleration together with advanced simulation. If the only thing you are after is takeoff, climb descend and landing you would be better served bya short-haul aircraft or flying 777 on short hops. I will never understand someone who would say "it isnot realistic to fly 777 on short trips" yet the same person sees nothing wrong with realism of timeacceleration which in my book is the ultimate realism killer.
The original 777-200/-300 are regional aircraft, and a lot of 77W and 77F do short hops.

The original 777-200/-300 are regional aircraft, and a lot of 77W and 77F do short hops.
Very good point but clearly not very convincing to someone who insists on the -LR version.

Hi Michael,Does it really matter? Those who enjoy long haul are probably happy to take off, leave the computer and do something else. Some might enjoy staying in front of the computer all day -or night- long (I've never done it so far but who knows...) but I suppose the vast majority will come back at TOD and do the landing. If need be, they (we) can "cheat" a little bit more and use acceleration. We're still sitting in front of a computer, enjoying a great sim... and having a lot of fun.Best regards,Bruno

Very good point but clearly not very convincing to someone who insists on the -LR version.
One has to realise that the LR's capabilities not only can be used to stay airborne a gazillion hours. You can also fly a 200ER route but taking with you a bigger payload. Take the LR to its maximum ZFW and watch the range drop...The 200F (based on the LR) will be even better, load that one to its teeth and enjoy decent "short" longrange flights.The 200LR is not only about flying 18 hours non-stop, this very much depends on the mission you want it to fly.Markus

Markus Burkhard

You just had to go there..........?? And I have never figured out how people can deticate a whole day of their life, to a simulated flight. But I respect your approach to flight simulation. For me, it is much of the pre-flight calculations, and then going around the world and arrive as close to the numbers I predicted/calculated. And then of course there are possible scenarios of loosing an engine on take off, dumping fuel etc.... Scenarios that are not as much of a headache in the short hop world. When I'm doing short hop's, I like turboprop's not small jet's. So I'm not eagerly awaiting the NGX (sorry). I'm jumping in joy, about the B777!!!!!!!! and researching the platform called FSX :( Golli.

Yep, he's on the 757/767 again now because of it, but he bid 747-400 now, so it's back to that... just wanted to say he flew it before they're all retired.
Ryan do you get ID90's?

Rob Prest

Can we keep it on track about 777 please gents! :)Cheers
I vote for the inclusion of the LR version so I can do the Chicago - Singapore route. I've stuck with FS9 for all this time due to the investment of time and money but finally I see the end of days for FS9 on my machine. I plan on upgrading at the end of 2010 just in time to get the NGX and to be prepared for the delivery of the 777. I am looking forward to doing some 16 to 19 hour hauls. Thnx for the 777 PMDG!!!Richard

That is the reason I can sadly say I don't own any of PMDG's long haul aircraft. I don't do long haul flights nearly enough to justify spending money on it.
Joseph,there are and were PLENTY of short to medium haul missions for both the B744 and MD11 you could fly, especially on the charter and cargo side. So doing short flights using a wide body airplane is not unrealistic at all.Best regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

I use to only do long hauls, but most of my flights now are with the MD-11 or 744, and are usually less than 2 hours without any acceleration. I prefer to make it long enough to perform all the correct steps, then have time to set up my descent, then perform the approach etc... It is nice though to also have these aircraft should I decide to do long hauls again in the future.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

A co-pilot I knew for Ryanair (before 911) once walked back into the cabin on a near empty flight with a backpack that looked a bit like a parachute and told the passengers "we have a bit of a problem with the landing gear, I am just going on ahead to warn them".
Pre-911 I think I'd die from laughter if I was on that plane.

Ok so I am surprised no one asked this yet...What about the camera systems :) How cool would that be in FSX to be able to use one of the PFD's for the camera system in the T7 as in real life... Just my .02 ;)-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Joseph,there are and were PLENTY of short to medium haul missions for both the B744 and MD11 you could fly, especially on the charter and cargo side. So doing short flights using a wide body airplane is not unrealistic at all.Best regards,Markus
Up until recently (and it may be seasonal, BA ran a 744 from Nice to Heathrow. The trip is only an hour or so. I fly it reasonably frequently when I don't have time for something longer. In the states the shortest flights are the cargo flight to and from PANC. (Some of these routes are also MD-11s) The MD-11 is trickier domestically, because most of the short flights are to or from the freight guys in Louisville and Memphis. When I'm not playing with the failures, I use time compression pretty extensively on any flight over two hours in cruise. Straight and level is pretty tedious. It can be boring enough at 7,000 and 150k, I'm sure its even more so at FL350 and mach .8. When the NGX comes out, I have a feeling I will be flying that pretty much exclusively for several months.